New Pearl Jam leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but there are rumors of a VH1 storytellers with PJ...
It's happening for real. The information originated from the fan club.

May 25, 2006 - Boston, MA; TD Banknorth Garden
Opening: My Morning Jacket
Pre-set Ed solo: Porch
Pre-set Ed w/My Morning Jacket: It Makes No Difference (by The Band)
Set List: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Marker In The Sand, Low Light, Insignificance, Army Reserve, Garden, I Got Shit, State Of Love And Trust, Comatose, Inside Job, Rearview Mirror

1st encore: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Small Town, Parachutes, Black, Alive
2nd encore: Why Go, Life Wasted, Smile, Indifference, Leash, Rockin' in the Free World (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)

The Leash has been dropped finally after a 12 year wait. (Take that Philly)

Guest guitarist Theo Epstein on Rockin' in the Free World

djerdap said:
I kinda like the video... Really bizarre and original.

Have you seen the set for 2006-05-19 Grand Rapids?

Main set: Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Given To Fly, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Sad, Marker In The Sand, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy, Daughter/(Blitzkrieg Bop)/(I Believe In Miracles), Army Reserve, Green Disease, Why Go, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Sleight Of Hand, Off He Goes, Around The Bend, Parting Ways, Hard To Imagine, Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2: Do The Evolution, Comatose, Satan's Bed, Leatherman, Blood, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

That first encore is SICK!

I was at this show:

First of all, it was a great, great show.

Second, and the funniest part. I got stuck next to a guy who was drunk out of his mind, didn't know most of the songs, and who would yell "JEREMY" before and after every song. So after the first few times he did this, I started yelling "Solsbury Hill". After 4-5 songs, he finally turns to me and says, "Hey man, I don't think that is one of their songs."

And I said, "Shit, that's the only song I came to hear!"

Shoulda seen the look on this guys face. :hyper:

phanan said:
Glad to see that you survived a night out with Headache...

:lol:

So which show was better, in your opinion? They both look tremendous...
Tough to call...both had their unique moments, crowd was extremely loud and energetic both nights, though I dare say the loudest roar of the crowd was for "Leash".
Band was just smokin' both nights as well.
Spin the Black Circle on night was was ridiculously furious, State of Love and Trust and Leash night 2 were close to it intensity-wise.

Funny moment of last night was before "Smile", Ed said they had a request from a young lady in the front, they brought up a girl who I'd guess was 6 or 7, she handed Ed a bouquet, and they played Smile for her. Ed gave her his harmonica. But the funny part was after the first verse, when Ed sang "the sun don't shine, it don't shine at all", he followed with "ah fuck it", and immediately looked at the little girl in the front row and had an "oops" expression.

Of course night 1 featured Mike McCready and Jeff Ament playing patty-cake, doesn't get much funnier than that.

Apparently the second encore last night had "Cannibal" on the setlist. If you read the Globe's review of night 1:

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2006/05/25/pearl_jam_rocks_with_power_and_purpose/

Obviously this writer didn't do her homework. (Consensus is she meant "Animal"). But the band must've gotten wind of the review and added "Cannibal" onto the setlist.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I bet they just got in at 7 this morning. :lol:

Looks like one hell of a show! (Like I'm a huge PJ expert now, heh)

Wonder if Hewson got lucky? :hmm:
Headache hopefully got on a 6AM train back to NY.
Lucky me was back at work before 7 this morning. Have gotten about 6 hours sleep combined the past 2 nights.
But well worth a little sleep deprivation.

Hewson said:

Obviously this writer didn't do her homework. (Consensus is she meant "Animal"). But the band must've gotten wind of the review and added "Cannibal" onto the setlist.

:lol: That's hilarious...they should improvise the lyrics to poke further fun!

Holy shit!!! What a fucking amazing show! I'm beat! :crack: :faint:

Lots of new songs and tons of shit from Ten :heart: Show started with the opening beat of Once and I was over the freakin moon! Then it kicked off into a twin attack of Life Wasted & World Wide Suicide. From the new one, they also played Comatose, Severed Hand, Marker In The Sand, Unemployable and Come Back. From Ten, they played Jeremy, Alive, Evenflow, Why Go and Porch (with extended jamming in the middle of the song!). There were a few unexpected ones from Versus like Blood, WMA & Leash. And great performances of Daughter, Small Town & Animal! Present Tense from No Code, that one I did not expect! Given To Fly & Evolution from Yield. They played Last Kiss!!! I couldn't believe it! Rockin In The Free World & Yellow Ledbetter finale. What a great show! The boys were in top form, particularly Vedder & McCreedy.

My last fm is gonna be filled with PJ for a while, I know it! :lol:

Some pics from last night...

DSCN05111.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

I know these are blurry but I was far far away on the freakin lawn and I did what I could with the zoom feature!

Last edited:
May 27 - Camden, NJ
Pre-set: Gone

Set: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Animal, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Unemployable, Lukin/Not For You/(Modern Girl), Daughter/WMA, I Am Mine, Jeremy, Present Tense, Why Go, Porch

Encore 1: Better Man, Come Back, Elderly Woman, Last Kiss (with members of DNA foundation mentioned in Ed speech), Alive

Encore 2: State Of Love And Trust, Blood, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)

May 28 - Camden, NJ
Pre-set: Throw Your Arms Around Me, It Makes No Difference (Ed w/ My Morning Jacket)

Set: Wash, Go, Worldwide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Save You, Given To Fly, Army Reserve, Grievance, Gone, Even Flow, You Are, Wishlist, Satan's Bed, Garden, Whipping, Life Wasted, RVM

Encore 1: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Parachutes, Black/(So Lonely)/(We Belong Together), Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2: Last Exit, Do The Evolution, Glorified G, Comatose, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)

Zootlesque said:
Some pics from last night...

I know these are blurry but I was far far away on the freakin lawn and I did what I could with the zoom feature!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, Zoots! I really like the first and last pic...looks like album art. Eddie holding out his hand is a neat synergy with the fan's hand.

It seems like you had a stellar version of Porch at your show...this tour has really injected some new life into that song :drool:

they've been playing porch with extended solos in the middle for years now... it's always a highlight.

in boston last thursday eddie came out and played porch acousticly before the opener.. twas droolworthy :drool:

ya know it's a great song when it can be played two completely different ways and still be friggin awesome.

now black from boston 2... :drool: extended guitar solo at the end, eddie colapsing to his knees in a very bono/sundaybloodysunday moment, breaking out the "we belong together" tag... best black i've ever seen :bow:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

in boston last thursday eddie came out and played porch acousticly before the opener.. twas droolworthy :drool:

ya know it's a great song when it can be played two completely different ways and still be friggin awesome.

It seems like you had a stellar version of Porch at your show...this tour has really injected some new life into that song :drool:

May 30, 2006 - Washington, DC; Verizon Center
Opening: My Morning Jacket
Pre-set Ed solo: Don't Be Shy (by Cat Stevens)
Set List: Release, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Animal, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Low LIght, Unemployable, Grievance, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Present Tense, (Piano Intro)/Better Man, Inside Job, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Why Go, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Man Of The Hour, Masters Of War (by Bob Dylan), Small Town, Come Back, Alive
2nd encore: Comatose, Leash, Fuckin' Up (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)

I absolutely love your pictures, ntalwar :drool:

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. The guys really seem energized on this tour...you can really sense the passion in those pics.

angelordevil said:
I absolutely love your pictures, ntalwar :drool:

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. The guys really seem energized on this tour...you can really sense the passion in those pics.

Thanks - luckily my big camera wasn't confiscated :wink: .

Yeah - there was a real passion for both the music and the fans evident. It really seemed to be all about the fans there. Everything including the fact that all the seats are priced the same, the ticket drop (how I got mine), turning on the house lights for last few songs, and playing a long set.

Eddie staring at the guy with the big camera. I just wanted some decent pics :reject: :wink: .

eddy.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom