New Led Zeppelin Record OR New Pink Floyd Record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which would you rather have?

• Page/Plant/Jones/New Dummer record a new LZ record

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Waters/Gilmour/Mason/Wright record a new PF record

Votes: 33 80.5%

• Total voters

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The question is simple - hypothetically speaking, which would you rather have:

1.Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones pick a new(new to them, but established in the music industry) drummer and record a brand new Led Zeppelin studio record.

OR

2.Roger Waters and David Gilmour bury the hatchet once and for all and, with Nick Mason and Richard Wright(forming the band's classic 70s lineup) record a brand new Pink Floyd studio record.

Personally I'd pull for a new Pink Floyd album, but not because I prefer Floyd to Zeppelin, far from the truth in fact. The fact is, I haven't really liked anything Zeppelin or its members have done since Physical Graffitti, and I don't see that changing. I true Floyd Reunion album though...that could be great.

A new Floyd album all of the way.

I've never been a huge Zeppelin fan, but my favorite member was John Bonham. Without Bonham in the mix, it's not Led Zeppelin.

Pink Floyd made their best material with those four members, (they could do no wrong from 1973-1983.) I would be in for a reunion record.

Neither. Houses Of The Holy was the last fully realized Zeppelin effort........everything after was loaded with filler. Animals was Pink Floyd's peak, the "albums" that followed sucked tremendously.

Jimmy page and Robert Plant seem to be making crap music at the moment. John Bonham was a key part of Led Zeppelin and he be much sorely missed if they go back into the studio.

Pink floyd album i'd say.

Led Zeppelin was the greatest rock n' roll band ever, and I wouldn't want that legacy spoiled with a new drummer lineup.
Thank God they disbanded the group gracefully, when Bonham died.

Pink Floyd is a much worse band (though I like them a lot) and I wouldn't put a comeback like this past them.

Led Zeppelin
although i dislike them in general , Page & Plant & Co did , can and will do some decent magic together
Gilmour can't write without his lovely wife , Waters can't sing or play , nick is a cool dude , and Mr Richard Wright is ready for retirement

vaz02 said:
Jimmy page and Robert Plant seem to be making crap music at the moment.

I would have to contest this, as Plant's "Dreamland" and "Mighty Rearranger" were both extremely strong albums. The album "Walking into Clarkesdale," which was a Page & Plant collaborative effort, demonstrates fairly well what any further venture between the two, with or without Jones, would comprise. The problem is that Page and Plant, the two major songwriters, have drifted apart in terms of style, just as Waters and Gilmour have been doing since the album "Animals." Thus, it is likely that solo work from these individuals would be quite a bit better than anything that a "reunited" band attempted to release.

I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

I'd rather see Floyd because all of the original members are still alive. With that said, a Zep reunion couldn't happen because Bonzo is dead, but I'd have no problem seeing Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and JASON Bonham cutting a new record. Jason is a great drummer. Jason might've been young when his father, Bonzo, died, but he absorbed a lot when he saw his father play and Bonzo taught him a thing or too. I"ve read a lot of people doggin a drummer, but Jason would have no problem "filling in" for his father.
Anyway, I'd love to see Floyd cut a new album, but just a small tour might be more realistic. Like I said, Zep died back in 1980 when Bonzo died. But, Plant, Page, Jones and Jason Bonham cutting a new album or touring would be fuckin' great!

I'm a much bigger fan of Zeppelin than of Floyd, but a true Floyd reunion could be incredible, while I don't see anything of true quality coming from a Zep reunion except for an awesome tour (which would make me :hyper: )

Re: I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

MrPryck2U said:
I'd rather see Floyd because all of the original members are still alive. With that said, a Zep reunion couldn't happen because Bonzo is dead, but I'd have no problem seeing Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and JASON Bonham cutting a new record. Jason is a great drummer. Jason might've been young when his father, Bonzo, died, but he absorbed a lot when he saw his father play and Bonzo taught him a thing or too. I"ve read a lot of people doggin a drummer, but Jason would have no problem "filling in" for his father.
Anyway, I'd love to see Floyd cut a new album, but just a small tour might be more realistic. Like I said, Zep died back in 1980 when Bonzo died. But, Plant, Page, Jones and Jason Bonham cutting a new album or touring would be fuckin' great!

Syd Barrett died last year, plus David Gilmour is not an original member.

Re: Re: I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

LemonMacPhisto said:

Syd Barrett died last year, plus David Gilmour is not an original member.

What was the lineup when they released Dark Side Of The Moon? [/rhetorical question]

That's the real Pink Floyd.

This kind of got me thinking, though. In the .0000000000000000001% chance that the Floyd were ever to reunite, would Polly Samson try to interfere? :hmm:

Re: Re: Re: I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

LemonMelon said:

What was the lineup when they released Dark Side Of The Moon? [/rhetorical question]

That's the real Pink Floyd.

That's my favorite incarnation too, like I said, they could do no wrong from '73-'83. I was just pointing out that's not the original Floyd, no big.

And I hope to God someone locks Polly Samson in a broom closet if another Floyd album is made. She's godawful.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

LemonMacPhisto said:

And I hope to God someone locks Polly Samson in a broom closet if another Floyd album is made. She's godawful.

"Her love rains down on me easy as the breeze
I listen to her breathing; it sounds like the waves on the sea
I was thinking all about her, burning with rage and desire
We were spinning into darkness and the earth was on fire"

Real poetry, that. :sick:

The broom closet's too good for her.

GibsonGirl said:
This kind of got me thinking, though. In the .0000000000000000001% chance that the Floyd were ever to reunite, would Polly Samson try to interfere? :hmm:

Who is Polly Samson?

Back
Top Bottom