New Online Series "Sun Studio Sessions"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I went there a couple of years ago and I loved it

http://livefromsunstudio.blogspot.com/

By Linda Laban
Boston Globe Correspondent / April 15, 2008

In 1953, Memphis blues singer Junior Parker recorded "Mystery Train" at the fledgling Sun Studio. Two years later, Elvis Presley recorded the same song there. Last week, a new version of "Mystery Train" featuring Vermont roots-rocker Grace Potter with her band, the Nocturnals, performing live at Sun, surfaced on the Internet.

The performance launched "Sun Studio Sessions" (sunstudiosessions.com), a new online video series created by music blogger Jeff Davidson (earvolution.com).

"Grace and the guys were the first to come in. They have such a great connection with each other, I wanted to catch that," says Davidson. The series will also feature Adam Levy (guitarist for Norah Jones), Brooklyn-based singer and acoustic guitarist Amber Rubarth, Memphis blues-pop singer Amy LaVere, English troubadour David Ford, and Boston roots band Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles.

Though the series emphasizes upcoming artists, Davidson e-mailed an invite to U2's management (U2's "Angel of Harlem" was recorded at Sun Studio 20 years ago). So far, he hasn't gotten a reply.

Each session is edited into segments between four and seven minutes, with a new clip airing every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, all free to watch.

As a music fan, Davidson is thrilled to be a part of Sun Studio's considerable history and maybe even add to it. During the Nocturnals' session, Potter was inspired to write a new song, "Jesus Was a Runaway." It was recorded then and there, giving the series an exclusive, and Sun Studio once again produced a new song.

Thank you! I will check this tonight. Maybe they have some old Jerry Lee videos.

Back
Top Bottom