New Pearl Jam in May?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

i'm guessing the artwork will be similar to the paintings featured on the webpage now... the forest, the waves, etc.

The artwork looks just like the Canadian tour style from last fall...lots of trees, mountains, etc.

I'm not completely sold on the new song yet. That probably means it's great...I'm a slow appreciator of greatness.

Okay, I've heard WWS about 3 or 4 times now and I like it only a little bit more than before. :slant: Hope the rest of the album is better! And I don't really understand the hate for Riot Act. Sure, it kinda drags on towards the end esp. with Arc.. but there are some solid songs on that album!

Can't Keep
Save You
Love Boat Captain
Cropduster
I Am Mine
You Are
Green Disease
Help Help
Bushleaguer
:up: :up:

typhoon said:
Their last two albums were awesome, fuck everybody.

Hells yeah.

I like World Wide Suicide. So far I feel that the verses are a little weak, but am really enjoying the chorus and the last minute of the song. But I have to admit I have enjoyed their other first singles more (Alive, Animal/Go, Spin the Black Circle/Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Given to Fly, Nothing as it Seems, I Am Mine).

Leg 1 dates from website:

TOUR DATESDisplay as list | Display details
All information subject to change

DATE CITY STATE/COUNTRY VENUE

9 May Toronto Ontario Air Canada Centre
10 May Toronto Ontario Air Canada Centre
12 May Albany New York Pepsi Arena
13 May Hartford Connecticut New England Dodge Music Arena
16 May Chicago Illinois United Center
19 May Grand Rapids Michigan Van Andel Arena
20 May Cleveland Ohio Quicken Loans Arena
22 May Detroit Michigan Palace of Auburn Hills
24 May Boston Massachusetts TD Banknorth Garden
27 May Philadelphia Pennsylvania Tweeter Waterfront
30 May Washington DC Verizon Center (formerly MCI Center)
1 Jun E. Rutherford New Jersey Continental Airlines Arena
3 Jun E. Rutherford New Jersey Continental Airlines Arena

Potentially a rollover on May 25 at this point. (I wish they'd just announce the 2 dates initially, rollovers aren't fan club shows so I hafta scramble for good tix, friggin Toronto got 2 dates)

Ah, they've implemented a little rollover clause, hopefully it works as described:

If additional shows are added to the tour after the official tour announcement, our solution will be to offer a ticket reservation for Ten Club tickets prior to the on-sale. Making a ticket reservation will authorize your credit card but not charge the card until the additional show is officially "rolled over". If you make a ticket reservation for an anticipated additional show and it does not happen, your credit card information will be removed from our system and you will not be charged

as a very late ten club person... i just never join fan clubs, i dunno why... my seats would be towards the rear... don't know if they'd be better than what i could potentialy get in a public sale, and then if i get better ones in the public sale, i can't sell the ten clubers 'cause i can't get 'em till the day of the show.

oh the dilemas

Headache in a Suitcase said:
as a very late ten club person... i just never join fan clubs, i dunno why... my seats would be towards the rear... don't know if they'd be better than what i could potentialy get in a public sale, and then if i get better ones in the public sale, i can't sell the ten clubers 'cause i can't get 'em till the day of the show.

oh the dilemas

Last show of theirs that I went to at MSG, Ed said that 8,000 fan clubbers were in the house, and I think last time members could only buy for one or two shows, I hear this time they can buy a pair for as many as they want, so this may be a very tough ticket for non-members like me! Always meant to join but never got around to it :der:

didn't see this posted yet (unless I missed it):
edit*-someone pointed out it was available at the official site, but now at least the direct link is on this thread.

here is the real deal version (from an official source)
free download @ http://bootlegs.pearljam.com/

WORLDWIDE SUICIDE
(lyrics: Vedder, music: Gossard)

I felt the earth on Monday. It moved beneath my feet.
In the form of a morning paper. Laid out for me to see.

Saw his face in a corner picture. I recognized the name.
Could not stop staring at the. Face I'd never see again.

It's a shame to awake in a world of pain
What does it mean when a war has taken over

It's the same everyday in a hell manmade
What can be saved, and who will be left to hold her?

The whole world...World over.
It's a worldwide suicide.

Medals on a wooden mantle. Next to a handsome face.
That the president took for granted.
Writing checks that others pay.

And in all the madness. Thought becomes numb and naive.
So much to talk about. Nothing for to say.

It's the same everyday and the wave won't break
Tell you to pray, while the devils on their shoulder

Laying claim to the take that our soldiers save
Does not equate, and the truth's already out there

The whole world,... World over.

Looking in the eyes of the fallen
You got to know there's another, another, another, another
Another way

It's a shame to awake in a world of pain
What does it mean when a war has taken over

It's the same everyday and the wave won't break
Tell you to pray, while the devils on their shoulder

Last edited:
Not to change the subject on the new stuff but... I just noticed that I forgot to mention Thumbing My Way while talking about Riot Act.

No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead... :heart:

Some may see it as an inferior version of Around The Bend I suppose but I still think it's beautiful with some of Vedder's best and most revealing lyrics!

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Not to change the subject on the new stuff but... I just noticed that I forgot to mention Thumbing My Way while talking about Riot Act.

No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time again... :heart:

Some may see it as an inferior version of Around The Bend I suppose but I still think it's beautiful with some of Vedder's best and most revealing lyrics!

:up: Quiet and brilliant...they did a great version of that in one of the concerts I saw here last fall in Newfoundland. Very fitting lyrics, given our climate, and the eteral hope that things will always be better around the corner.

Pop Artist said:

Last show of theirs that I went to at MSG, Ed said that 8,000 fan clubbers were in the house, and I think last time members could only buy for one or two shows, I hear this time they can buy a pair for as many as they want, so this may be a very tough ticket for non-members like me!
In 2003 (last MSG shows) members could buy for as many shows on the tour same as this year.
The difference this year may be restrictions on allotted fan club tickets from Clear Channel. They have instituted a restriction since 2003, and PJ may not be able to get 8,000 seats any more (rumor is 10% of capacity, though no concrete number is known), and yesterday the first fanclub presale started for 2 Toronto shows, open supposedly till March 18, but tix were out of stock by 10PM (from a 1PM start), which tells me these limits are definitely affecting the supply.

So in a nutshell Headache, buy 10club tix.(And do it right away around 1PM on March 13th) If they are only allowed 2,000 seats in NJ, even with a poor member number, your seats will be decent. Just my opinion.

i'm gonna use the jersey shows as an experiment... i'm gonna go with the public sale and see what i can get. if i can't get anything of value, i'll use the ten club to get tickets at MSG whenever the shows are added.

the new discriptions of the fan club policy sounded a weee bit too much like u2's policy... which has scared me off a bit.

If I were you, I'd reverse the experiment and use Jesrey to see what you get thru the fan club.
With the public sale, you can see what might pop up and compare to what you get fom 10 club.
But thats just the way I think.

Got my Hartford 10 club tix today. System had a few glitches (they put Hartford, Albany and Chicago all onsale at once so I think traffic was much heavier than yesterday for just Toronto), but got the tix and the confirmation email.

hewson, is the hartford dodge place the place that used to be the meadows music thing that sits on top of that landfill?

Thats the place. Everything need$ a Corporate $pon$or these days.
A bit surprising Pearl Jam is playing there as there were some issues last time (1998) they played there with security.

I've never actually seen a show there, only Hartford show I've seen have been in the Civic Center (including U2 twice on the UF tour and once on JT).

Back
Top Bottom