New Madonna song for Live Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
I'm loving it. I never thought I would like anything Pharrell Williams produced. That goes to show Madonna can even make a shite producer have some credibiity. She's back on form with stripped down vocals and music. I wonder who/if she co-wrote this with.

If any of my Maddy fans are interested...

http://www.maddyinwonderland.com/

:hmm:

It's not bad. The lyrics in the first verse made me roll my eyes a bit. Ernest Madonna has never been my favorite Madonna.

Oh my. That song I think contains every cliche'd "keep your chin up" lyric you could ever hope for. Although she forgot "hey you, keep your chin up..." :wink:

And people complain about Bono's lyrics of late...

alanah said:
Thanks for the link. I like it. :)

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!:hug:

I wonder if she'll sing this at Live Earth or if she'll pull a Live 8 and stick with her established hits like most artists do. Then again, she didn't record a special song for Live 8...:hmm:

U2isthebest said:

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!:hug:

I wonder if she'll sing this at Live Earth or if she'll pull a Live 8 and stick with her established hits like most artists do. Then again, she didn't record a special song for Live 8...:hmm:

From Madonna.com:

Madonna & Live Earth - Official Press Release Madonna & Live Earth - Official Press Release Madonna & Live Earth - Official Press Release Madonna & Live Earth - Official Press Release Madonna & Live Earth - Official Press Release Madonna & Live Earth - Official Press Release
Posted: 16 May 2007

MADONNA WRITES NEW SONG "HEY YOU" FOR UPCOMING LIVE EARTH CONCERT SERIES ON JULY 7TH
Song To Release at MSN May 16 in Downloadable MP3 Format
Click Here To Download
Microsoft Pledges Donation Making First Million Downloads Free to the Public
Warner Bros. Records to Release LIVE EARTH CD/DVD of Worldwide Shows

Inspired by the upcoming July 7th Live Earth series of concerts, Madonna has written a new song, "Hey You," which will be available to be downloaded in the MP3 format on Microsoft's home page, http://liveearth.msn.com, on May 16. The first million downloads of "Hey You" will be free as Microsoft has pledged to donate $0.25 per download to the Alliance for Climate Protection for the first million downloads.

Madonna is scheduled to perform "Hey You" live at the Wembley Stadium Live Earth concert in London, it was confirmed by her record label, Warner Bros. Records, who have also announced that they will be releasing a live CD/DVD of the Live Earth Concert Series.

Madonna's new song, "Hey You," recorded in London, was produced by Pharrell Williams and Madonna. She is one of seventeen headliners that have been announced including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Genesis, Beastie Boys and others who will perform at Wembley as part of the 24-hour, 7-continent Live Earth Concert Series.

"On 7/7/07, Live Earth will inspire people from around the world to combat global warming with live performances from superstar artists like Madonna," Live Earth Founder Kevin Wall said. "The early release of "Hey You" is an incredible boost to our efforts to get people engaged in the environmental cause. We are thrilled that Madonna donated her art to Live Earth and is a part of this movement for us."

Live Earth is a monumental music event on 7/7/07 that will bring together more than 100 headlining music artists and 2 billion people to launch an ongoing, mass movement to combat the climate crisis. Concerts will take place in New York; London; Sydney; Tokyo; Shanghai; Johannesburg; Rio de Janeiro; and Hamburg. Live Earth's 24 hours of music across 7 continents will deliver a call to action and the solutions needed to answer the call. Live Earth marks the beginning of a multi-year campaign led by The Alliance for Climate Protection to move individuals, corporations and governments to take action.

The concerts will be streamed live at LiveEarth.MSN.com and available on CD/DVD.

alanah said:
Okay, the song will be available on CD/DVD soon, then probably will have a live version as well. Thanks for providing us with this information. :)

You're very welcome!

And for any Madonna fans who aren't members of Icon, join! It costs $39 but they've put together this amazing member package with an exclusive T-shirt, numbered lithograph and membership card. Plus the member site always has contests and cool exclusives, definitely worth the yearly fee (moreso than I can say for the "fan club" of a certain other band that shall remain nameless). Anyway, Madonna.com has the info if you're interested and vouchers for trial memberships are inside her latest CDs and DVDs.

Back
Top Bottom