New Limp Bizkit?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

I did it all for the nookie
C'mon
The nookie
C'mon
So you can take that cookie
And stick it up your, yeah!!
Stick it up your, yeah!!
Stick it up your, yeah!!

I did it all for the money
C'mon
The money
C'mon
So you can take that credibility
And stick it up your, yeah!!

etc

Zootlesque said:
I have Pet Shop Boys Discography (singles collection) :reject:

Why be embarrased about that? The Pet Shop Boys are artists, unlike the unfortunate Mr Durst.

financeguy said:

Why be embarrased about that? The Pet Shop Boys are artists, unlike the unfortunate Mr Durst.

well... some people may think it is girly to listen to them or that it is euro-pop-trash or whatever... I guess. :shrug: Not that I care.................much.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i like duran duran for crying out loud! :wink:

I wouldn't be a fan as such but I do think they had some great singles. Then again I grew up in the 80's! :wink:

Flying FuManchu said:
Maybe your definition of rock and rocking out is like the Carpenters so I don't know if there is any point in arguing that Coldplay doesn't rock as hard as Limp Bizkit. :shrug:

You know, I infinitely prefer the Carpenters to either Coldplay or Limp Bizkit. There, I said it.

Better link to "The Truth" (single)

I noticed the old link seemed to be acting batty...

Fred Durst Promises 'Brutal' New Limp Bizkit Album

Frontman says band is picking up where Rage Against the Machine left off.
Fred Durst
Photo: MTV News

SANTA MONICA, California — Just as he wrote on his Web site, Fred Durst vowed during a recent studio session that Limp Bizkit wouldn't be doing press for their upcoming fifth studio album.

But come on, this is Fred Durst.

"We're just Limp Bizkit again. ... It's just about the art." — Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst

And while he clearly has a new outlook on life, in the end the singer just couldn't refuse talking passionately and provocatively about the new record, Wes Borland rejoining the band and the Haterade drinkers who dis Limp Bizkit.

"We've been through a lot," Durst said. "Limp Bizkit is going on nine years this year and ... we were so fortunate to have been picked up by our peers and put on the shoulders of our peers and asked to be a voice, and then had our same peers do everything they could to destroy us and rip us down from that place. It was a great learning experience and now that we're back down, we're just Limp Bizkit again. Things are raw. Things aren't the same. Were not high rollin'. It's just about the art. We're not interested in the fair-weather friends. We're not interested in the television success, the radio success."

What Bizkit are interested in is returning to the same styles and philosophies the band was formed upon back in Jacksonville, Florida, in the mid-'90s — which should be easier now that their guitarist from that era has returned after three years away (see "Wes Borland Back With Limp Bizkit").

"Just when you don't expect something to happen, it happens," Durst said of Borland's return. "We needed to get it out of us, and me and Wes realized that I'm the best producer for him, he's the best guitar player for me — it's just that way. We came to those terms after going away for a bit. I'm really grateful because he's my favorite guitar player, and if anybody ever thought that Wes Borland was a good guitar player, they're going to think that he's the greatest. This is the best work he's ever done. It's Wes' record to shine. It's all guitars. It's all brutal. It's heavy."

Limp Bizkit are also reuniting with Ross Robinson, the metal pioneer who produced their 1997 debut, Three Dollar Bill Y'All.

"Emotionally, I was affected a lot by Rage Against the Machine, not specifically the literal intention of the words or what it was about, but the feel, the sound, those phrases that got me," Durst said. "And I believe this is exactly where they left off." While writing lyrics for the record, Durst realized he needed to change his approach.

"I usually find several ways to express myself: different moods, different days, different voices, different things, 'I'm lighthearted today, I'm gonna do this,' " he explained. "But it's almost like President Bush said, 'You can't confuse the enemy. You send out a message and you gotta stick to it. You can't go up and down.' So this record ... I'm the same guy at that podium preaching to the people on every single song. I'm not doing a dance for you on another song. It's all a direct assault."

Durst changed his environment for songwriting, relocating to Prague for a month to write four tracks.

"Prague is a dark place," he said. "It's very gothic and the aesthetic of it is bizarre and just beautiful. It's like walking around [during] WWII or something. I got over there and tried to get in my Edgar Allan Poe mind frame. Drank some absinth. It's pretty crazy stuff. It triggers something inside of me. ... And just everything about [Prague], the cobblestone streets, the temples and the castles, Harry Potter-lookin' buildings and stuff — it was stimulating."

Bizkit's last album, Results May Vary, carried with it not only the drama surrounding the replacement of Borland, but also Durst's much-publicized romancing of Britney Spears (and tabloid headlines continue to follow the singer; see "Fred Durst Strikes Back After Sex-Tape Leak"). By the time it hit shelves, the band had become a punch line as well as a symbol of the declining popularity of nü-metal, and Durst is well aware of it.

"Everybody loves the underdog, and then they take an underdog and make him a hero and they hate him," he said. "But as long as they can knock you back down, it seems like if you're an underdog again, and things do surface, and they think this is real, 'these guys' intentions are genuine and sincere,' it seems like they will embrace you again."

— Corey Moss

So is this single a Rage Against the Machine inspired song?

Also wow... I didn't know Rivers worked on some Limp Bizkit songs... :huh:

from MTV News...

Mike wasn't the guy. We had fun playing with him but always knew, in the back of our minds, that he wasn't where we needed him to be mentally. On that note, you can assume that the sh-- we are writing now is f---ing powerful and very emotionally laced with reality."

When Smith joined Limp Bizkit in April 2003, Durst deemed their chemistry "dope." So dope, in fact, that he shelved the songs written since Borland's departure, some of which featured the guitar work of Ministry's Al Jourgensen, Weezer's Rivers Cuomo and Korn's Head, and began anew (see "Limp Bizkit Starts Over on New LP With Guitarist Mike Smith").

Borland had left the band in October 2001, burdened by the fear that he was selling out (see "Wes Borland: Why He Left Limp Bizkit").

reading all those fred durst quotes just make me hate him even more.

and the reason I read them is that I'm always willing to give someone another chance; well, fred has proven himself a consmate shithead in my eyes.

and don't even get me started on how he quotes president bush and "don't confuse who your real enemy is" because that line is so full of irony my colon hurts.

Back
Top Bottom