New Ideas for Interference... but not the forum. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: (Read the first post) How often to you read www.interference.com (not just the forum)
On a regular basis 22 22.68%
Once in awhile 39 40.21%
Never / I dont recall the last time 36 37.11%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:59 AM
I would definitely support a recipe section

Old 07-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:59 PM
recipe/food sections or forums have been asked for in the past.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:59 PM
jeffjeff

stay on track
Old 07-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:59 PM
if I had more time ON the Net, I'd probaly read more - it's just logistics of time & $$ b/c i don't have the net at home.
....and there have been things I've wanterd to read BUT it takes most of my time to just keep up with my freinds here & various several thread-lines.

see..........i';ve just seen this and I don't have the time right now to read the feedback, but i will in the next few days
Old 07-18-2006, 12:07 AM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
I don't think other music news/content needs to be added to the front page.

U2 only on the front/home page
Old 07-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #51
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 06:59 PM
Something that strikes me as really ironic about the people who only want 'U2' ... is that this thread is in a non-U2 forum

Just thought I'd point that out.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:38 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
Something that strikes me as really ironic about the people who only want 'U2' ... is that this thread is in a non-U2 forum

Fair enough, but honestly if this site became devoid of U2 content, or started being a music site in general, I'd probably leave. I belong to several other boards and when I compare FYM and LS to the equivalent forums on other boards, the threads overlap about 80% of the time (the same news articles discussed, same Happy Birthday threads, same chat threads, same game threads). Not that that's bad, I much prefer Interference and the members here, but at the end of the day I'm mainly here because of U2. The rest of the content and discussion is a bonus, but could be easily found on a number of other sites.

To me it seems like the problem is that there's just not enough exclusive U2 news, so restricting the homepage means there's always outdated articles because of a lack of new information. If only there was a way to generate more creative U2-related topics...
Old 07-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, to your last point, we're always looking for new story ideas and contributors. If anyone out there has an article they'd like to see or would like to write for us, please let me know.

devlin@interference.com
Old 07-18-2006, 11:53 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith2904
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, to your last point, we're always looking for new story ideas and contributors. If anyone out there has an article they'd like to see or would like to write for us, please let me know.

devlin@interference.com
Yes, I think you do a great job. I didn't mean that you guys are missing stuff, but just than in general, there's not a lot of U2 news around. The band themselves haven't been generating new stories.

I'd love to help, but I'm a terrible, terrible writer. I did help another Interferencer with something last month though, but I'm not sure what became of it.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Fair enough, but honestly if this site became devoid of U2 content, or started being a music site in general, I'd probably leave. I belong to several other boards and when I compare FYM and LS to the equivalent forums on other boards, the threads overlap about 80% of the time (the same news articles discussed, same Happy Birthday threads, same chat threads, same game threads). Not that that's bad, I much prefer Interference and the members here, but at the end of the day I'm mainly here because of U2. The rest of the content and discussion is a bonus, but could be easily found on a number of other sites.

To me it seems like the problem is that there's just not enough exclusive U2 news, so restricting the homepage means there's always outdated articles because of a lack of new information. If only there was a way to generate more creative U2-related topics...

No one said anything about the site being without U2 content/news, or the forum changing.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:44 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:59 PM
I would like to see Interference, as a group supporting the One campaign, African group, more actively Well Fund, and/or other well-deserving charities. Since these charities are well organized, it may be possible that a few of their members can support/sponsor sub-sections of the home page.

I think there may be many people that visit Interference that want to get involved in these charities, but for whatever reason, there is no promise of local group organization. A unified virtual group member might work out very well for all involved. The charity would gain numbers and visability. This couldn't hurt Interference, sponsored or not. Interferers would be given the opportunity for people in great need.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

I'd love to help, but I'm a terrible, terrible writer.
You're too hard on yourself...you write very well
Old 07-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

Yeah, but none of us would be on this forum at all if this wasn't a U2 site. Technically all these forums are U2 related.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

Yeah, but none of us would be on this forum at all if this wasn't a U2 site. Technically all these forums are U2 related.
Originally, a few years ago, I would have fully agreed with you.... however, from the rate of posts/threads in the various non-u2 forums compared with the U2 related forums... the numbers indicate that people talk about non-u2 more than anything else, and in the past, during the "slow season" (ie. when U2 is in idle mode) the forum still flourishes, but the rate of U2 discussion significantly drops.

I'm friends with the owners of Murmurs.com (REM) and GreenPlastic.com (Radiohead) and both of their forums are similar in this regard, besides of course they are about their respective bands.

Like I said, my take on the forum in it's present state is that more than anything it's a community where most members share a common interest, that being "U2".

The forum has actually attracted a great number of members which aren't even really U2 fans.... either by finding us by search engines, or word of mouth.

Interference.com will always have it's roots in "U2" and U2 fans, and we'll always cater to U2/U2 fans.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

You're too hard on yourself...you write very well
What have you been reading?!