New Led Zeppelin Record OR New Pink Floyd Record - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Which would you rather have?
Page/Plant/Jones/New Dummer record a new LZ record 8 19.51%
Waters/Gilmour/Mason/Wright record a new PF record 33 80.49%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #16
Refugee
 
cdisantis83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Among Badgers
Posts: 1,033
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
Jimmy page and Robert Plant seem to be making crap music at the moment.
I would have to contest this, as Plant's "Dreamland" and "Mighty Rearranger" were both extremely strong albums. The album "Walking into Clarkesdale," which was a Page & Plant collaborative effort, demonstrates fairly well what any further venture between the two, with or without Jones, would comprise. The problem is that Page and Plant, the two major songwriters, have drifted apart in terms of style, just as Waters and Gilmour have been doing since the album "Animals." Thus, it is likely that solo work from these individuals would be quite a bit better than anything that a "reunited" band attempted to release.
__________________

__________________
cdisantis83 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 09:33 PM
I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

I'd rather see Floyd because all of the original members are still alive. With that said, a Zep reunion couldn't happen because Bonzo is dead, but I'd have no problem seeing Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and JASON Bonham cutting a new record. Jason is a great drummer. Jason might've been young when his father, Bonzo, died, but he absorbed a lot when he saw his father play and Bonzo taught him a thing or too. I"ve read a lot of people doggin a drummer, but Jason would have no problem "filling in" for his father.
Anyway, I'd love to see Floyd cut a new album, but just a small tour might be more realistic. Like I said, Zep died back in 1980 when Bonzo died. But, Plant, Page, Jones and Jason Bonham cutting a new album or touring would be fuckin' great!
__________________

__________________
MrPryck2U is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Pink Floyd all the way bitches..

plus all their members are still alive.....

Waters+Gilmour
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LyricalDrug


Pink Floyd is a much worse band

wtF?
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #20
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,813
Local Time: 06:33 PM
I'm a much bigger fan of Zeppelin than of Floyd, but a true Floyd reunion could be incredible, while I don't see anything of true quality coming from a Zep reunion except for an awesome tour (which would make me )
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:45 PM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Re: I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
I'd rather see Floyd because all of the original members are still alive. With that said, a Zep reunion couldn't happen because Bonzo is dead, but I'd have no problem seeing Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and JASON Bonham cutting a new record. Jason is a great drummer. Jason might've been young when his father, Bonzo, died, but he absorbed a lot when he saw his father play and Bonzo taught him a thing or too. I"ve read a lot of people doggin a drummer, but Jason would have no problem "filling in" for his father.
Anyway, I'd love to see Floyd cut a new album, but just a small tour might be more realistic. Like I said, Zep died back in 1980 when Bonzo died. But, Plant, Page, Jones and Jason Bonham cutting a new album or touring would be fuckin' great!
Syd Barrett died last year, plus David Gilmour is not an original member.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #22
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,813
Local Time: 06:33 PM
Re: Re: I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


Syd Barrett died last year, plus David Gilmour is not an original member.
What was the lineup when they released Dark Side Of The Moon? [/rhetorical question]

That's the real Pink Floyd.
__________________
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 01-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 10:33 PM
I'd rather see a "reunited" Zeppelin in live than a reunited Floyd though.
__________________
Lancemc is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Acrobat
 
Idun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 449
Local Time: 04:33 AM
A new Pink Floyd album! ah it would be so great
__________________
Idun is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 06:21 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:33 PM
This kind of got me thinking, though. In the .0000000000000000001% chance that the Floyd were ever to reunite, would Polly Samson try to interfere?
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #26
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Re: Re: Re: I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


What was the lineup when they released Dark Side Of The Moon? [/rhetorical question]

That's the real Pink Floyd.
That's my favorite incarnation too, like I said, they could do no wrong from '73-'83. I was just pointing out that's not the original Floyd, no big.

And I hope to God someone locks Polly Samson in a broom closet if another Floyd album is made. She's godawful.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: I picked Floyd, but "reunions" would be great!

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


And I hope to God someone locks Polly Samson in a broom closet if another Floyd album is made. She's godawful.
"Her love rains down on me easy as the breeze
I listen to her breathing; it sounds like the waves on the sea
I was thinking all about her, burning with rage and desire
We were spinning into darkness and the earth was on fire"

Real poetry, that.

The broom closet's too good for her.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #28
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Did I say broom closet?

I meant Iron Maiden.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #29
The Fly
 
Chris Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 105
Local Time: 02:33 AM
neither.
__________________
Chris Martin is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
This kind of got me thinking, though. In the .0000000000000000001% chance that the Floyd were ever to reunite, would Polly Samson try to interfere?
Who is Polly Samson?
__________________

__________________
namkcuR is offline  
 

Tags
led zeppelin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com