New Oasis single and album (CD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Down Under

Refugee
Just received an e-mail from their website

It's their PR talk and not mine.......

On May 16th 2005 Oasis return with a brand new single entitled 'Lyla'. The track is taken from the band's hugely anticipated new album entitled 'Don't Believe The Truth', which follows two weeks later on May 30th on Big Brother Recordings.

Noel Gallagher believes that 'Lyla' is a true Oasis classic. "It's The Who. 'Lyla' was specifically designed for pogoing. We wrote 66 tracks and 'Lyla' was one that we revisited late on and it's ended up on the album. I'm happy with every track on the album."

'Don't Believe The Truth' is the sixth Oasis studio album - their first since the number one multi-million selling 'Heathen Chemistry', released in 2002.

Crowning what will be an extraordinary 2005, Oasis will embark on an extensive world tour that includes nine huge shows in the UK - including seven stadium gigs. Tickets for these dates sold out in record time, even challenging the speed with which they sold out their legendary Knebworth shows of 1996. Oasis have just added shows in Newcastle and Ireland in the face of phenomenal demand. Further UK and European dates to be announced soon.

Furthermore, Oasis will return to North America for the first time since 2002, playing their biggest US shows to date. Their show at the legendary 14,000 capacity Madison Square Gardens in New York on 22nd June sold out in an hour.

Last edited:
WOO-HOO!

exciting times with the two biggest british bands releasing albums this year!

D'oh! said:
WOO-HOO!

exciting times with the two biggest british bands releasing albums this year!

Is Radiohead releasing a new album this year??

Ohhh, you mean Coldplay and Oasis...

:wink:

omfg!!!1 they want to sound like da beatles!!!111

j/k. i love oasis. god this year is great! new doves! new coldplay! new oasis!!!

oh yeah, and some other band is touring this year, i forgot who.......

TheBrazilianFly said:
That's good to know. I hope it's a good album but I don't like thet title and I hope that first single is a rocker.

i have to say i love the titles of the single and the album.
'Lyla' and 'Don't Belive the truth' are certainly better than , 'The Hindu Times' and 'Heathen Chemistry'

TheBrazilianFly said:
but I don't like thet title
It's no worse than Definitely Maybe.

Be Here Now was probably their best album title, although they stole it from the hippies. Standing On the Shoulders of Giants was good too, but they stole that from Isaac Newton.

typhoon said:

It's no worse than Definitely Maybe.

Be Here Now was probably their best album title, although they stole it from the hippies. Standing On the Shoulders of Giants was good too, but they stole that from Isaac Newton.

Remember, though, that it was changed to the singular form of shoulder, and therefore a drunken mistake :wink:

The songtitles are quite cool and different for this Oasis album:

"Stop The Clocks"
"The Importance Of Being Idle"
"Meaning Of Soul"
"Boy With The Blues
"Guess God Thinks I'm Able"
"Mucky Fingers"
"A Bell Will Ring"

So, just the titles alone suggest a less generic and more inspired set of Oasis songs. :)

Sleep Over Jack said:
"Stop The Clocks"
"The Importance Of Being Idle"
"Meaning Of Soul"
"Boy With The Blues
"Guess God Thinks I'm Able"
"Mucky Fingers"
"A Bell Will Ring"

So, just the titles alone suggest a less generic and more inspired set of Oasis songs. :)

Amen to that.......

D'oh! said:

i have to say i love the titles of the single and the album.
'Lyla' and 'Don't Belive the truth' are certainly better than , 'The Hindu Times' and 'Heathen Chemistry'

I don't agree. I think the new titles of Lyla and Don't Believe the Truth sound mediocre and compared to Heathen Chemistry and Hindu Times. But then its all about the music so I could give a fig about song titles generally. Standing on the Shoulder was horrid for its gramatical error. Defintely Maybe is a great title.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:
As long as the Gallagher brothers change a little bit of their attitude...

I hope not..I like their attitude, its unique in today's music climate..

Also, I hear the new Oasis single will get its first play on April 5th, and it is said to be "gritty"

Looking forward to this!:drool:

http://www.oasisinet.com/site.php?site=news&idx=544

DON’T BELIEVE THE TRUTH - THE TRACK LISTING REVEALED!
16 March 2005

Oasis have confirmed the track listing for their highly anticipated sixth studio album, ‘Don’t Believe The Truth’, released on May 30th 2005 on Big Brother Recordings. The first single from the album will be ‘Lyla’ released on May 16th. Noel Gallagher describes the track as “the Soundtrack of our Lives doing The Who on Skol in a psychedelic city in the sky (or something!)” He continues, “while ‘Part Of The Queue’ doesn’t sound remotely like anything we’ve ever done before. Legendary Cuban percussionist Lenny Castro shuffles up a storm. Amazing.” concluding “’The Meaning Of Soul’ is simply “Elvis on Red Bull”.

The track listing is;

Turn Up The Sun
Mucky Fingers
Lyla
Love Like A Bomb
The Importance Of Being Idle
The Meaning Of Soul
Guess God Thinks I’m Abel
Part Of The Queue
Keep The Dream Alive
A Bell Will Ring
Let There Be Love

Make sure you keep checking back to oasisinet over the next couple of weeks for more exciting announcements!!!!!

Finally! This is going to be Oasis's big comeback album:drool:

:drool: I was gonna make a thread on this but I see one's already made hehe. I'm so excited! I might even be able to see them live... depends on if my brother decides to take me or not... I hope he decides on a yes... but he doesn't like Oasis much... :madspit: Me? I'm obsessed :hyper: :D I can't wait till May 16th! That only 4 days before my birthday!!! I'm deffinitly gettin the album for my birthday... even though it'll be a late b-day present... it's worth waitin for I suppose!! YAY!!! OASIS!!!
:drool: :drool:
I blabber don't I? :|

A blurb from Radio 1's Colin Murray from the Sony website on the new album:

http://www.sonymusic.ca/artists/Oasis/index.cgi?nav=bio

oasis

By Colin Murray

When Noel scrawled tunes about nothing that meant the world and Liam buzzed off his head with a passion never rivalled by any rock 'n' roll singer in history.

Put simply, this is a glorious rebirth...

Noel is writing songs about queuing too long for a pint of milk and Liam is a whirlwind of inspiration and wondrous bullshit. Fans have been waiting for this moment for ten years...

Why? Because it's been ten years since Oasis made an album that truly changed the musical landscape. It's been ten years since they wrote an album of such spirit that you felt compelled to adopt a swagger as you walked through the streets of your council estate.

Don't Believe The Truth is that album. It's the Oasis that blew you away and an Oasis you've never met.

It's not about one particular song. It never has been. It's about an old attitude that somehow got lost amidst the tabloid hoo-ha and the mountains of cash, coupled with a complete reinvention of how and why Oasis exist.

For the first time in their history, they are functioning as a band. No longer does Noel feel the weight of the world on his shoulders, and Liam's writing tunes with the enthusiasm of a toddler who's just mastered walking. Gem is the rock on which the new Oasis is built while Andy Bell is an enigmatic influence, who makes Liam watch films starring David Essex. They call him Wing Commander Bell.

They are four individuals, who have pushed, pulled, laughed and fought inside the four walls of a studio, for what seemed like forever, to reach the light. And now they've arrived, it's positively blinding.

When they listen back to this record, a newborn confusion reigns. They're not sure who played what and when. All they know is that Zak Starkey played drums, although there is a rumour flying around concerning Liam, two spoons and a box of Cheerios.

Don't Believe The Truth runs to eleven tracks, and Noel has written five. That includes Let There Be Love; a defining moment in Oasis history. A song pulled back from over-production; one that sighs rather than shouts. 'Who kicked a hole in the sky so the heavens could cry over me?' It'll break your heart.

Mucky Fingers - which sounds like nothing Noel has ever written before - is his trip on the Velvet Underground, fuelled by Jack Daniels and an old, beat up organ bought on e-bay.

Then there's Lyla, who is apparently ''Sally's sister'', and The Importance Of Being Idle - a song so stark, so simple and so fundamentally Oasis, that it could have been a b-side in 1994. It's THAT good.

When you hear Part of the Queue, you realise that 'Noel Gallagher the songwriter' has regained some truth. He's once again tackling the little things, and leaving the meaning of life to somebody who has the time to work it out.

Three tunes are Liam's, although he claims to have written over a hundred.

What we do hear is the deafening ninety second Meaning of Soul which spits fifties rock 'n' roll blades at passers by, while Love Like A Bomb is a wistful daydream that he wrote with ''Julie fucking Christie'' in mind.

As for Guess God Thinks I'm Abel, Liam reckons he has a conversation with God one night in a boozer. God told him He was Abel. Simple as that.

Gem is his sounding board, who he drags into their studio at all hours to work on sparks of ideas that are currently flowing from him at a phenomenal rate. Andy describes Liam as ''...outrageously talented. He just invents chords. For every song on the album he probably has ten just as good''.

The opening track on Don't Believe The Truth is Andy Bell's Turn Up The Sun, with it's Midnight Cowboy intro that explodes into threatening, explosive rock 'n' roll. He also pops up with Keep the Dream Alive, a song inspired by a film called Stardust, starring David Essex. Noel won't watch it. The others won't shut up about it.

That leaves Gem's A Bell Will Ring and another layer on an album full of different sounds.

Noel sums up the all-new, harmonious Oasis...

''If somebody said to me, in twelve years you'll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don't like football I would have said fuck off, I'm not joining the Bee Gees.''

Don't Believe The Truth is truly the long awaited new album from Oasis, a band who now operate with the type of unity and passion usually reserved for the A-Team, on the trail of a group of Mexican cattle rustlers. Thankfully, though, some things will never change...

This could be great...:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :applaud:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom