New Interpol Leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really starting to get excited about this album. I've barely heard anything, too.

What songs did y'all like on Antics, by the way. I didn't like most of the album, but I loved:

Not Even Jail
A Time to be So Small
Narc

Muldfeld said:
I'm really starting to get excited about this album. I've barely heard anything, too.

What songs did y'all like on Antics, by the way. I didn't like most of the album, but I loved:

Not Even Jail
A Time to be So Small
Narc

I didn't think antics was bad, I just thought it was boring

it was the exact same sound and style as TOTBL, but not a single song was better than what they had previously done (in my opinion)

our love to admire was is pretty much the same deal, except they have a couple songs that do match up to former material

I'm Ready said:

I didn't think antics was bad, I just thought it was boring

it was the exact same sound and style as TOTBL, but not a single song was better than what they had previously done (in my opinion)

our love to admire was is pretty much the same deal, except they have a couple songs that do match up to former material
On Antics, I thought Paul Banks' vocals were recorded higher in the mix. I've read the new album contains more keyboard.

This album (OLTA) is a great album. I've given it a fair dozen spins already, and I can honestly say it's my favorite interpol album. I'm a huge fan of all 3 discs, but I think they have gotten better over the 3 discs.

Antics does have a similar production quality to TOTBL, but Antics has much more focused straightforward pop songs, and it's very riffy. Though it does miss out on some of the mood set in TOTBL.

I think that OLTA recaptures some of that TOTBL mood, and songs like Mammoth just plain fuckin rock.

I don't know if I should hold out until the official release or not. Still haven't heard any of the new songs, not even live versions... Eh, I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

Muldfeld said:

On Antics, I thought Paul Banks' vocals were recorded higher in the mix. I've read the new album contains more keyboard.

I guess for me those two details were not anything highly noticeable to me

I'm not bashing antics and our love to admire in any way though, they're both fine albums, especially our love to admire

I just think for interpol to every release another incredible album like TOTBL they have to make a radical change to their sound, because they already peaked with their current style

And the subsequent tour:

Catch Interpol live at one of the following tour dates:
(*) = new dates.

5 July - POR - Lisbon Superbock Superrock
7 July - Eire - Oxegen
8 July - UK - T in the Park
19 July - Rochester, NY - Harro East Ballroom
20 July - Atlantic City, NJ - Music Box @ Borgata
21 July - Norfolk, VA - Norva
23 July - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
24 July - Pittsburgh, PA - Byham
25 July - Columbus, OH - The LC Ampitheatre
27 July - Grand Rapids, MI - Orbit Room
28 July - Detroit, MI - State
30 July - Milwaukee, WI - Rave
31 July - Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian
1 August - St. Louis, MO - Pageant
3 August - Covington, KY - Madison Theatre
4 August - Lollapalooza Chicago, IL - Grant Park
5 August - V Festival Baltimore, MD - Pimlico Race Course
11 August - JAP - Summersonic Festival
12 August - JAP - Summersonic Festival
16 August - Austria - Frequency Festival
17 August - Germany - Highfield Festival
18 August - Netherlands - Lowland Festival
20 August UK- Birmingham Academy
21 August UK - Newcastle Academy
22 August UK - Edinburgh Corn Exchange
24 August - UK - Reading Festival
25 August - UK - Leeds Festival
8 September - Toronto, ON CAN V Festival
9 September - Montreal, QC - Osheaga Festival*
10 September - Albany, NY - Palace Theatre*
12 September - Boston, MA - Agganis Arena*
14 September - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden*
15 September - Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theatre*
16 September - Raleigh, NC - Disco Rodeo*
18 September - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live*
19 September - Miami, FL - Bank United*
21 September - Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle*
22 September - Nashville, TN – Ryman*
23 September - New Orleans, LA - Sugar Mill*
25 September - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theatre*
26 September - Austin, TX – Stubbs*
27 September - Dallas, TX – Palladium*
10 October - Kansas City, KS – Uptown*
11 October - Chicago, IL – Aragon*
12 October - Minneapolis, MN - State Theatre*
14 October - Denver, CO – Fillmore*
15 October - Salt Lake City, UT - McKay Center*
16 October - Boise, ID - Big Easy*
18 October - Seattle, WA – Wamu*
19 October - Portland, OR - Memorial Coliseum*
20 October - San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium*
23 October - The Forum - Los Angeles, CA*
12 November - ITA - Florence - Sachhall
13 November - ITA - Milan – Alcatraz
15 November - SWITZ - Zurich - Volkshaus*
16 November - GER - Munich - Tonhalle
17 November - GER - Berlin - Columbiahalle
19 November - GER - Cologne - Palladium
20 November - HOL - Tilburg - O13
23 November - BEL Brussels - Forest National
24 November - GER - Hamburg - Docks
25 November - GER - Hamburg – Docks
28 November - UK/ Blackpool Empress Ballroom
29 November - UK/ London Alexandra Palace
30 November - UK/ London Alexandra Palace

Yessss, they're playing the Hard Rock. If I dig this album, I'm going.

I've got GA for Indy :up:

also going to Lolla but they're playing at the same time as Muse so...sorry Interpol :wink:

I pre-ordered Our Love to Admire on iTunes. It comes with a bonus track ... that's why pre-orders rock

AtomicBono said:
I've got GA for Indy :up:

also going to Lolla but they're playing at the same time as Muse so...sorry Interpol :wink:

I pre-ordered Our Love to Admire on iTunes. It comes with a bonus track ... that's why pre-orders rock

Same deal with me....going to Lolla, and will choose Muse over Interpol. But, will see Interpol up in Milwaukee.

It totally sucks that they're only playing a festival in Toronto. The prior show they played in June was a pre-album concert and they only played 3 new songs and 13 songs in total. I want a 17 song setlist of fresh stuff. Damn festival garbage!

As for the itunes download getting a bonus song, that sucks! I preordered the hardcopy. No offense to legal downloaders, but it seems like everyone on the net gets better stuff. Even the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue provides better pics online than in print for which I paid good money. I'm paying more for the hardcopy album, so I should at least get the bonus track. This is stupid.

So I downloaded Our Love to Admire from iTunes last night...so far I'd say it's decent. Didn't hit me the way Turn on the Bright Lights did. I think Antics took a little growing time so maybe this will too. But Rest My Chemistry = :drool: :drool: :drool:

I bought it today, along with the new Spoon. I listened to it once already and I liked what I heard. I really liked the first five songs, with the exception of Heinrich, but only time will tell how how I feel about the entire thing.

I'm enjoying it. I got Spoon yesterday too though, and I like that better, so they are getting more attention than Interpol at the moment.

I own Antics, but I've never even heard Turn On The Bright Lights. :reject:

got_edge said:
What's with the icon, IMP? I am offended :grumpy:

That was the goal.
smielephantin7.gif

You're kidding, right? If not, that's just shameful. Go and get TOTBL NOW! If you thought Antics was good, TOTBL will blow your mind.

I haven't heard it yet but there are some good comments here so it must be really good :up:
I was going to their show last week but I couldn't:sad: I read some reviews and everybody said they were great. I hope they come back soon. The funny thing about that day was that the act before them was... Scissor Sisters... such a different style for the same festival day...

saw Interpol in the Egyptian room in Indianapolis...very small venue...was right up in front on the rail right in front of Daniel :D man is he hot. i kind of want him and carlos right nowwww

very good show...I wasn't expecting it to be so great cuz I've heard people say Interpol are boring live, but they seemed pretty fuckin into it to me, especially Daniel. Setlist coulda been better but they played Obstacle 1, Stella, Evil, Narc, and Rest My Chemistry so I was pretty happy. I would definitely see them again :up:

and did I mention how much I love Carlos D :drool: he's so cool!! even with that moustache.

Wish Interpol were given some airplay in Australia. They have recieved absolutely nothing. Barely anyone knows of their existence.

TOTBL is a splendid album, and I'm loving Heinrich Manuever.....

I've started listening to the album quite a bit recently, as I waited a couple of months after I bought it to open it.

I don't like Mammoth, especially those Coldplay-like radio-friendly simple guitar notes; then again, the ending to "Roland" is simple but gorgeous.
I don't like "Who Do You Think", though the very start of the guitar twang showed some real potential. "The Scale" is alright; I haven't given that enough numerous proper listenings. I'm warming up to "The Lighthouse", but it's taking time, and that's not a bad thing. I was the same with "Leif Erikson" which I now love. "Mind Over Time" is overrated. It's good, but certainly no "Song Seven" (Antics sessions). I quite enjoy "Heinrich Maneuver" -- certainly more than any of the "Antics" singles "Slow Hands", "Evil" or "C'mere".

I love:
Pioneer to the Falls
No 'I' in Threesome (I really enjoy how it's sung like a wonderful love song against these selfish funny lyrics.)
Rest My Chemistry
Pace is the Trick
Wrecking Ball

AtomicBono said:
saw Interpol in the Egyptian room in Indianapolis...very small venue...was right up in front on the rail right in front of Daniel :D man is he hot. i kind of want him and carlos right nowwww

very good show...I wasn't expecting it to be so great cuz I've heard people say Interpol are boring live, but they seemed pretty fuckin into it to me, especially Daniel. Setlist coulda been better but they played Obstacle 1, Stella, Evil, Narc, and Rest My Chemistry so I was pretty happy. I would definitely see them again :up:

and did I mention how much I love Carlos D :drool: he's so cool!! even with that moustache.

I saw them at a damn festival and the setlist was damn short and full of Antics singles. :(

Wrecking Ball is a humdinger.

I've grown to love this album.

Muldfeld said:

I saw them at a damn festival and the setlist was damn short and full of Antics singles. :(

yeah I was surprised at how much Antics they played at my show as well. which is cool cuz I like Antics, but TOBL is by far their best album.

I'm still mixed on Our Love to Admire. It has some great songs but a lot of it ends up kinda sounding boring and the same. and yeah I don't like Mammoth either. It grates on my nerves. The best songs are mos def Rest My Chemistry and All Fired Up.

Back
Top Bottom