New Led Zeppelin Record OR New Pink Floyd Record - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Which would you rather have?
Page/Plant/Jones/New Dummer record a new LZ record 8 19.51%
Waters/Gilmour/Mason/Wright record a new PF record 33 80.49%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #46
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by liamcool
Floyd. They actually made good music. *runs from all the Zeppelin fans*
I second this.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:47 PM
Why not bring Jim Morrison back from the dead and get a new Doors record?

On a serious note, I'd prefer Pink Floyd - they're the better band in my opinion, and their music is more timeless and ecstatic.

But screw all this, I want a new U2 album.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:47 AM
If anyone wants to hear Roger Waters's feelings regarding a new Floyd album: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/966993

Scroll down to about the last fourth of the page. Of course, nothing will ever come of it, but it's still nice to imagine the possibility.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
If anyone wants to hear Roger Waters's feelings regarding a new Floyd album: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/966993

Scroll down to about the last fourth of the page. Of course, nothing will ever come of it, but it's still nice to imagine the possibility.

oh please god
Old 01-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Awesome interview.

Interesting bit about rewriting The Wall. He's so passionate about the political stuff, and about life in general. Pretty inspiring.

I can really envision them doing something intriguing and relevant with a PF reunion because of those stances on war and religion that he has. More than money, I think it's the possibility of making a dent in people's psyches that would really propel them at this point.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

Awesome interview.

Interesting bit about rewriting The Wall. He's so passionate about the political stuff, and about life in general. Pretty inspiring.

I can really envision them doing something intriguing and relevant with a PF reunion because of those stances on war and religion that he has. More than money, I think it's the possibility of making a dent in people's psyches that would really propel them at this point.
Yeah, there's going to be a Broadway production of The Wall sometime in the future. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, but I'm eager to hear how it turns out!

And definitely, I think they could write a very relevant album if they all got together and wrote a few songs. I have a feeling Roger would have to tone down on the politics, though, in the highly highly highly unlikely event that they would regroup. I can remember Nick mentioning in his book somewhere (or maybe it was in an article) that David dislikes mixing politics with music, and that this was one of the many reasons why he disliked the direction that The Final Cut took. So I think, if anything, we'll get a very political solo album out of Roger in the years to come. Perhaps even a religious one. A concept album about religion's dark grip on humanity, now that sounds like it could be something!

By the way, you should check this out if you want to hear more about ol' Rog's view on life:
Old 01-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #52
Refugee

Local Time: 01:47 AM
Zep aint Zep without Bonzo, but if Page, Plant and Jones reunited I'd be .
Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Floyd
Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:

Yeah, there's going to be a Broadway production of The Wall sometime in the future. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, but I'm eager to hear how it turns out!

And definitely, I think they could write a very relevant album if they all got together and wrote a few songs. I have a feeling Roger would have to tone down on the politics, though, in the highly highly highly unlikely event that they would regroup. I can remember Nick mentioning in his book somewhere (or maybe it was in an article) that David dislikes mixing politics with music, and that this was one of the many reasons why he disliked the direction that The Final Cut took. So I think, if anything, we'll get a very political solo album out of Roger in the years to come. Perhaps even a religious one. A concept album about religion's dark grip on humanity, now that sounds like it could be something!

By the way, you should check this out if you want to hear more about ol' Rog's view on life:
Another great interview

I like his take on things, how he sees both sides, but still sticks to what he believes in. Transcendence for George Bush...if only!

I guess we'll have to see about a reunion. Maybe David would be a little more flexible with the politics this time around...you could make an argument that the average fan is probably more aware of world politics right now than when The Final Cut came out. I was listening to that album the other day, and thinking how if you changed some of the characters in the songs, the message and vision would be amazingly relevant and biting in this era of Iraq and terrorism.

I guess it would hinge on Gilmour, and his willingness to give in a bit. I found this interview with him last weekend...I finally located it again:

Tags
led zeppelin