New King Kong Movie (kk3???)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wormwood

The Fly
Friend of mine works at a Mastering studio in the city, says they just began work on a new hollywood King Kong movie. Has anyone heard of this??

Well rather humorously in the mid 90s Peter Jackson had approached Universal about remaking King Kong. He even went so far as to complete a script and had several sculptures done of what he wanted Kong and The Dinosaurs to look like. Producers turned him down, thinking he couldnt handle a big budget FX driven movie. Jackson goes off and does three little movies about some sort of ring (maybe you have heard of it) and Universal is kicking down his door begging for him to do Kong, giving him a $20 million dollar payday along with it.
Now I am a HUUUUUUUGE fan of the classic 1931 Willis O'Brien film, so I am a bit hesitant of why they need to remake a perfect film. Nonetheless Peter Jackson is top notch, and he is doing two very important things.
A. Keeping the setting of the film in the 1930s, something the 1976 remake failed to do.
B. Bringing the Dinosaurs back. Something the 1976 film was missing as well. It'll be nice to see a new Dinosaur film that doesnt have the words "Jurassic" or "Park" in the title.

--Eric
I Just LOOOOVE Dinosaurs.

Back
Top Bottom