New Kings of Leon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigloader

The Fly
I was just wondering who has heard any of the new Kings of Leon album? If you have somehow gotten the chance to listen to it, what do you think? I'll probably end up waiting until it is released before I try to hear it, but I'm really curious! How does it compare to their other two, and what songs do you think are the best/worst?

That thread that was linked was about the first single, which I heard on myspace. I was wondering about the whole new album. Has anyone heard it?

The OOTS said:
If you read through the thread that was linked, there is mention that the new album has leaked. I know...because I wrote it. :wink:

BTW, the album kicks arse.

I did see that, but I was hoping for some more insight. I'm tempted to look for it, but at the same time I wanted to wait until it is released. I was hoping someone could recommend one or two songs that are really good, or tell me one or two that don't sound to good... I'd like to sample a bit of it, but still save the rest for the official release.

Does anybody else thing that high pitched yell throughout Charmer is one of the most annoying sounds of all time?

Chizip said:
Does anybody else thing that high pitched yell throughout Charmer is one of the most annoying sounds of all time?

Yes it's not one of calebs finest squeals, i've heard a lot better from him. I hated that song at first but it's grown on me, i rather enjoy it now.

Ragoo and Fans are really catchy tunes as well.

for me the best songs on the new album are:-

black thumbnail
Ragoo
Fans
The Runner
on call
Knocked up

Its a damn good album though!

I was the same with Charmer i hated it at first but now i played the album through about 4/5 times its growing on me!

Just listened to on call and wasted a good bit of time scrounging around trying to find the links to the leak.

Anyone have it and willing to post a link for us net-challenged losers?

As I've said in other threads, I buy records when they come out. I like records and concerts and the like. Some people give to charity; I give to the rock and roll business.

Chizip said:
Charmer grown on me. It sounds like an outtake from the Pixies Doolittle.

Overall the album is great. Huge leap forward for kol. I liked their other albums, but I would say that those who didn't like the early ones should give this one a try.

I gave in and listened to it and I love it! The only song I absolutely dislike is Camaro. Charmer takes a bit to grow on you, but I do agree it sounds a lot like an old Pixies song. That was the first thing I thought! It seems like it would fit better on Come on Pilgrim or Surfer Rosa to be, not Doolittle as much.

I'm impressed so far.

A lot less CCR flavor, but that's not bad.

"On Call" and "McFearless" kick ass.

"Ragoo" and "Fans" are just plain fun.

"Arizona" is a rather stately ending track.

I saw Kings of Leon open for U2 and they weren't what I expected and they didn't sing about love or kneeling, and they made loud noises with their guitars that, as a U2 fan, scared me and I didn't really like them in fact they kind of sucked :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom