New Paul Simon...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2dork

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm probably one of only a handful of people on this board who are interested in this but...
http://www.paulsimon.com/player.php
has some of his new songs streaming.

I think it sounds really fresh. Brian Eno co-produced with Simon. I think it's :drool:-worthy. He's always been one of my favs.

I like Paul Simon but honestly when I saw him on that last tour he did w/ Garfunkel, the voice didn't sound all that good. I have nothing to compare it to other than recordings so that's probably not all that fair.

Maybe it was just the venue or he had an off night. They were staring daggers at each other too, when they even looked at each other which was about twice.

I am definitely interested to hear what he did w/ Brian Eno, I will listen

Here's some details about the upcoming summer tour.

From the Billboard website:

+++++++++

May 12, 2006, 11:00 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Paul Simon will hit the road this summer in support of his brand new Warner Bros. album, "Surprise," on which he collaborated with producer Brian Eno. The trek will begin July 1 at Milwaukee's Summerfest and run through July 29 in Paso Robles, Calif. At deadline, no date has been booked in Simon's New York hometown.

The itinerary is highlighted by a July 4 show at Doubleday Field in Cooperstown, N.Y., the site of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Simon will also appear tomorrow (May 13) on NBC's "Saturday Night Live," on which he has guested countless times since performing on its second-ever episode in October 1975.

The artist is expected to return to the road for more dates in the fall.

Here are Paul Simon's tour dates:

July 1: Milwaukee (Summerfest)
July 2: Toledo, Ohio (Zoo Amphitheatre)

July 4: Cooperstown, N.Y. (Doubleday Field)
July 5: Montreal (Place Des Arts Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier)
July 7: Essex Junction, Vt. (Champlain Valley Fairgrounds)
July 8: Manchester, Tenn. (Verizon Wireless Arena)
July 9: Uncasville, Conn. (Mohegan Sun)
July 12: Columbia, Md. (Merriweather Post Pavilion)
July 14-15: Atlantic City, N.J. (Borgata Events Center)
July 16: Holmdel, N.J. (PNC Bank Arts Center)
July 19: Atlanta (Chastain Park)
July 28: Costa Mesa, Calif. (Orange County Fair)
July 29: Paso Robles, Calif. (California Mid State Fair)

Hmm, I didn't realize he was coming to Cooperstown, which is right up the road from me. I think I'm saving up to go see Bob Dylan there in early September instead, though.

I confess I'm always a bit nervous about seeing a performer for the first time later in his or her career for the reasons Mrs. Springsteen mentioned above. I saw the Eagles a few years ago from $100 crap seats, and it was so obvious that Glen Frey and Don Henley hated one another. The old songs sounded lousy, and the new songs were lousy.

Graceland is one of my favorite albums, though, so I might still have to check this one out. He's a brilliant songwriter, that's for sure.

July 7: Essex Junction, Vt. (Champlain Valley Fairgrounds)

yeah baby:rockon:....I won't be there..but rock on vermont:drool:

Jerry Douglas, a brilliant folk guitarist, is one of his opening acts. If I didn't already have plans for the Fourth, I might cough up the $55 to see them. Why are concerts so expensive these days? :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom