New Guns N' Roses songs leak: Here they are. Have a listen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
Well here they are. Some rough demos it seems. IRS and Better came out on Thursday and TWAT leaked last night. The Blues has been around for awhile. Have a listen and let's hear what you think.

IRS is a demo from 2003. here's a link:
http://media.putfile.com/IRS

here's a link to The Blues. Live versions have been around since 2002. This one's not live.
http://media.putfile.com/The-Blues94

here's a link to the clip of Better
http://s33.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=1KQ7CZ41JJYO534AV1IJSPUSE0

TWAT(There Was a Time)
http://s25.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=39J0069ECB3JS3IS5HQRVXJH9Q

doubleU said:
We waited 12 years for this shit?

Okay, so what do you want? Freaking Stairway to Heaven? :wink: Let's not start dismissing this record from the get go! Okay, due to some unforseen circumstances that none of us really know, Axl delayed the release of this album. So should we look at everything he puts out now with a 'oh.. this better be good motherfucker, I've waited 14 years!' vibe? :shrug:

doubleU said:
We waited 12 years for this shit?

Demos, demos, demos. These aren't the finnished product. the production and mixing is way too terrible. I really like the sound of Better it's got a real catchy guitar riff and Axl's voice is like it was back in the day on that song. I think that song from the small bit we hear could be a hit ala Vertigo. Not likely as big but in the same vein. IRS rocks pretty good I think. At first I thought what the hell but it's grown on me alot. TWAT has potential but this demo has way too much going on in it. There's no direction. It's just a clutter of stuff that at times sounds cool but at others just sounds like a mess. I like the melody of The Blues but I'm not sure about Axl's voice in it. I like the line at the end "What this means to me is more than I know you believe"

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

Okay, so what do you want? Freaking Stairway to Heaven? :wink: Let's not start dismissing this record from the get go! Okay, due to some unforseen circumstances that none of us really know, Axl delayed the release of this album.
Axl has talked and talked about how he was creating this new sound that is going to blow people away. He's changed line ups over and over due to his "perfectionism". And all we get is watered down GnR. There's nothing new there.

Zootlesque said:

So should we look at everything he puts out now with a 'oh.. this better be good motherfucker, I've waited 14 years!' vibe? :shrug:

Yes.

Hallucination said:

Demos, demos, demos. These aren't the finnished product. the production and mixing is way too terrible.

I'm not bitching about the production of the quality of the sound. I just think waiting this long for same old shit is ridiculous.

doubleU said:

Axl has talked and talked about how he was creating this new sound that is going to blow people away.

Yes.

That's actually not true. Axl never says anything. His small interview in the last issue of Rolling Stone was the first time he's made any kind of statement since 2002. Hell nobody in the media has even seen him since 2002. He's never once actually said he was making a new sound that would blow people away. In fact he's admited that some people won't like it at all. It's people who have built the album up themselves due to the time it's taken. Axl has never claimed anything about the album. I don't care for the way he handles it and how he's kept the Gn'R name or how he treats the fans but in all honesty he's not once ever said he was creating somthing new or revolutionary.

Hallucination said:

That's actually not true. Axl never says anything. His small interview in the last issue of Rolling Stone was the first time he's made any kind of statement since 2002. Hell nobody in the media has even seen him since 2002. He's never once actually said he was making a new sound that would blow people away. In fact he's admited that some people won't like it at all. It's people who have built the album up themselves due to the time it's taken. Axl has never claimed anything about the album. I don't care for the way he handles it and how he's kept the Gn'R name or how he treats the fans but in all honesty he's not once ever said he was creating somthing new or revolutionary.

I'm talking way back in 94 when he dimantled the original lineup. He indeed said he wanted to create something new and the rest of the band wasn't in line with his vision.

Hallucination said:

It's people who have built the album up themselves due to the time it's taken.

:up: :up:

Anyway, let's see. For all I know, this album could be a yawnfest. But all I'm saying is let's not start bitching and moaning rightaway. Let's at least wait till the album gets released, listen to it and then bitch and moan. :laugh:

I really like The Blues..it sounds like a UYI epic but somewhat shorter..this sounds like a remixed live version though.

doubleU said:

I'm talking way back in 94 when he dimantled the original lineup. He indeed said he wanted to create something new and the rest of the band wasn't in line with his vision.

Well sure he said that way back in 1994 but all artists say that when going into recording a new album. Nobody says we want to rehash the same old stuff again. Axl was like that with Use Your Illusion albums also. Axl also said way back in 1994 that he wanted a more industrial sound. That wasn't anything new back then. I don't think he's ever intended to turn the music world upside down with a new style. I think he just wanted the band to evolve. He's never claimed this album Chinese Democracy was going to be anything of the groundbreaking sort.

Hallucination said:

Well sure he said that way back in 1994 but all artists say that when going into recording a new album. Nobody says we want to rehash the same old stuff again.

So that doesn't count?:eyebrow:

Ok:huh:

Of course no ones says "we want to rehash". But you can just say "I'm going to record an album" period. But he didn't do that.

Hallucination said:

Nobody does that. Does Bono do that? I think I made my point.:wink:

Bono doesn't wait 12 years, change line up after line up, or fire the original line up of what was one of the biggest bands at the time because they didn't have his vision. And then after all that, release something that sounds very much like what you were doing 12 years ago.

I'm not saying it's bad. I've heard the released "demos" and many of the live songs from the tour. I like some of them. I'm just saying that none of it sounds like it's worthy of 12 years of work. It sounds like something they could have released in 94 or 95. That's all.

There Was A Time sounds promising too..theres a lot going on, but its good I think, although aren't all these leaks 2003 demos?

doubleU said:

Bono doesn't wait 12 years, change line up after line up, or fire the original line up of what was one of the biggest bands at the time because they didn't have his vision. And then after all that, release something that sounds very much like what you were doing 12 years ago.

I'm not saying it's bad. I've heard the released "demos" and many of the live songs from the tour. I like some of them. I'm just saying that none of it sounds like it's worthy of 12 years of work. It sounds like something they could have released in 94 or 95. That's all.

Well nothing no matter what band was making the album would live up to 12 years of wait time for the fans. Just because it takes longer doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be better. Also Axl didn't fire the other members they all left on their own. Yes he made it difficult to the point where they felt they had to leave but he didn't fire them. And He hasn't really changed the lineup all that much since 1999: Brain(drums) Richard Forteus(guitar) Buckethead(guitar) Robin Finck(guitar), Tommy Stinson(bass), Dizzy Reed(Keyboards), Axl Rose(Vocals). That lineup minus Buckethead(he quit) is still intact. So really the lineup hasn't change as much as people are led to believe it has. Sure any of it sounds like it could've been released in 1995 or 1996 but it wasn't. I don't think we should judge the album based on how long it took to surface, though many people will. Judge it on wheather the songs are good or not. It doesn't matter how long a song takes to come together. Wheather it's 12 years or 12 weeks, if it sounds good that's what matters.

also in some small way you gotta respect Axl. He was the biggest rock star on the planet in the early 90's and he managed to disapear almost completely. He stayed out of the tabloids, there were no real controversies surrounding him over the last 12 yeasr or so other than the goings on in his band and the failed tour of 2002. Yes he's waited along time and it really sucks for fans like myself but in some weird way I think it's cool what he's managed to do. Live his life free off the prying media, paperazzi and fans too for the most part. It's almost unheard of.

having said all that Bono stays away from tabloid garbage and he's the biggest rock star on the planet now, yet he's not a recluse. Different strokes fo different folks I guess.

Last edited:
Sleep Over Jack said:
There Was A Time sounds promising too..theres a lot going on, but its good I think, although aren't all these leaks 2003 demos?

Pretty much That's the conclusion everyone has come to on the Guns N' Roses sites. Wheather old demos are a good sign or not I don't know.

Hallucination said:

Also Axl didn't fire the other members they all left on their own. Yes he made it difficult to the point where they felt they had to leave but he didn't fire them. And He hasn't really changed the lineup all that much since 1999:
Um, yeah a little bit of revisionist history going on here, but I'm not going to get into an arguing of facts. For the members of the band and Axl can't even agree as to what happened to who. That goes for all line ups.
Hallucination said:

I don't think we should judge the album based on how long it took to surface, though many people will. Judge it on wheather the songs are good or not. It doesn't matter how long a song takes to come together. Wheather it's 12 years or 12 weeks, if it sounds good that's what matters.
I'm not judging it based on time. That would be stupid. But I can say these songs are unimpressive ESPECIALLY given the time he's had to work on them.
Hallucination said:

also in some small way you gotta respect Axl. He was the biggest rock star on the planet in the early 90's and he managed to disapear almost completely. He stayed out of the tabloids, there were no real controversies surrounding him over the last 12 yeasr or so other than the goings on in his band and the failed tour of 2002. Yes he's waited along time and it really sucks for fans like myself but in some weird way I think it's cool what he's managed to do. Live his life free off the prying media, paperazzi and fans too for the most part. It's almost unheard of.
Um, sure, but he's also done enough stupid shit to make me lose respect too.

doubleU said:
Um, sure, but he's also done enough stupid shit to make me lose respect too.

You're damn right there. :wink: I mean I think he's a flake and he takes his fans for granted. Honestly this little conversation we're having is the most Axl Rose flattering I've done in years by a long shot. I mean I have very little respect for him aside from the music.

Back
Top Bottom