New Music Discoveries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
The first time I purchased a U2 CD, it was the beginning of something new for me. That was back in 98! I have been a die-hard fan like most of you since.

I have since discovered other music that I love (nowhere near to U2). STing, Coldplay, and the Beatles to name a few.

What new music have you recently "personally" discovered?

this year: broken social scene (end of 2003 more like it), arcade fire, walkmen, duo 505, loscil, interpol, four tet, franz ferdinand, explosions in the sky

Bands that have recently weaseled into my top 50:

Within the season sort of... The Wrens, the Arcade Fire, Talk Talk, Ted Leo/Pharmacists, Primal Scream

Within 12 Months... Nick Cave, Moloko, The Decemberists,

In the past year or so I've found Art of Fighting, Gersey, Sleepwell. A few others.

this year:
Modest Mouse, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Explosions In The Sky, Arcade Fire, Postal Service, Dntel, Ratatat, La Habitacion Roja, Don Caballero, Deerhoof, Camera Obscura... and many more

today:
Aloha

Jack In The Box said:
this year:
Modest Mouse, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Explosions In The Sky, Arcade Fire, Postal Service, Dntel, Ratatat, La Habitacion Roja, Don Caballero, Deerhoof, Camera Obscura... and many more

today:
Aloha

with the exception of muse :)sexywink:) that's one mighty fine list! :sexywinkagain:

Stuff I've found in the last year which really floats my boat:

Pinback
The Wrens
Atom and His Package
Boards of Canada
Hope of the States
My Bloody Valentine
Deftones
Son of Sam
Franz Ferdinand
The Killers
The Music
Nightwish
Cursive
Cooper Temple Clause
Deathcab for Cutie
The Fiery Furnaces
Placebo
The Arcade Fire
Portishead
Bubba Sparxxx
DJ Tiesto
Armin van Buuren
BT

Last edited:
Well, I really liked the Killers until I saw them live today. What a dissapointment!

Rest of it: Franz Ferdinand, Keane, Joss Stone. That's about it. Not a very exciting year so far...

New bands I discovered this year.....

Jolie Holland
Arcade Fire
Now its Overhead
The Album Leaf
The Features
Sufjan Stevens
Controller, Controller
Jens Lekman

Jen Foster, "Everybody's Girl". She's described as "Train meets Alanis at a sleepover with U2's Bono"! Go to Amazon (.com) and type in her name. Click on E. Girl, you can listen to song samples there!

INTERPOL!!! Antics has to be one of the best albums of 2004. Along with REM's Around the Sun, The Walkmen's Bows and Arrows, and of couse HTDAAB.

BorderGirl said:
Jen Foster, "Everybody's Girl". She's described as "Train meets Alanis at a sleepover with U2's Bono"! Go to Amazon (.com) and type in her name. Click on E. Girl, you can listen to song samples there!

can't go wrong with train and alanis. :up:

Back
Top Bottom