New Pearl Jam leaked! - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Sweet holy mother of Jesus....Life Wasted...on Letterman...just then...mmmmhmmmm.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #167
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Am I the only one that can't get any of the links on that Letterman page to work?

The mp3 sounds awesome though. This is getting burned pronto and played in my car. SO glad to hear Present Tense in that set, along with Why Go and Porch.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #168
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:13 PM
worked fine for me this morning
Old 05-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:43 PM
The Letterman stuff is amazing. I love the reaction of the fans staring at Eddie towards the end of Porch...so funny.

I found this earlier on AOL. Some great performances at Studio X in Seattle. Plus, Eddie actually sits down long enough for an interview!

http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions/sessions_flash.adp?defaultCovers=553,563,560&defaultID=553&ncid=AOLMUS00050000000019
Old 05-08-2006, 02:34 AM   #170
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I almost feel like I should go out and buy a few more copies of this. Just because it's that fucking good.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:39 AM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Anybody else find it fascinating that their most pointedly idealistic, dogmatic, and thematically consistant album is also when they decide to go eponymous? It's virtually a concept album, but it's been given their name. I may just be too analytical. It is nearly 3 AM, I am on page 36 of my paper on reality in musical film, and i've got a gigantic coffee sitting next to me. I ramble.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #172
Blue Crack Distributor

i think i remember hearing or reading somewhere eddie saying that there were just too many ideas going into the album to give it a proper label and that's how they decided to just not give it a name.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #173
Blue Crack Distributor

i'll tell ya... pearl jam setlist parties are decidedly more exciting than those of the u2 variety..

Opening Night Set - Toronto
Set List: Severed Hand, WWS, Life Wasted, Marker in the Sand, Given to Fly, Betterman, Even Flow, Unemployable, Garden, Sad, Corduroy, Present Tense, Daughter (unknown tag), Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job, Why Go

First Encore: Do The Evolution, Jeremy, Come Back, Alive

Second Encore: Porch, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
Old 05-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #174
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i'll tell ya... pearl jam setlist parties are decidedly more exciting than those of the u2 variety..

Opening Night Set - Toronto
Set List: Severed Hand, WWS, Life Wasted, Marker in the Sand, Given to Fly, Betterman, Even Flow, Unemployable, Garden, Sad, Corduroy, Present Tense, Daughter (unknown tag), Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job, Why Go

First Encore: Do The Evolution, Jeremy, Come Back, Alive

Second Encore: Porch, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
Good setlist but not great. The one thing about PJ, is you can go to one show and then the next night be completely jealous of the setlist the next city got...

But that being said they do have some predictability in their setlists...

Any word on how long the show was?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #175
Blue Crack Distributor

haven't seen how long the show was yet... but i did read that mcready broke out a double necked guitar for Inside Job, and the band came on stage to Master/Slave (Ten intro/outro music)

Quote:
Pearl Jam - Air Canada Centre, Toronto - May 9, 2006

By SHERRI WOOD - Toronto Sun

TORONTO - If you were at Pearl Jam's 2006 world tour kick-off show last night at the Air Canada Centre, consider yourself lucky.

Not only was it possibly one of the band's final Toronto performances (they play a second show tonight but have said this may be their last tour), but it may very well go down in history as one of the greatest live performances to ever hit this city.

Even though there are no other Canadian dates on the tour, it was clear the group has a particular fondness for Canada.

"This is the first night of our tour," said vocalist/guitarist Eddie Vedder. "It seems like this side of the border is a safe place to start."

The Seattle quintet -- rounded out by guitarist Stone Gossard, drummer Matt Cameron, guitarist Mike McCready and bassist Jeff Ament -- are touring in support of their eighth studio album, released last week and simply called Pearl Jam.

They've said they rehearsed more for this tour than any other. And it showed.

Awash in multicoloured lights and smoke, the band flawlessly delivered an audible lesson of their 15-year history.

Songs from their epic 1991 debut, Ten, including Even Flow and Garden, were, not surprisingly, the best received.

Even the new songs, including their latest single, World Wide Suicide, were performed with an energy that was fierce and raw and so deeply reminiscent of the early '90s Pearl Jam that we all fell in love with in the first place.

Shaggy and unassuming in their signature jeans-and-T-shirt uniforms, the band had no trouble at all getting the crowd -- a traditional lighter-in-the-air (and not cellphones) rock fan set -- to sing along.

The highlight of the night came during a tradition for Toronto Pearl Jam dates -- the awe-inspiring, chill-inducing Better Man sing-a-long, with the sold-out crowd's Daughter accompaniment coming a close second.

And of course, Pearl Jam have never been ones to disappoint during the encores.

Last night's included crowd favourites Do The Evolution, Jeremy and Alive as well as a ballad from the new album, Come Back.

It's a remarkable ability, they have, to make their encore sets feel special, impromptu and genuine -- not at all like the standard contrived and obligatory encore offerings concert-goers have become so accustomed to.

Swigging from his trademark bottle of wine, Vedder, always the everyman, took the opportunity to further befriend the crowd.

"So, where are you guys going after this?" he asked. "'Cause I feel like having a drink."

In standard Pearl Jam style, they capped the show with a request for the house lights to go on, a rugged cover of Neil Young's Rockin' In The Free World and an energetic Yellow Ledbetter.

If the impeccable musicianship, hypnotizing stage performance and utterly engaging audience interaction for this show didn't move you enough, the notoriously philanthropic band gave us even more to feel good about.

They've decided to donate one dollar from every ticket sold to a local charity in each city they play -- and that money will come directly out of their own pockets for the Toronto dates. Last night's show will benefit the White Ribbon Campaign, a renowned anti-violence-against-women group. Tonight, the guys will dish out for Sketch -- a non-profit initiative that engages homeless youth in the arts.

And if you can still get a ticket tonight, I highly recommend you do.

You can thank me later.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #176
Refugee

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Good setlist but not great. The one thing about PJ, is you can go to one show and then the next night be completely jealous of the setlist the next city got...

But that being said they do have some predictability in their setlists...

Any word on how long the show was?

It's the first show of the tour. Let them get their touring legs and the shows will undoubtly be longer and dip deeper into their catalogue.

I think that setlist looks rockin' but a tad short.
Nice review as well.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #177
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The OOTS

It's the first show of the tour. Let them get their touring legs and the shows will undoubtly be longer and dip deeper into their catalogue.

I wasn't complaining at all...

I mean at first glance it looked short compared to PJ standards but at second look it's probably about right.

I just didn't think it was the strongest setlist I've seen them do.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #178
Refugee

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I wasn't complaining at all...

I mean at first glance it looked short compared to PJ standards but at second look it's probably about right.

I just didn't think it was the strongest setlist I've seen them do.
I didn't think you were complaining.
I actually agree with you. The setlist is 'safe' by PJ standards, but that will change as the tour progresses.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #179
Blue Crack Distributor

progresses? it'll change tonight lol

i heard in an interview with the BBC that eddie was at one point toying with the idea oh a computer program that produced randomly generated setlists, but scraped it 'cause he missed the human element of actually deciding that morning the set
Old 05-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

I haven't seen anyone mention the free card that came with the CD if you bought it at an independent retailer. Did anyone else get it? You get a unique code to be able to download a song from the forthcoming Live At Easy Street EP.

I actually haven't done it yet. Was just wondering if anyone else has...