new LiVE album - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2003, 10:10 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:42 PM
I got the album Saturday. It's OK, not quite up there with their best, but miles beyond V. The music falls somewhere in between Throwing Copper and the non-eastern stuff on TDTH, and the lyrics are exactly what you'd expect had V never been written. Sadly, this makes it a very complacent record, and a little boring. It's like comfort food. It's not really all that bad, and you won't be upset if you like Live, but it's not for everyone, even though it sounds like that was what they were going for. 3 stars.

Old 05-19-2003, 10:40 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:42 PM
LiVE fan here! I think I'm one of the few people who owned Mental Jewelry before Throwing Copper, both of which I loved. My husband had Secret Samadhi, which I never got into. I've been wanting to give it another listen lately, but we seem to have lost the CD... I doubt I'll buy this new one, unless you all say it's wonderful and I shouldn't live without it, etc.

Favorite LiVE songs:
Pain Lies on the Riverside
White, Discussion
Lakini's Juice
t.b.d.
Water Boy
Operation Spirit
cover of Supernatural

(I much prefer LiVe when they're really rockin.)

Favorite LiVE moment:
Watching their Unplugged show, which I have on tape. My dad said, "These guys are pretty good." Major compliment coming from him!

Old 05-20-2003, 03:41 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Hello,

At this moment Live is playing on the radio. The station here is premiering their new album this week, so a couple of times a day they play a track from the new album. Judging from the tracklist they're now playing Bring The People Together.
I'm also going to see them live on 1 July (although I'm more interested in the other big act playing that day: Coldplay). Still, I like a couple of their songs (mainly the singles), but there are other tracks that don't do that much to me.

C ya!

Marty (living in a country where Live is big)
Old 05-20-2003, 02:28 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:42 PM
live is playing in my cd player now

not such a big fan of "she"...love "the sanctity of dreams"! still haven't heard the whole album ("heaven", "what are we fighting for", "she", and about half of "the sanctity of dreams")

i watched the 4 song dvd that came with the cd
Old 05-22-2003, 07:53 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Gave it a first listen last night and I like it. Significant improvement over V as a whole.
Standouts thus far are: Like I Do, Lighthouse, Bring The People Together, The Sanctity of Dreams.

The DVD is a nice little bonus as well.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:56 AM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 04:42 PM
LiVE is Pennsylvania's version of U2.I own Throwing Copper,Secret Samadhi,The Distance To Here,and V.Each album has at least 4-5 songs that kick butt.

MY LIST:

I ALONE
SELLING THE DRAMA
LIGHTNING CRASHES
WHITE DISCUSSION

LAKINI'S JUICE
GRAZE
GHOST
TURN MY HEAD

DOLPHINS CRY
RUN TO THE WATER
FACE AND THE GHOST(THE CHILDERN'S SONG)
DANCE WITH YOU

SIMPLE *****
DEEP ENOUGH
TRANSMIT YOUR LOVE

Tese songs rock for not being U2.They need more videos for their songs.I'm sure people who like them will watch them like me. ::smiles::

Life is like a shooting star
It don't matter who you areIf you only run for cover,it's just a watse of time
We are lost "til we are found
The pheonix rises up from the ground
And all these wars are over

Dolphin's Cry -LiVE
Old 05-26-2003, 07:51 AM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
The DVD is a nice little bonus as well.
Is this also the DVD with 3 or 4 songs from the Pinkpop festival (from 2001)? At least, that's the DVD that comes with the Dutch edition of this album.

C ya!

Marty
Old 05-26-2003, 08:09 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Yes Marty, same DVD in U.S. 4 songs from 2002 Pinkpop:
Selling The Drama
Voodoo Lady
Nobody Knows
White, Discussion
Old 05-28-2003, 11:50 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:42 AM
I'm a Live fan as well. I think I lost interest when they veared toward the Eastern mysticism stuff, but Mental Jewelry was my first Live album and still my favorite. Pain, Operation Spirit, Beauty of Grey, etc.. just awesome. Another thing that plagues the band in my opinion is that they almost always stick to the same song structure. Starting out slowly and building and kicking in about midway, blah, blah, blah... My friends and I used to joke about that all the time.

I will check out the new one.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:43 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:42 PM
I haven't heard a lot from Live. I do like "Lightning Crashes", but I also remember hearing "The Dolphin's Cry"-I really like that song.

It's interesting you guys mention U2 in this whole thing, 'cause I just read a review of Live's new album in a recent issue of People, and the reviewer didn't give it that great a review-they referred to Live as a "poor man's U2".

I thought that was kinda interesting...I'd never really put Live and U2 in the same kind of field like that, but....

Angela
Old 05-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #26
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

I loved that song "Run to the Water" from The Distance to Here...I think U2 should consider covering it.

I always liked Live, but haven't been as interested in them as I used to be since maybe 1999 or so. But I did like Secret Samadhi. Live has done some wonderfully creepy songs, too--"The Dam at Otter Creek" always freaks me out.

Join Amnesty.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:38 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish
I'm a Live fan as well. I think I lost interest when they veared toward the Eastern mysticism stuff, but Mental Jewelry was my first Live album and still my favorite. Pain, Operation Spirit, Beauty of Grey, etc.. just awesome. Another thing that plagues the band in my opinion is that they almost always stick to the same song structure. Starting out slowly and building and kicking in about midway, blah, blah, blah... My friends and I used to joke about that all the time.

I will check out the new one.

if you look at mental jewelry and read j. krishnamurti's you are the world , the eastern philisophical stuff was there from the beginning. nearly every song on that album is really obviously inspired by something in that book...it's really itneresting to look at it from that perspective