New Jersey Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
OK here's the deal, yo

o wow..... what a bad way to start a thread.

OK so in honor of my birthday this weekend, Fishy and I's gon' pilgrimage up to New Jersey to visit Bruce Springsteen and possibly Pete Yorn related places (if Pete has any landmarks.... aw heck we'll end up in Jon Bon Jovi's backyard, I know it...)

ANYWAY I-- o geez. I KNOW I KNOW last time we said we were goin to NY..... Well.....things change.... :tongue:

ANYWAY We're looking for places to visit on this pilgrimage of ours....besides the Stone Pony. And .....Atlantic City.

That's...that's all we know.

if anyone has suggestions of Bruce-related places to visit or maybe knows of a website that has them?

and Fishy thinks in the Rolling Stones with Bruce there was some kinda map? Aboot Bruce's NJ? If anyone has that.....muchly appreciated

:tongue: so excited

hey, The Sopranos is taped here in good 'ol Jersey. Princeton is a real quaint, pleasant college town to visit, and yes, of course, we claim Mr. Springsteen as our own. That's about the only redeeming things i can say about the Garden State.

oh, and if you like shopping and a bit of history, visit Menlo Park.
oh, and yes, if you're visiting this Labor Day weekend, stop by Seaside Heights or Wildwood, it's usually pretty crazy. Bruce had been spotted at the Jersey shore not too long ago.

and NO, for the love of God, i do not have a :censored: accent! (sorry, that wasn't aimed at you, i just had to let that off my chest)

What you need to do is start out in NYC on Wednesday-- Pete Yorn, Jimmy Eat World and the Hives [woohoo!] are performing here.

Princeton is a college town. I'm not a fan of it. But I have been working there for almost a year now in an office two hours from my beautiful apartment in Brooklyn. Blech. So I'm sure the town would be nice other than that.

:| Believe me I know of the Pete Yorn show. But I move into my dorm Thursday morning.

*sniff* Mayhaps he'll swing by his hometown fer the weekend and we can go follow him......:shifty:

And where's Greasy Lake...

New Joisey! Yay!*claps*

Anyways, this dosent have to do with any of the stuff you talked about but there is some cool stuff to check out:

http://www.weirdnj.com

Ooh! There is this place in Glendora called the Cookie Jar House. Its really cool.:D

Which exit?

Make sure you look out for other performer's landmark - Whitney Houston is also from New Jersey.

I'm thinking really hard, and really can't come up with highlights for New Jersey - Sharky probably covers it best - meaning, the highlight of New Jersey is its proximity to NYC.

Seaside Heights is gross - often dubbed "Sleaside Heights." Asbury Park should cover any resort-like beach town visit in NJ. The Stone Pony is a must for Bruce fans - I went there many years ago for a concert (not Bruce - can't even remember who). Average club - but do it for the "bruce Experience."

I am not sure where "E" Street is - I believe Asbury Park has "letter" Streets. Greasy Lake, again, I am no help...but the majority of the bodies of water in Eastern Jersey could be called Greasy Lake.

Hit a Diner. One of the cool roadside ones, like the Bendix Diner (Rosie used to clean up spills with her paper towels on TV in this diner). It is not far from Giant's Stadium/Continental Airlines Arena (up Route 17 North). Or find one in Asbury Park after bar time! :up:

MonaVox said:
Hmmm anyone know where the heck E STREET is?

that was the subject of a Rolling Stone mag trivia question a couple of weeks ago....and it's NOT in Asbury Park, but I cannot for the life of me remember the town it's in.

Try www.nj.com (I think?) they even carried concert info on that website the night of the first concert :dance:

Back
Top Bottom