New MTV Show Rock The Cradle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
It premiered last week, I caught the rerun last night when I was channel surfing. It has sons and daughters of musicians competing for a record deal.

Olivia Newton-John's daughter Chloe Rose Lattanzi; Kenny Loggins' son Crosby Loggins; Eddie Money's daughter Jesse Money; Joe Walsh's daughter Lucy Walsh; Al B. Sure's son Lil Al B Sure; Dee Snider's son Jesse Blaze Snider; Tom Johnston's (he's from The Doobie Brothers) daughter Lara Johnston; MC Hammer's son Akeiba Burrell Hammer; and Bobby Brown's son Landon Brown

The judges are Larry Rudolph (Britney's former manager) and Belinda Carlisle and two other people I have never heard of.

Chloe Lattanzi did Never Tear Us Apart by INXS, it was one of the strangest singing performances I have ever seen. Lucy Walsh got the highest scores from the judges, she did Heart Of The Matter. She's very pretty as well. I missed Bobby Brown's son. Kenny Loggins' son looks just like him and performs like him as well. Dee Snider's son did Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin, complete with completely open shirt and tanned abs. He scared me:wink:

The show is lame but it has always interested me to see how much musical talent is inherited.

video of Chloe

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yx9z_chloe-lattanzi-rock-the-cradle_shortfilms

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
I think it's a really interesting concept...but you're right the show itself is kind of lame :huh:

Yeah, I was disappointed.

Olivia Newton-John's daughter Chloe was really awful.

I think the judges are horrendous.. I mean really, Brittney Spear's former manager? I didn't think Olivia Newton John's daughter was that terrible then again I watched it at 1am and was half asleep.. Crosby Loggins was okay too. Other than Belinda Carlisle, the other 3 judges seemd all image based, so if you don't fit their mold good luck.

I won't watch the show, but the name Lil' Al B. Sure makes me laugh.

I thought Crosby Loggins was the best by far, his voice reminds me a bit of the singer from the Smithereens crossed with Joey Ramone.

It is an interesting concept and a good thing (well maybe not so good for some) is that MTV re-plays the shows so if you miss an episode or want to see something again, rest assured it'll be re-played.

Seriously--the judging is horrible. At least Belinda Carlisle is (or was) a music and recording artist and should know the business and what it takes to be a star. The others---give me a break, what are their credentials? And the scoring is all over the place.

I've caught bits and pieces of the first show and I like the footage of the artists interacting with their parents...to see which kids belong to which stars, and to see those parents that are there in the audience watching their offspring compete and perform.

Chloe though, :no: not so good. I believe her father was an actor? Perhaps she should pursue acting and not singing.

Crosby Loggins...I felt he was the best, most talented and he seems to have the whole package to make it in the industry. I enjoyed watching him.

I didn't realize the show was going to be this American Idol type format. The previews made it so vague, I assumed it was going to be something else. I'm not exactly sure what, but not this.

I don't think I'll keep watching regularly.

I think what hurts it re: American Idol comparisons is that none of them with the exception of Loggins would even make it through to Hollywood on AI.

Crosby Loggins is cool. He's very well spoken and the cd he has out now is very nice and mellow. At times his voice reminds me of a combination of James Taylor and Phil Collins. I reckon he'll do well no matter the outcome of this show. :up:

^That's good to know, I will have to look for the cd. And if he's already got a cd out then I'd say he'll be alright no matter what happens with the show.

Didn't know he had a CD already, might check it out actually.

They either have better things to do than be on this American Idol-type show, or don't want to be professional musicians.

Back
Top Bottom