New Pearl Jam in May?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MacPhistoPT said:
I never liked Nothing as it seems :reject:

btw, Unemployable is :drool:

ANNOUNCE THE EUROPEAN TOUR YOU BASTARDS :wink:

Its been a while since you guys have seen Pearl Jam.:wink:

Four songs were leaked on one of the fan forums:
Severed Hand, Life Wasted, Comatose and Parachutes.
They sound amazing, it's gonna be a great album...

It's difficult to find links for these tracks, since all links on the important PJ sites were deleted.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i'm gonna have to guess that that would be seattle... but i'm sure you'll give me some sort of stat to prove me wrong.

It might be the Seattle area if were talking about tickets sold on a per capita basis, but I was thinking about where they do the most business regardless of the size of the city. On the past two tours, Pearl Jam has done two shows(each tour) at Seattles Key Arena which has a max capacity of 15,125 for concerts. Contrast that with Philadelphia area where Pearl Jam does two shows at the Tweeter Center with a capacity of 25,000 per show. In addition, on the last tour, Pearl Jam played a soldout show at the Wachovia Center in addition to the two shows at the Tweeter Center. Thats three shows in the Philadelphia area to nearly 80,000 people compared to two shows in Seattle to 30,000 people on the last tour.

Seattle is obvious, but PJ's biggest followings outside the Pacific Northwest are probably Philly, Boston and NYC.
NYC is largely due to sheer size of the city.
They sell very well in Philly.

I'll tell you in May.
They are will call, won't know location till I pick them up.

But the last 2 times I got 10club seats at Great Woods/Tweeter center, I had section 2 row B in both 2000 and 2003.

I expect something in the first 2 rows based on previous experience.
They do it this way to try and cut down on scalper activity in the fan club. Also prioritize seating by seniorty to prevent a bunch of scalpers/brokers jumping into the fan club at the time of a tour announcement *coughU2.comcough*.
Works for me, I've kept my membership active for 12 years.

Hewson said:
I expect something in the first 2 rows based on previous experience.
They do it this way to try and cut down on scalper activity in the fan club. Also prioritize seating by seniorty to prevent a bunch of scalpers/brokers jumping into the fan club at the time of a tour announcement *coughU2.comcough*.
Works for me, I've kept my membership active for 12 years.

So you have been a member since 1994 eh? When did the "Ten Club" actually start? Was it in 1994 or even before that?

I wonder how many ten club tickets are sold in a place like Philadelphia before the general public gets a chance to buy tickets. I don't know anyone who was able to get anything other than General admission from the "public on sale" this past Saturday even if they were first in line at a ticketmaster station, on the phone or over the internet.

10 club actually started when the band did, they converted the MLB fan club list over.

here's an article from a fan site which has a decent history:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/articleread.do?id=12

As for # of tix sold, there's a lot of speculation (with no confirmation either way) that the 10club is being subjected (for the first time) to Ticketmaster/ClearChannel's 10% fan club allotment this tour. If so, then the 10 club is grabbing 2,000-2,500 seats for most of the shows currently up. The official word is the fan club tix are "limited"...some shows presales have disappeared fairly quickly with some members getting shut out.

But the available tix at the public onsale leads me to believe 10club got more than 10% at least in some venues.

In the past there was no such restriction, the 2003 MSG shows had at least 8,000 fan club members in attendance each night. I went to the Mansfield MA show in 2003, and from the seats that some members were getting, the 10club had almost the entire pavilion seating area.

Hewson said:

I went to the Mansfield MA show in 2003, and from the seats that some members were getting, the 10club had almost the entire pavilion seating area.

This sounds like what happened in Philadelphia. Also, the number of seats inside the pavilion showing up on scalper sites is very small. Imagine what seats a member of the ten club can get if they had been a member since the Spring of 1992. I bet they get front row to almost any show they desire to get tickets for.

I would say they would be guaranteed front row at any show. I have had 2nd row the last 3 times I got fanclub seats. They were in the "block" system then, now they are all to be predetermined so I anticipate anywhere from row 1 to 3 depending on how many long time members buy tix for Hartford and Boston. Without travellere I think I'd have front row, but somehow anticipate 2nd row again. Always a bridesmaid... :)

there are still tickets available at continental airlines...

i ended up not getting tickets as of yet... gonna wait. i'm deffinetly going to one of the shows, but the demand doesn't seem to be overly high right now.

gonna keep waiting on ticket drops, hoping to get a nice 100 level anywhere near the stage (i'm assuming floor was all ten club). also have a few friends that always end up with tickets...

gonna play the wait and see game for now. i'm not worried... i became sort of a last second ticket guru after the last u2 and stones tours.

I've played the last second ticket game well in the past also, but it does have risks, sometimes you might end up with a Yukon Cornelius.
But I think you'll do OK for PJ.

for any L.A. Area fans...

Pearl Jam
with special guest
Sonic Youth

Sunday, July 9
The Forum
Los Angeles, CA

Public on sale: April 1

And a London club gig in April at the Astoria, fan club contest today for 5o pairs of fan club tix.
If you're a UK 10clubber check your email.

Back
Top Bottom