New Pearl Jam in May?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
from theskyiscrape.com

There has been a lot of rumors going around about the release date for Pearl Jam's new album. We still do not have any confirmed date, however an observant fan who works at a music store noticed a release schedule update issued by Sony Music/BMG (PJ's new record label, J Records is part of BMG). The release schedule lists May as the month slated for release. This information is subject to change and should still be considered "rumor" status, but it's something a little more solid than what people have been saying on various radio stations.

Thanks to efroten for the heads up.
ADDITION 1/31/2006: The Sofia News Agency reports on several possible summer concerts, one of them being Pearl Jam on September 6. This tends to fit in with the rumors that a 2006 PJ tour would start in the US in the summer and venture to Europe in the late summer or early fall. Again, we'd like to stress that these are rumors, and nothing is even close to official at this point.

bmgsony.jpg

Steve Lillywhite has got his job cut out for him at Sony! The pickins' are slim...

I don't know how much I trust that. It says OutKast in February when it should be April.

But I have heard a lot of rumors for Pearl Jam in May.

How did you people get this information? Is BUSH taping my phone conversations?:eyebrow:

No. May 2nd our Christmas single will finally be mailed to our fans.

The album will come out um.. uh.. uh.. well, uh....when I'm done surfing and get back to the studio to actually work. :wink:

People here care about a new Pearl Jam album? :ohmy:

I thought we all agreed that Pearl Jam sucks and sucks. EXCEPT when U2 is on tour and plays stale and lame setlists. Then we all dream about what Pearl Jam are doing when they are on tour :drool:

J...J...J...Joe Satriani is coming back?

...............................Satcho?!

..........................................SATCHO IS COMING BACK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Pearl Jam, finally! This is a release that makes sense (after Joe, of course :wink: )
Audioslave, also:up:

:angry: U2Man THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. F-YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

My friends call me Ed, not fake Eddie. :mad:

I'm impressed that Audioslave already has a new alnum coming out. They have been touring most of the year.

Sly Stallone said:
Yo Eddie.

Can we expect some solid work out tunes on the new album?

Yes. There's uh, going to be more, uh tunes like "Lukin" where you can definitely work out. Uh, Also, Stone convinced us all to do a re-make of Maddonna's VOGUE, that one is going to be KILLER!!

I wonder what the Audioslave release in May is. Possibly a DVD?

:angry: WTF? This is a PEARL JAM thread, it's not about Audioslave. Who cares what they are releasing. Although I hear Chris makes a damn good model lately.

But back to my band people, we are the biggest rock band in the world.... :wink:

A little shameless self-promotion because I value my fans and non fans... uh... and uh.. well, uh... here's the announcement posted on our uh, um, uh message board.. so uh, I just thought, uh, that maybe uh, you guys might uh, want to uh, listen.

February 9, 2006
Ed on K-OS!

Surfer Kelly Slater will be shooting the breeze with Eddie on Kelly's Sirius satellite radio show called "K-OS" this Sunday night and next. The broadcast will take place from a remote surfing location somewhere in the Pacific....

The episodes air this Sunday night 2/12 (PART ONE), and next Sunday night 2/19 (PART TWO) on Sirius Satellite Radio channel 28, FACTION, 8pm Eastern / 5 Pacific.

We're told that anyone can listen for free by going to RadioFaction.com, and clicking the *LISTEN* button for a free three day trial. Check it out!

- Ed Vedder

alters acting like real people is sooooo put 'em under pressure :tsk:

the june audioslave release is a new album

audioslave's been working on new material while touring... i know when i saw 'em at the garden in october they played a new song that they've been doing... i know it's floating aorund the internet somewhere under the title "sound of a gun"

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

where's hewson and theo when you need 'em :madspit:
Haven't seen him in quite a while, he's been down the hall...

Anyway, the PJ camp has not released any official info on album release or tour dates, but many rumors have been swirling, most point to a May album rlease, though other dates have been posted (Apr 11 is also a popular rumor).

As for the tour, the scuttlebutt is a major tour, commencing on US East coast in May (dates like May 12 in Albany and May 14 in Hartford have shown up in various places), followed by a western US leg, then Europe late summer and Australia/NZ in fall.

It would appear that the band is in the booking pocess and some of the rumored tour stops may be preliminary holds on arenas while an itinerary is finalized.

As for our new interefernce member, "Ed Vedder", well any true Pearl Jam fan, including Fake Edge, would know you couldn't be the real thing since one can not access Interference from a typewriter.:wink:

Some radio stations reported May 2nd as the date of the album release, with Worldwide Suicide as the first single, which will be released on radios in late March/April.

All of this is unofficial and rumored, of course.

Actually if their stop in NY coincides with when I have to be there for a wedding in July, Mr. Hewson (10 clubber since 1994) could assisit him, but preliminary itinerary rumors have them in the northeast first, in May.
We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom