New Order: new album and tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnFire

Acrobat
From Rolling Stone:

After a four-year hiatus, veteran British rockers New Order will release their eighth studio album, Waiting for the Sirens' Call, on April 26th.
"From the days of Joy Division to the Republic album, we'd just been touring, and we got burnt out, really," says guitarist/vocalist Bernard Sumner of the band's slow pace of the past decade. "We needed to get off the road and dry off for a bit."

Produced by Tore Johansson (Franz Ferdinand, the Cardigans), Waiting favors guitars over the synth pop that made New Order famous. "It's pretty rock-y," Sumner says. "Reason being, we don't really go out to clubs anymore. We don't own a club anymore. And in order to be a part of that kind of music, you have to be involved in it."

They've also added another guitarist: Phil Cunningham has joined Sumner, bassist Peter Hook and drummer Stephen Morris, who have not had a steady fourth member since longtime keyboardist (and Morris' wife) Gillian Gilbert left to focus on her children. "It's good to have someone else," says Sumner, "because I used to have to do all the guitar, and the vocals, and the keyboards."

New Order have signed on to play the Coachella Valley Music and Art Festival on May 1st, and they plan to tour the U.S. after the album's release.

I'm interested to hear how this sounds like

Will it be Get Ready II

or will there be a more pronounced progression?

I've heard from various people who've heard it leaked it's excellent but I haven't actually heard a single note from it.

I really enjoyed Get Ready, and if this is anywhere near the same thing I'll be pleased. I love Bernard's guitar work; he's one of the most underrated players as no one really rates him at all.

This report is kind of surprising because I read previously that it was going to be dancier than the last record.

It's also a very odd name for a New Order album, no? Rather literal.

laz

lazarus said:
I love Bernard's guitar work; he's one of the most underrated players as no one really rates him at all.

laz

agreed ... and, peter hook is also an awesome bassist (just listen to something like perfect kiss) and morris's work on both jdivision and new order is just amazing... theyre all underrated musicians =]

where have i been? i thought they were long broken up. i'll have to give it a listen.

Can't wait - was a fan of the early New Order/Joy Division years ago. Hoping it's more like the early stuff i.e. Ceremony, Procession etc.

Get Ready is a fantastic album. All 10 songs are great; Primitive Notion, Close Range and Crystal are AMAZING. I this one is half as good as Get Ready, I'll be very happy.

Harry Vest said:
Can't wait - was a fan of the early New Order/Joy Division years ago. Hoping it's more like the early stuff i.e. Ceremony, Procession etc.
same here. i'm not a huge fan of new order's later stuff. i heard a new song off the album and i can't remember its name. but anyway i thought it sounded very good. i hope they tour here :up:

The album has leaked, by the way. You can find it on soulseek

Back
Top Bottom