New Interpol Album Leaked(soulseek)! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2004, 10:19 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
well, whether or not you believe in it or not, let's try to stay on topic about the new Interpol album, shall we?
You have to be kidding. Isn't this thread all about where one can download a leaked album? You want to talk about the album itself, that's just fine and dandy, but both the title and the content of the first post indicate that illegal downloading is an issue here.

But I'm not here to pick a fight (could have fooled you, eh?), merely to state my view on illegal downloading. And I certainly understand the strong desire to hear the music of a band you love - we all have strongly anticipated an album or two in our lives. I believe music sounds better when it is legally obtained and the artist fairly compensated. I guess it's an issue each of us works out for ourselves.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:45 PM   #17
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:31 AM
I'm getting sick of having to post this, but everyone who's so against downloading never seems to read it.

http://forum.interference.com/out.ph..._March2004.pdf

Old 07-01-2004, 11:48 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

that was not necessary. i was just trying to give people a heads up. whether or not you agree with the morality of this leak, i was just trying to do something nice. and funny how when the new Radiohead was leaked, the thread was stickied at the top of the page, so everyone could download it. i'd just love to see what some of you would be saying if the new U2 was leaked right now!
Not necessary? What did I say that was offensive? I simply stated when I would discuss the new album. I have not said one thing about the fact that you gave anyone a head's up, have I? I will be more than happy to discuss the album when I can get the album. That's all.

As far as the Radiohead thing, I had no part in that - nor did I hear that album all the way through yet.

Same goes for U2; I will hear it when it is released on the U2.com site in snippets or when I get a copy of the CD in my hands. But I can only speak for what I do, and I will not say what someone else should do.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

I guess it's an issue each of us works out for ourselves.
your last sentence sums it up perfect, which brings me to the question, why rain on our parade if it's an issue each of us works out for ourselves?

[qoute]But I can only speak for what I do, and I will not say what someone else should do.[/quote]

then Angela, why did you post in this thread exactly?

i'm not trying to start some war or anything, but seriously, if you don't like what we're doing, stay the fuck out, because it's not going to change our minds.

thank you.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:16 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

i'm not trying to start some war or anything, but seriously, if you don't like what we're doing, stay the fuck out, because it's not going to change our minds.

thank you.
Umm...you brought it up! And I also think you protest too much, if you really don't care what I think, why are you so touchy? Just ignore the dissenting views if they bother you so much. But if you really don't want the issue discussed in the future I would suggest you phrase your original post more carefully.

(PS And telling those with dissenting views to "stay the fuck out" is rude.)

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
I'm getting sick of having to post this, but everyone who's so against downloading never seems to read it.

http://forum.interference.com/out.p...g_March2004.pdf
My pdf reader on my pc is screwed up, so I can't read it, but I'm assuming from your tenor that the gist of this is that illegal downloading actually helps cd sales. I've read these reports/studies and I will conceed the possibility, but then again studies are not foolproof (remember, margerine is better for you than butter? well it isn't true...at least for now! just about anything can be proved and disproved in studies).

In addition, why shouldn't the owner of the intellectual property (in this case, music) have control over how it is distributed? To me a lot of the issue is basic respect for the artist. Somehow having one's work taken just doesn't seem very respectful (trust me, I sell my work and have had people steal it - not a good feeling, even when overall sales are good. I even had one of the thieves have the gall to call me up wanting to know when I was next exhibiting! Sadly, it's not cost effective to prosecute, so I just seeth a bit and go on, but I did drop that woman off my mailing list!). Just because you want it now doesn't mean you have a right to it now.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:48 AM   #21
Jesus Online

Local Time: 10:31 PM
There's no need for this to turn into an argument or even a debate. If everyone has said their opinion, please just stick to the topic of the new album if you have actually heard it. Or are interested in hearing it. Or whatever.

Start a new thread for debating the merits of illegal downloading.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:01 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

But I can only speak for what I do, and I will not say what someone else should do.

then Angela, why did you post in this thread exactly?

thank you.

That's truly not necessary, Mikal. I've always been nice to you in the past, and my name is not Angela. I'm not raining on anyone's parade, and I'm sorry if you took it as such.

I would never tell you to "stay the fuck out" of anywhere, and it's quite rude to say it to me or anyone else around here. We all have feelings around here, and your keyboard is not a suit of armor. So be nice, and I'll do the same. But here, if you think I'm judging you (which I'm not), I will leave you be.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
There's no need for this to turn into an argument or even a debate. If everyone has said their opinion, please just stick to the topic of the new album if you have actually heard it. Or are interested in hearing it. Or whatever.

Start a new thread for debating the merits of illegal downloading.
thank you.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

helloangel, i apologize for getting heated with you. it's just that i have a certain respect level that i expect, and when i feel that it's below that level, i tend to get a little pissed and sometimes become quite insulting.

basically, angela harlem's post really summed up my feelings in a nicer, civil manner.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:20 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:31 AM
I hope none of the people complaining about downloading have any of the Achtung Baby outtakes....

Thanks for the heads up, mikal! I need to get back into Soulseek.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:32 PM   #26
New Yorker

did anyone listen to the remix of Untitled that a fan sent them? its on their site or you can listen here.

pretty sweet
http://static3.state51.co.uk/matador...ene_screen.mp3
Old 07-02-2004, 07:19 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:31 AM
Cool, digi. All the sound effects make me think of Bjork.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:31 AM
I want it! Doesn't matter about downloading to me, as I'm buying it when it comes out anyway, just like I bought the first one, but there's been a drought of good new CDs and I'm good and ready.

Has anyone put it up on bit torrents yet?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

anitram, check out the thread at the Radiohead forum that i linked in my first post and you'll find it. i think it's like the 10th page or so.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:37 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
i have a certain respect level that i expect
[B]

We all do. You only get the respect you give. I was trying to be
conciliatory when I posted the following, but got told to "stay the fuck out." That's an odd kind of respect.

Quote:
But I'm not here to pick a fight (could have fooled you, eh?), merely to state my view on illegal downloading. And I certainly understand the strong desire to hear the music of a band you love - we all have strongly anticipated an album or two in our lives. I believe music sounds better when it is legally obtained and the artist fairly compensated. I guess it's an issue each of us works out for ourselves.
But I'm done in this thread. Enjoy the album.

Tags
interpol