New Pearl Jam leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow i seriously don't remember making that post lol... damn you, beer...

anyhoo... VH1 Storytellers taped last night in NYC... here was the setlist

Main Set- Betterman, Unemployable, Worldwide Suicide, Gone, Sleight of Hand, Army Reserve, Insignificance, Alive

Encore 1- Here's To The State of Mississippi, Life Wasted

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Encore 1- Here's To The State of Mississippi,
Haven't heard it, but it was changed to "Here's to the State of George W. Bush", and I can guarantee will end up on the cutting room floor.

June 1, 2006 - E. Rutherford, NJ; Continental Airlines Arena
Opening: My Morning Jacket
Pre-set Ed solo: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (by The Beatles)
Pre-set Ed w/My Morning Jacket: It Makes No Difference (by The Band)
Set List: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Immortality, Green Disease, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney), Alone, Jeremy, Why Go, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Come Back, Footsteps, Once, Alive
2nd encore: Last Exit, Comatose, Leatherman, Glorified G, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Indifference

Leash now 5 straight shows...they're gonna play it until people start holding signs that say "Drop Leash" Instead of "Play Leash" or "Drop the Leash" :wink:

And the Mamasan trilogy in reverse order again

a few notes from the show last night...

--building was half empty when eddie took the stage for the pre-set... despite a downpour outside. probably had something to do with a garbage truck breaking down in the lincoln tunnel which caused a bid of a pickle. was packed out by the time PJ took the stage, though
--after even flow eddie mocked the crowd by saying "you guys did a good job singing on that one and all, but i gotta tell ya, boston was louder" which of course went over so well with the yankee fans.
--stone's guitar rig cut out during alone, and while his roadie was trying to fix it, he accadently knocked out eddie's microphone chord, 'causing a quite funny "what the fuck" look from eddie, a huge roar from the crowd, and a little of the old video game "wah-wah" from mike as the song stopped short... after everything was fixed they picked it back up midway through
--eddie took a spill after doing a jumping leg kick at the end of alive, he limped off the stage and had an obvious limp when he came back.
--after glorified g eddie spoke to the crowd about "the last time we were here (which i'm gonna take to mean in the NYC area because this incident was at Nassau Coliseum not Continental... anyhoo) we played bu$hleaguer" and how the song ended up getting booed, then he took a survey asking "if we were to play it again tonight, which we're not, but if we were, would you want to hear it now" which still got a decent amount of boo's but was eventually met with loud cheers. after the cheers ended eddie again said that they weren't going to play it, but did say "i do believe that the last time we played here someone had a sign that said play leash you pussies," to which he made some joke about how their resiliant because "you boo us, you call us pussies, and we fucking keep coming back for more," which of course led into them playing Leash.
--the line for the port authority bus, the only mass transit from the meadowlands back into manhattan, stretched around the parking lot on to the road... they ran out of busses and had to send the first busses back. this is why acts should play MSG and not Continental :mad:
--upon ariving back at my car at the train station near my job, i proceeded to drive home, got about 5 miles from my house, and my car broke down on the parkway... managed to have it roll down the off ramp, where it died right in the middle of a rather large intersecton... thankfully at 2:30 there was no one on the road. i was able to push the car across the intersection, where it still sits right now... i then got the pleasure of walking the 5 miltes home... nothing like a nice stroll at 3 in the morning. had to take the train and a cab to work today and am operating on 2 hours of sleep.

a nap will be needed.

phanan said:
Wasn't it pouring last night in NY as well? That must have been a fun walk.
Hopefully he visited Tony V the umbrella salesman after buying the car from Puddy on his way for a medium bowl of crab bisque (Bread was an extra 3 dollars).

wow i seriously don't remember making that post lol... damn you, beer...

anyhoo... VH1 Storytellers taped last night in NYC... here was the setlist

Main Set- Betterman, Unemployable, Worldwide Suicide, Gone, Sleight of Hand, Army Reserve, Insignificance, Alive

Encore 1- Here's To The State of Mississippi, Life Wasted

Seems pretty weak for a Storytellers. I would have liked a few more "classic" PJ songs and here the stories.

Oh well, just expected more from PJ.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Seems pretty weak for a Storytellers. I would have liked a few more "classic" PJ songs and here the stories.

Oh well, just expected more from PJ.
Exactly.

well... to be fair, why do a vh1 storytellers if you're not going to plug the new album.

and secondly... they did play alive and betterman. as for insignifigance and slight of hand? well... it pretty much is what you would expect from PJ, who's never been the preverbial jukebox pumping out just only the hits.

:shrug: yea there are a few other songs that i would have liked to have heard about, but frankly, with all the songs that they've written, the only way they could have satisfied everyone was a nice 3 hour storytellers.

I can't stop listening to Gone, Wasted Reprise, Army Reserve, Come Back and Inside Job over and over again... :crack:

:love: x infinity

I've been loving a live PJ version of the Who's Teenage Wasteland lately--a fantastic cover. Has anyone else heard this?

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I've been loving a live PJ version of the Who's Teenage Wasteland lately--a fantastic cover. Has anyone else heard this?

You mean Baba O Riley! :wink:

No, I haven't heard it. Although... I've heard about it.

well... to be fair, why do a vh1 storytellers if you're not going to plug the new album.

and secondly... they did play alive and betterman. as for insignifigance and slight of hand? well... it pretty much is what you would expect from PJ, who's never been the preverbial jukebox pumping out just only the hits.

:shrug: yea there are a few other songs that i would have liked to have heard about, but frankly, with all the songs that they've written, the only way they could have satisfied everyone was a nice 3 hour storytellers.

I understand promoting the latest album, I think Bruce did an excellent job doing both, promoting the latest album and touching the classics.

But it's a moot point for I read on another board that the band didn't even really tell any stories about the songs. They did the question answer part, but that's about it.

june 3 - east rutheford, continental airlines arena (final show of leg 1 of the tour)

Ed Preset: No Surrender (Bruce Springsteen Cover)
Ed w/MMJ: It Makes No Difference

Main Set: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Hail, Hail, Animal (Mike's guitar gave out midway through, picked it up again from the middle of the song), Love Boat Captain, In Hiding. Even Flow, I Am Mine, Whipping, Gone, Comatose, State of Love And Trust, Rats, Garden, Inside Job, Porch

Encore 1: Army Reserve, Hard to Imagine, Last Kiss, Black/(We Belong Together), Crazy Mary, Last Exit

Encore 2: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Lukin, Leash, Don't Gimme No Lip, Why Go, Leaving Here, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)

BonoVoxSupastar said:

But it's a moot point for I read on another board that the band didn't even really tell any stories about the songs. They did the question answer part, but that's about it.

I never expect Pearl Jam to do the predictable. It's also good to retain a sense of mystery for some songs, instead of deciphering every little nuance or lyric.

angelordevil said:

I never expect Pearl Jam to do the predictable. It's also good to retain a sense of mystery for some songs, instead of deciphering every little nuance or lyric.

I agree there needs to be a sense of mystery. But in past storytellers we've gotten stories about how the song came about or how the recording process was or something...

It has nothing to do with being predictable, but if it's Storytellers then tell a story...it's like doing an unplugged with electric guitars.

Back
Top Bottom