new macca album: memory almost full.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just love this new album/CD

Good news about sales too

From http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2007/06/14/macca-brewing-us-hit-89520-19293651/

MACCA BREWING US HIT

By Ryan Parry 14/06/2007

SIR Paul McCartney's new album has shot to No3 in the US - his highest chart spot in a decade.

Memory Almost Full, his 21st solo album, sold 160,541 copies in the first week of its release.

It is the first release on the new label Hear Music, which is part-owned by global coffee chain Starbucks.

McCartney's previous highest spot in the US was Flaming Pie in 1997, which sold 121,000 copies in a week and got to No 2.

Starbucks signed Macca, who turns 65 next Monday, three months ago after learning that his contract with EMI had lapsed.

Last Monday, the day of its international release, Starbucks played the album all day in its 10,000-plus stores.

Starbucks, which now sells CDs alongside cappuccinos and lattes, says it wants to become a "leisure destination".

In Britain, the album went straight in at No5 - Macca's best chart debut since his Chaos and Creation at No10.

I like how they list is as his best debut in the UK since Chaos and Creation...um that was his last album :lol: .

Also, there's no doubt his album would have debuted higher in the UK were it not for Starbucks, the copies sold there weren't counted into the charts because they're not an official music outlet for the charts.

As for the US, nice sales, but I'm a bit disappointed since it was rumored he'd be #1 with 180,000.

How said is it when another flavor of the week Hip/Hop artist tops the biggest living legend in the music business? And don't even get me started on this Rihanna crap, I heard that "Umbrella" song once and almost puked.

powerhour24 said:
And don't even get me started on this Rihanna crap, I heard that "Umbrella" song once and almost puked.

As I said on my Facebook. "It would be sweet if you didn't sound like a dying goat when you sing Rihanna. Kthxbye."

That song makes me want to shoot a puppy. Sorry.:(

:lol: I never would have heard it since I've missed out on all the pop crap from the past two years by avoiding the radio for the most part, but I tuned in to the MTV movie awards because I love Sarah Silverman and she "performed" that crap. Not to mention every song that "artist" (man it's said the turn the use of that word has taken) has had sounds exactly the same, oh and she's not attractive, so she's got nothing going for her yet she's this big success. That's ok, like all good little pop stars she'll disappear from the face of the earth in a few years.

I've heard some of this - good for him for making records and if people want to buy them, so be it.

WOuld much rather hear a new Lennon record though: MAcca just doesnt have the edge, and the music now is just a bit... boring. ITs not dire - I think you have to be over a certain age to really get into the groove of this.

Had Lennon lived, I bet he'd have become a little more middle-of-the-road as well. It's not like "Double Fantasy" was edgy stuff.

I'm 18 and I love it, not really a matter of age. His last album (which was actually recorded after most of this) was a lot more introspective, something you don't normally see form him which was ocol, but this album is just a great sound and a lot of fun.

given the fact that i hated driving rain and chaos, i really didn't even want to know about this album. and apparently that's what it would take for me not not buy a new mccartney album--not knowing about it. i'm not even too impressed with "dance tonight," (like i was with the lead single off chaos and creation, which led me to buy the album and discover it was the only track on it that i liked) but i feel compelled to pick up the cd.

Back
Top Bottom