new Nick Drake material...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
:hyper: from Filter:
On June 22, Universal/Island records will release a collection of rarities, remixes and unreleased material from late seminal English singer/songwriter, Nick Drake. The album, Made To Love Magic, will cover everything from Drake's early recordings with longtime friend Robert Kirby in 1968, to tracks cut in 1974 and remixed by engineer John Wood. The album's true rarity however is a song entitled "Tow the Line," a never-before-released track that was recorded in 1974, a few months before Drake died.

On May 22, BBC Radio 2 will broadcast Lost Boy--In Search of Nick Drake , a documentary on Drake's life, hosted by famed actor Brad Pitt. :eyebrow:

I just listened to that documentary this evening. I really enjoyed it, but I'm a huge fan of Nick Drake anyway so I suppose I couldn't help but enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to hearing that new album also. :)

I'm listening to it now online and it is really good. I'm a huge nick drake fan too, but I was a bit skeptical of brad pitt hosting - much better than i thought though.

I don't like or dislike him (although now I'm impressed by his musical taste - didn't they play 'tender' by blur at their wedding?). I just found it odd...I never equated him and nick drake in my mind anywhere.

On that BBC2 thing, they played a bit of 'tow the line' - can't wait to hear the full song!

Brad Pitt also appears in a great documentary called "Everybody here wants you" about Jeff Buckley also as a self-confessed Buckley fan. He has wonderful taste in music.

I missed the BBC2 Radio documentary but caught the BBC4 television documentary called "Nick Drake-a skin too few" which I've seen before in parts..highly recommend if you can catch it.

Do you know if there are any mp3/ram files floating around of the BBC2 Radio broadcast aside from the streaming options?

:wave: haven't seen you around here in ages!
I think I saw the 'a skin too few' one on tv last year in England...very good.
I'm not sure if there are mp3s from the bbc2 broadcast...i'll have to look around a bit.

thank you very much Yertle :)

wave1.gif
jkayet

Back
Top Bottom