New Order: Waiting For the Sirens' Call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazarus

Blue Crack Supplier
Anyone get this yet? I know it was released earlier in the UK & Europe but we just got it in the U.S. on Tuesday.

I love it. I wasn't one of the people who was disappointed with Get Ready, but I think this is a slight improvement. I was surprised how rocking it was, and there's some really catchy stuff on here. Plus guest vocals from Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters! What more can you ask for? Krafty is another in a line of great singles, and the title track is just phenomenal. While Bernard's lyrics still haven't graduated from grade school, the music more than makes up for it.

Amazed that these guys have been around for so long, and can still make an album this good. And including Joy Division, they have like 5 years on U2, right?

laz

Got it last week. I am a long time fan but i am not that impressed with this album, at least until now. It seems lost between the typical electronic sound from new order and the rock approach from get ready (that i love so much).
Nevertheless i will give it time, and maybe i'll change my mind after 23rd of may when i'll see them live in lisbon.

gah i still feel like punching myself for not going to see them when they came to oakland (ca) recently... i was thinking they'd be playing newer stuff which im not too fond of... but i just saw the setlist and they played n.o. classics along with jd classics... gah

posted setlist:
1 She's Lost Control
2 Love Vigilantes
3 Regret
4 Hey Now What You Doing
5 Krafty
6 Transmission :sad: (gahh!)
7 True Faith
8 Run Wild
9 Jetstream
10 Waiting For The Sirens' Call
11 Bizarre Love Triangle