New Limp Bizkit?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
I dunno if this is part of the new release that they are planning but I like what I hear. I guess they're trying to make a big deal about Wes Borland being back. It certainly rocks and I like the guitar stuff. No offense to Fred, but the lyrics and the rapping were just mediocre to me... not up there with the catchiness of Nookie or Rollin'.

A link to the new Limp Bizkit...

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/gef...onabletruth_partone/thetruth/300_thetruth.asx

:hyper:

Last edited:
No offense to Fred, but the lyrics and the rapping were just mediocre to me... not up there with the catchiness of Nookie or Rollin'.
[/B]

The lyrics were really special on those songs though, I'm sure.

Flying FuManchu said:

Why wouldn't anyone want to hear what the new Limp Bizkit sounds like. If it sucks, then people have material for which to bash a band they hate. If it's good, then they get a chance to listen to a good song. Who would want to ignore a song that potentially might be good?

If you're saying it's not as good as Rollin, well, I can't imagine how bad it would be. I really don't like the band but each to their own.

limp bizkit would have to put out something drastically different from anything they released in the past in order for it to be good, in my opinion. since i highly doubt they could do that while keeping fred durst in the band, i don't want to hear it. and i have a feeling that's how a lot of other people around here feel.

IWasBored said:
limp bizkit would have to put out something drastically different from anything they released in the past in order for it to be good, in my opinion. since i highly doubt they could do that while keeping fred durst in the band, i don't want to hear it. and i have a feeling that's how a lot of other people around here feel.

I have a hard time convincing people about how to accept Bono in the same way. Sometimes people have to go beyond their instinctual hate for everything Durst. Try new things, y'know open your mind and junk.

Flying FuManchu said:

I have a hard time convincing people about how to accept Bono in the same way. Sometimes people have to go beyond their instinctual hate for everything Durst. Try new things, y'know open your mind and junk.

I don't convince people to like Bono or U2 - that's because I don't give rats ass about U2 these days but I'd never do it even if I loved the band. IWB has one of the most diverse music tastes I know of the folk around here. Why convince her, or anyone, to try to like Limp Bizkit? You like them. Some people don't. Why's it such a big deal if someone doesn't like a certain band that you do? If I was to try and force my friends to like the bands I liked and vice versa we'd be at each others throats all the time. They pretty much hate the music I like. Big deal, doesn't bother me. I'm sure Fred isn't too worried that some people don't like him or his music either.

Lara Mullen said:

I don't convince people to like Bono or U2 - that's because I don't give rats ass about U2 these days but I'd never do it even if I loved the band. IWB has one of the most diverse music tastes I know of the folk around here. Why convince her, or anyone, to try to like Limp Bizkit? You like them. Some people don't. Why's it such a big deal if someone doesn't like a certain band that you do? If I was to try and force my friends to like the bands I liked and vice versa we'd be at each others throats all the time. They pretty much hate the music I like. Big deal, doesn't bother me. I'm sure Fred isn't too worried that some people don't like him or his music either.

Why convince people to like the band that I do?

I dunno. If you appreciate something why not try help someone experience what you're experiencing. However.... I don't FORCE which is what you seem to be insinuating.

I don't TRY to force people to like a band that I do but it would be nice for them to appreciate them if for instance I'm driving a car and taking a person who doesn't like for U2 somewhere. I don't like having to change the channel or listen to person's complaints about U2. Why not try to turn them on to something you believe to be good anyways. Of course it doesn' t bother me. People on this board hate a lot of bands I like on this board. As fake Edge would say, I don't "give a fig" and still post and surf on this forum. My Bono example was just an example. I'm sure there were people who became U2 fans in spite of Bono (b/c to some people Bono can annoy thorugh actions or his singing). Yet somehow they had a change in mind/ perspective. If it can happen with U2 then it can happen for any badn IMO.

Come now, let's not be so condescending and sarcastic with one another. :| I don't care for Limp Bizkit myself, but I'd never go into a pro-Limp Bizkit thread and leave snide little comments about the band just because I don't like them. It seems a bit inappropriate to me.

GibsonGirl said:
Come now, let's not be so condescending and sarcastic with one another. :| I don't care for Limp Bizkit myself, but I'd never go into a pro-Limp Bizkit thread and leave snide little comments about the band just because I don't like them. It seems a bit inappropriate to me.

:up:. Maybe some of you don't care about new Limp Bizkit-that's totally fine. I'm the same way-there's a few of their songs that are okay, but overall, I'm not that into them, personally. But someone else here might be interested in this news.

Angela

GibsonGirl said:
Come now, let's not be so condescending and sarcastic with one another. :| I don't care for Limp Bizkit myself, but I'd never go into a pro-Limp Bizkit thread and leave snide little comments about the band just because I don't like them. It seems a bit inappropriate to me. [/QUOTE

well aren't you special.

i've got news for you. not all of us pussytoe around everything. a spade is a spade, and i call it as i see.

and the way i see it, anyone who gives limp bizkit an ounce of respect is not worthy of my time. not only that, but they shouldn't post here - or anywhere for that matter.

the world has too much shit in it as it is, wars, disease, the canadian conservative party, etc., we don't need threads like this to make things even worse.

flying fumanchu probably has the worst taste in music i've seen of anyone here. and that says an awful lot.

honestly, is this thread a joke?

Zoomerang96 said:

honestly, is this thread a joke?

I thought it was a joke.

This forum isn't about u2 and there are a lot of threads about really great bands. there's also a band index where you can check out a band you like, although there seem to be a lot of people who haven't seen it yet or don't bother to take the time to click on the link (inconveniently at the top of the page) and look through it.

Flying FuManchu, I didn't say - or insinuate - that you were forcing people to like the song. Convince, maybe. Forcing, no. You have every right to post and comment on the bands you like on this board and "not give a fig", the same way folk have every right to post and comment if they don't like the band. Everyone's going to have an opinion. If I posted a Britney Spears thread here now I would post it in the full knowledge that people would think I am taking the piss and have a go at her. There are just some bands you talk about here that will get that sort of reaction.

I could care less about comments about my musical tastes or if people think that Limp Bizkit sucks. I've grown out of my high school/ college stage mentality of music where something sucks just b/c of the name behind it. I'm not a fan per se of Limp Bizkit but I liked a song or two and thought these guys were funny in an unintentional way.

I think Wes Borland's a pretty interesting guitarist. I liked the bass player (from what I've heard) on Limp too. Even Fred has said a nifty thing or two in his rhymes that I appreciate. I made a link for people to listen to new Limp Bizkit b/c if you think about it, they are on survival mode and it's interesting to see what they have planned for the public musically in response to the negativity and and rep they've built.

Here is another Limp Bizkit related link that I KNOW people will appreciate. Even the haters.

http://s40.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ICC9UXM9OWND0EEG64VBJH69L

So what do people think of the first link and the new song. I love the riff to be honest.

Last edited:
My philosophy on music is this... I have no problems with most bands. I try to have an open mind about even the "crappiest" stuff b/c they can be redeemed as Fat Boy Slim as shown as well as U2. If I was to just listen to October (an album I could care less for) at the time of release and judged U2 from there on out, I believe I would have been missing out. Besides even if Limp Bizkit's music has redeeming qualities IMO.

For instance its a great soundtrack for this video...

http://www.kontrabandcontent.co.uk/1/graphics/movies/ultimate_ownage_video.wmv

Yeah they sacked the replacement guitarist and got Borland back. Like I said, I'm interested, albeit only a little bit, in what they will do to get back on top, so to speak. Before Nookie, Limp Bizkit a had slight degree of respectabilty and pissed it all away.

Last edited:
why on earth would you waste your time listening to this when there are hundreds - make that thousands of bands that are better?

and the way you keep describing them/their members has having a "slight degree of respectability" and so on, even you admit they're less than nothing.

but then again, you had a scott stapp avatar. why am i even wasting my time?

Anyway anyone looking to be musically "enlightened" visit this:

http://ubb.mojo4music.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=1

These people have impeccable taste. Unfortunately most don't like U2 much but there are a few exceptions.

(But I wouldn't suggest starting a Limp Bizkit thread there, although in fairness someone did start an Oasis thread basically suggesting Liam was the best frontman ever - no accounting for taste.)

everything. a spade is a spade, and i call it as i see.

and the way i see it, anyone who gives limp bizkit an ounce of respect is not worthy of my time. not only that, but they shouldn't post here - or anywhere for that matter.

the world has too much shit in it as it is, wars, disease, the canadian conservative party, etc., we don't need threads like this to make things even worse. [/B]

Oh be nice. Shit music isn't on the same level as war, disease, famine, etc.

no.

do you need to try on a pink dress to know you won't like it on you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom