New Model Army...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've been thinking about getting an album by this band... I heard they're a pretty good punk/postpunk band with great melodies... also very political.

Anyone know anything about them?

I'd like to know what kind of political beliefs they hold... and why are they as controversial in the media...

Please, enlighten me....

Are you in the states ?
Maybe you should start with this one,...

US%20Album%20Cover.jpg

Great Expectations - track listing

Great Expectations
The Price
No Rest
Better Than Them
Brave New World
51st State
Poison Street (extended mix)
White Coats
Stupid Questions
Vagabonds
Green & Grey
Get Me Out
Purity (single edit)
Here Comes The War
Living In The Rose
Wonderful Way To Go (single version)
You Weren't There
Orange Tree Roads

I think it is a great list of songs to start with,...

Yeah,... I was thinking about Vengeance: The Independent Story or History: The Singles...

I wasn't sure about great expectations, because I couldn't find any reviews on it.

theSoulfulMofo said:
Yeah,... I was thinking about Vengeance: The Independent Story or History: The Singles...

I wasn't sure about great expectations, because I couldn't find any reviews on it.
If you buy that one you will miss out on the tracks after 1986 or so.. especialy the songs White coats ( about smart people playing god ), Stupid questions ( about the future ) and You weren`t there ( about livingroom activism )
I think that are the songs what New Model Army is about,....
I would go for great expectations.

My favorite ( normal ) albums :

Thunder and constalation
Eight
No rest for the wicked

If you see the double live album ...,& nobody else. Listen to it ( it is one off the best recorded live albums )

If you still want to buy the independed story, there is a beter alternative. It is the cd small town England ( the same tracklist but with a extra radio sesions cd )

Back
Top Bottom