New Pearl Jam leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: i'll keep looking... can't leave work till 4 anyways... next available train would be at 4:30, wouldn't get into penn station until 5:00... one would think around 5 there would be a rush of people leaving work.

:hmm:

on an unrelated note... anyone have a copy of the third mansfield show on their computer? i can't find my copy anywhere and the only way it's offered on iTunes is at a per song basis, and it's like a 46 song show.

My buddy got the CD early, and he let me borrow it to rip the songs to my comp. :Drool:

the booklet is fucking creepy :yikes:

but it's a neat setup, almost like a little book, inside's the booklet and pouch for the CD. :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:

the booklet is fucking creepy :yikes:

:drool: Creeepy. Hopefully it's the good kind...the kind that makes you think about the world and your existence in it. I hear there are pictures of limbs or something...I'll find out tomorrow!

After several repeated listening to the AOL stream, I'm pretty happy with the album. It's beautifully ragged and intense. Severed Hand has really grown on me. At first, I hated Marker in the Sand, but it's gotten better as well. That song is a great example of how good lyrics can really alter the quality of a song over the long haul. In this case, they lift a pretty traditional arrangement into something special.

Can't wait for the Letterman broadcast...I wonder if Paul will do any of the keyboard/piano? I think he's done that in the past for PJ performances.

It's disturbing creepy, like something I'd expect inside of a NIN booklet :lol:

i havne't gotten the album yet, but will, so maybe someone who has it already can help me with this:
what's the significance of the avocado as the cover? hheehe it boggles me, but it's cool. i loove avocados.

I've heard most of the album, its pretty damn good. Glad to see that they're back to more of a rockin' sound...I'll have to buy the cd tomorrow (tues) when its released!

angelordevil said:

:drool: Creeepy. Hopefully it's the good kind...the kind that makes you think about the world and your existence in it. I hear there are pictures of limbs or something...I'll find out tomorrow!

After several repeated listening to the AOL stream, I'm pretty happy with the album. It's beautifully ragged and intense. Severed Hand has really grown on me. At first, I hated Marker in the Sand, but it's gotten better as well. That song is a great example of how good lyrics can really alter the quality of a song over the long haul. In this case, they lift a pretty traditional arrangement into something special.

Can't wait for the Letterman broadcast...I wonder if Paul will do any of the keyboard/piano? I think he's done that in the past for PJ performances.

one would guess that boom will be in full effect for the letterman shows

i ended up not going down to the tower rercord store... i didn't get out of work till 6, wouldn't have gotten into penn by 7, not down to the store until 7:15-7:20... didn't think it was worth it at that point. maybe some radio stations will give some tickets away... oh wait, there are no modern rock stations in new york city. :mad:

Although you'd have missed out on the free ducat to Irving Plaza, apparently you could have gotten a Krispy Kreme donut from J Records CEO Clive Davis himself, so that would have been worth 5 hours on the sidewalk.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
this is pearl jam's born in the usa.

No horrible synths I hope! :yikes:

*is kicking himself in the ass for not ordering that copy from Tenclub with the bonus CD*

This album is by far better than the last two and although the cover looks lame and tame the inside will indeed make you go what the fuck!!! As far as the music goes most of it reminds me of Vitalogy (not better than Ten or VS but one their best). Can't wait for the concert!!!

this is pearl jam's born in the usa.

Interesting...

I think it's great, much better than Binaural, but unlike Born In the USA, I didn't hear obvious hits. At least in the first few listens...

i use the analogy as in the fact that it's a comeback album for an act that never really went away, and it really captures the feel of the nation at the time

Gotcha...that makes sense!

Just listened to "Pearl Jam" for the first time. Its definitely a great album and better than the last one, I just don't know where to place it. I actually loved Binaural as well as most of the other albums, so its going to be tough to place it on the list of their albums.

Zootlesque said:
Okay... I can't..... really... get into this album... Does it grow on you or something? :huh:

Okay... turns out it does grow on ya! :lol:

Comatose! :rockon:

Severed Hand intro :combust:

more on this later.. :wink:

tuwie said:
i havne't gotten the album yet, but will, so maybe someone who has it already can help me with this:
what's the significance of the avocado as the cover? hheehe it boggles me, but it's cool. i loove avocados.

Well, according to my sources (actually, a lot of googling):

Barlow & Martin (2002) identify the avocado as a fruit adapted for ecological relationship with large mammals, now extinct (as for example the South American herbivorous giant ground sloths or the Gomphotheres). This fruit with its mildly toxic pit, co-evolved with those extinct mammals TO BE SWALLOWED WHOLE AND EXCRETED IN DUNG, READY TO SPROUT. The ecological partners have disappeared, and THE AVOCADO PLANT HAS NOT HAD TIME

Whoever guessed a fruit could possess so much meaning?

it really captures the feel of the nation at the time

This is the album's greatest strength :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
It's disturbing creepy, like something I'd expect inside of a NIN booklet :lol:

:sad: So much blood and sinew....it shocked me at first glance, but maybe that's the intent? There's definitely a war-strewn sense about the artwork--almost apocalyptic. As well, the puzzle-head thing looks eerily similar to George Bush.

I'm completely in love with the album...it just may be their best...we'll see. I'm absolutely drooling over Severed Hand--especially the lead-in, and the way the guitars keep going and going near the end when you expect them to stop. This song will be so incredible live.

Back
Top Bottom