New Led Zeppelin Record OR New Pink Floyd Record - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Which would you rather have?
Page/Plant/Jones/New Dummer record a new LZ record 8 19.51%
Waters/Gilmour/Mason/Wright record a new PF record 33 80.49%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #46
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by liamcool
Floyd. They actually made good music. *runs from all the Zeppelin fans*
I second this.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 01-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
God Part III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,335
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Why not bring Jim Morrison back from the dead and get a new Doors record?

On a serious note, I'd prefer Pink Floyd - they're the better band in my opinion, and their music is more timeless and ecstatic.

But screw all this, I want a new U2 album.
__________________

__________________
God Part III is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 09:47 AM
If anyone wants to hear Roger Waters's feelings regarding a new Floyd album: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/966993

Scroll down to about the last fourth of the page. Of course, nothing will ever come of it, but it's still nice to imagine the possibility.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
If anyone wants to hear Roger Waters's feelings regarding a new Floyd album: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/966993

Scroll down to about the last fourth of the page. Of course, nothing will ever come of it, but it's still nice to imagine the possibility.

oh please god
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
If anyone wants to hear Roger Waters's feelings regarding a new Floyd album: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/966993
Awesome interview.

Interesting bit about rewriting The Wall. He's so passionate about the political stuff, and about life in general. Pretty inspiring.

I can really envision them doing something intriguing and relevant with a PF reunion because of those stances on war and religion that he has. More than money, I think it's the possibility of making a dent in people's psyches that would really propel them at this point.
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil


Awesome interview.

Interesting bit about rewriting The Wall. He's so passionate about the political stuff, and about life in general. Pretty inspiring.

I can really envision them doing something intriguing and relevant with a PF reunion because of those stances on war and religion that he has. More than money, I think it's the possibility of making a dent in people's psyches that would really propel them at this point.
Yeah, there's going to be a Broadway production of The Wall sometime in the future. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, but I'm eager to hear how it turns out!

And definitely, I think they could write a very relevant album if they all got together and wrote a few songs. I have a feeling Roger would have to tone down on the politics, though, in the highly highly highly unlikely event that they would regroup. I can remember Nick mentioning in his book somewhere (or maybe it was in an article) that David dislikes mixing politics with music, and that this was one of the many reasons why he disliked the direction that The Final Cut took. So I think, if anything, we'll get a very political solo album out of Roger in the years to come. Perhaps even a religious one. A concept album about religion's dark grip on humanity, now that sounds like it could be something!

By the way, you should check this out if you want to hear more about ol' Rog's view on life:
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #52
Refugee
 
MacHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium
Posts: 1,279
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Zep aint Zep without Bonzo, but if Page, Plant and Jones reunited I'd be .
__________________
MacHat is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 12:47 AM
Floyd
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


Yeah, there's going to be a Broadway production of The Wall sometime in the future. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, but I'm eager to hear how it turns out!

And definitely, I think they could write a very relevant album if they all got together and wrote a few songs. I have a feeling Roger would have to tone down on the politics, though, in the highly highly highly unlikely event that they would regroup. I can remember Nick mentioning in his book somewhere (or maybe it was in an article) that David dislikes mixing politics with music, and that this was one of the many reasons why he disliked the direction that The Final Cut took. So I think, if anything, we'll get a very political solo album out of Roger in the years to come. Perhaps even a religious one. A concept album about religion's dark grip on humanity, now that sounds like it could be something!

By the way, you should check this out if you want to hear more about ol' Rog's view on life:
Another great interview

I like his take on things, how he sees both sides, but still sticks to what he believes in. Transcendence for George Bush...if only!

I guess we'll have to see about a reunion. Maybe David would be a little more flexible with the politics this time around...you could make an argument that the average fan is probably more aware of world politics right now than when The Final Cut came out. I was listening to that album the other day, and thinking how if you changed some of the characters in the songs, the message and vision would be amazingly relevant and biting in this era of Iraq and terrorism.

I guess it would hinge on Gilmour, and his willingness to give in a bit. I found this interview with him last weekend...I finally located it again:
__________________

__________________
angelordevil is offline  
 

Tags
led zeppelin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com