New Mute Math DVD = Awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
The main show is from a show in Hollywood, and the DVD, titled "Flesh and Bones Electric Fun," includes Collapse
Typical
Chaos
Plan B (In all its glory)
Stare at the Sun
Obsolete (Greg beats his guitar with a mallet, the rest of them play drums ((keep beat on a chair)) ) Very jazzy.
Control (Very moving - even more so than the album version)
Stall Out
Noticed (What a single)
Break the Same (includes the spacey tribal drum orgy breakdown at the end)
Reset (incredible version of one of the best instrumentals ever, and, like always, Paul brings out the Atari)

Then it has really cool extras, too.
1. Behind the scene footage of the tour, which is funny and inspiring. It ends with a VERY U2-ish anthem with the chorus "Just See Me Through Tonight." I get goosebumps. Paul does a chanting in it like Bono does on the version of "Mothers of the Disappeard" that they did in Chile during Pop Mart.

2. Animals, Noises and Scenes from Darren's little digital camera. This one's cool. It has footage of them recording the album, touring the devastation of Katrina (they live in N.O.) and other coool footage. Very Radiohead-ish clips of randomness, but you have to keep watching. Radiohead-ish music of there's playing in the background. It's a beautiful extra.

3. A live acoustic version of "Reset" at Fingerprints Records. Yes, I just said "acoustic" and "Reset" in the same sentance. (Actually, it's "stripped down," but you get the picture.) Darren is like Animal from the Muppets on Speed and Red Bull.
It's :ohmy: :drool:

$16 @ Best Buy.

Yeah, the Typical video is incredible. That technique has been done before, but this one is in one take. It's insane. It's already had more than 333,000 views in just over two weeks on YouTube. Not bad for the band's first official music video.

I just saw them a few weeks ago in a very small club and they were great - so much energy. I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would :up:

Sweet. I'm seeing them for the fourth time April 12.

I'm pretty excited. I feel like I'm a Dave Matthews fan or something. I see these guys every time they come through.

So I saw them last night.

They continue to amaze. :drool: :bow:

They switched up the set a lot, and played the new song "Voice in the Silence." It was incredible. They played "Peculiar People," too, which was nice. They also changed up songs quite a bit. "Plan B" had kind of a hip-hop groove during the verse. It was well done.

Darren was even more of a beast than ever. He was breaking sticks left and right so toward the end of the show he just decided to use four sticks in each hand. He seriously put more into than I've seen in the three previous shows. He must've had like 20 Red Bulls before the show.

I'm definitley seeing these guys everytime they come through.

Yeah, I thought they did very well. Greg Hill really tore it up with the guitar and Darren, well . . . he's the most exciting drummer out there now. Just ask Letterman! (That was cool.)

The energy around this band is something special right now.

phanan said:
Their self-titled debut album is the only one they have right now, although they released an EP a couple of years before that.

Start with the album.

:up:

You won't be disappointed. I cannot wait until their next release.

LemonMacPhisto said:

:up:

You won't be disappointed. I cannot wait until their next release.

Me neither. I read somewhere that a reworked version of "Without It" from their Teleprompt only release of the album will be on the next album, as will the song "Voice," which they've been playing live. It's amazing and footage of it is out there to check out. Their second album should be out early next year.

coemgen said:
They played "Typical," which is their current single. It's jumping up the charts . . .

Current single? Really? I thought the album came out in 2006 ... Chris Sligh sang it on American Idol and I was intrigued enough to track down a copy of the album. It's pretty good!

Anyway, I'm just surprised it's a current single now - even though I hadn't heard the song when I heard it on AI, I was under the impression it had been around a while already.

That song "Hey There Delilah" was from an album released in late '05 and is now a single, I'm hoping Mute Math can do the same.

Mainly because that song blows. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom