New Interpol Album Leaked(soulseek)! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2004, 11:49 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:22 PM
New Interpol Album Leaked(soulseek)!

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.ph...pic=7392&st=40

this thread has the usernames of people sharing the file. obviously, the list will grow bigger, and i haven't even heard any of it yet, because i'm waiting my turn.

but i thought i'd give you all a heads up.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:33 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

God bless you

Old 07-01-2004, 12:47 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:22 PM
You know, this type of thing really irritates me even though I'm not a fan of Interpol. I fail to see how someone who is a fan of a band can justify stealing (which is what illegally downloading a CD is - theft of intellectual property) from that band. I know that many people feel the band isn't making anything from cd sales anyway and the record companies are making too much, but just how that justify stealing? The cd is too expensive? Well then don't buy the damned thing, but don't steal it either. And to those that say, "well, if I like it (after downloading) I'll go out and buy it" I ask, do you steal a pair of shoes and if you like them go buy another pair?

I know, I know, I'm a pain, but I like too many smaller bands who really do depend on cd sales (amongst other things) to make a living.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:30 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

while i understand your position, the reality is that if there was no such thing as "illegal downloading", bands like Interpol wouldn't even be heard of.

the internet has opened the door for so many small bands, and being in an original band, myself, i'd feel honored if someone were to download my songs.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:53 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
while i understand your position, the reality is that if there was no such thing as "illegal downloading", bands like Interpol wouldn't even be heard of.

the internet has opened the door for so many small bands, and being in an original band, myself, i'd feel honored if someone were to download my songs.
I have no problem whatsoever with the legal downloading of music - many, many bands offer several free downloads of songs on their websites, and some bands (Sea Ray and Remy Zero - before they broke up) even allow one to stream entire albums from their site. It is the illegal downloading I strongly oppose. And I really can't see any justification for it, especially when free downloads are readily offered.

And if you would be honored if someone were to download your songs, mikal, that's great, you should make them available. But if you choose not to make them available for free downloads the people who want them should respect that and purchase then if the want them. Whoever owns the material has the right to distribute it anyway they choose.

I guess I just don't get why people seem to think this is really any different than stealing something from a shop, or refusing to give you your paycheck after you have done your work.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:08 AM   #6
Blue Meth Addict

To download or not to download.....

Indra, I totally understand your view points on this. I tend to never download entire albums, unless I know for a fact I will buy the CD when it comes out. I've loved their first album so much that I already know I'm going to want to get this one. I'll also be seeing them in concert in a month, so it would be nice if I actually knew some of the new songs.

That being said, I've had the fun of buying a new album ruined for me a few times when I've already downloaded and heard the whole album multiple times. Hmmm.....we'll see, so many decisions.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

oh man, im itching......
Old 07-01-2004, 09:06 AM   #8
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis Presley
oh man, im itching......
How many times do I have to tell you? Use lotion.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:27 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

I learn about bands like Interpol from music magazines - and then wait until I hear a song on their website or at Amazon. When making music is your livelihood and more than a weekend sideproject, I do see the argument to not download the album online and then maybe later NOT buy it. Maybe I'm old fashioned that way, I dunno. I've been friends with way too many musicians who do not like to be stolen from, and have seen their careers suffer and/or not take off because of it. So, file me in with people who see the downloading of the album online (and then not buying it/deleting it) as the same as walking into a record shop and stealing it.

I liken it to the same way I feel about people who talk on their cell phone and drive at the same time. It's like, "what did you ever DO without a cellphone?" - I think it's the progression of the culture needing everything "now" as opposed to hearing about things the way we previously did - radio, MTV and magazines (depending upon what music you like).

And further, all this talk about the music industry losing money, laying off their staffs and reducing their rosters (i.e. putting bands and artists out of a contract and thusly out of money) - I don't recall all of that happening in SUCH a big way before the advent of online downloading services.

I hate to go on - but in my professional life, I deal with alot of my products getting pirated online because people feel entitled to have registration codes for free. When people no longer feel the need to pay for my software, I am out of a job and out of money.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:39 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

well, whether or not you believe in it or not, let's try to stay on topic about the new Interpol album, shall we?
Old 07-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
well, whether or not you believe in it or not, let's try to stay on topic about the new Interpol album, shall we?
No problem. I'll be glad to talk about the new Interpol album when it is released.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I just want listen to something of the new thing, as fan of Interpol that I'm obviously I will buy their new album...
Old 07-01-2004, 04:28 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

No problem. I'll be glad to talk about the new Interpol album when it is released.
that was not necessary. i was just trying to give people a heads up. whether or not you agree with the morality of this leak, i was just trying to do something nice. and funny how when the new Radiohead was leaked, the thread was stickied at the top of the page, so everyone could download it. i'd just love to see what some of you would be saying if the new U2 was leaked right now!

anyway. back on topic, this album seems to be more melodic than their first outing. it's still amazing how at moments, Interpol reminds me of early U2. "Take You On A Cruise" is my favorite album so far.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:28 PM   #14
Blue Meth Addict

I found it....it's all in mono. I'll have the whole thing soon.

Not sure if I want to listen to it all. I dig the first song, it's all I've heard. Wish I knew what the first single was going to be. I'd just keep that. I'd just like to be familiar with the new songs when I hear them live.

Man, I love Interpol.

Edit:

I listened to the first 4 songs and deleted the album. I realized that I absolutely loved all 4 of them, and dont want to ruin getting the album when it comes out. I'll download whatever song is released as a single when that's announced.

Interpol has still got it. They may very well make their way onto my 'favorites' list.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:22 PM
I'm still getting familiar with the first album.

Tags
interpol