New Guns N' Roses songs leak: Here they are. Have a listen - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 08:25 AM
New Guns N' Roses songs leak: Here they are. Have a listen

Well here they are. Some rough demos it seems. IRS and Better came out on Thursday and TWAT leaked last night. The Blues has been around for awhile. Have a listen and let's hear what you think.

IRS is a demo from 2003. here's a link:
http://media.putfile.com/IRS

here's a link to The Blues. Live versions have been around since 2002. This one's not live.
http://media.putfile.com/The-Blues94

here's a link to the clip of Better
http://s33.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=1KQ7CZ41JJYO534AV1IJSPUSE0

TWAT(There Was a Time)
http://s25.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=39J0069ECB3JS3IS5HQRVXJH9Q

Old 02-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:25 PM
So far IRS sounds great!

Can't make out much of the lyrics though, except for IRS and FBI.

Old 02-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:25 AM
We waited 12 years for this shit?
Old 02-19-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:25 AM
<----------- loves "the blues"
Old 02-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by doubleU
Okay, so what do you want? Freaking Stairway to Heaven? Let's not start dismissing this record from the get go! Okay, due to some unforseen circumstances that none of us really know, Axl delayed the release of this album. So should we look at everything he puts out now with a 'oh.. this better be good motherfucker, I've waited 14 years!' vibe?
Old 02-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
Refugee

Quote:
Demos, demos, demos. These aren't the finnished product. the production and mixing is way too terrible. I really like the sound of Better it's got a real catchy guitar riff and Axl's voice is like it was back in the day on that song. I think that song from the small bit we hear could be a hit ala Vertigo. Not likely as big but in the same vein. IRS rocks pretty good I think. At first I thought what the hell but it's grown on me alot. TWAT has potential but this demo has way too much going on in it. There's no direction. It's just a clutter of stuff that at times sounds cool but at others just sounds like a mess. I like the melody of The Blues but I'm not sure about Axl's voice in it. I like the line at the end "What this means to me is more than I know you believe"
Old 02-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #7
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Okay, so what do you want? Freaking Stairway to Heaven? Let's not start dismissing this record from the get go! Okay, due to some unforseen circumstances that none of us really know, Axl delayed the release of this album.
Axl has talked and talked about how he was creating this new sound that is going to blow people away. He's changed line ups over and over due to his "perfectionism". And all we get is watered down GnR. There's nothing new there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

So should we look at everything he puts out now with a 'oh.. this better be good motherfucker, I've waited 14 years!' vibe?
Yes.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #8
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallucination

Demos, demos, demos. These aren't the finnished product. the production and mixing is way too terrible.
I'm not bitching about the production of the quality of the sound. I just think waiting this long for same old shit is ridiculous.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:

Axl has talked and talked about how he was creating this new sound that is going to blow people away.

Yes.
That's actually not true. Axl never says anything. His small interview in the last issue of Rolling Stone was the first time he's made any kind of statement since 2002. Hell nobody in the media has even seen him since 2002. He's never once actually said he was making a new sound that would blow people away. In fact he's admited that some people won't like it at all. It's people who have built the album up themselves due to the time it's taken. Axl has never claimed anything about the album. I don't care for the way he handles it and how he's kept the Gn'R name or how he treats the fans but in all honesty he's not once ever said he was creating somthing new or revolutionary.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #10
Acrobat

Quote:

That's actually not true. Axl never says anything. His small interview in the last issue of Rolling Stone was the first time he's made any kind of statement since 2002. Hell nobody in the media has even seen him since 2002. He's never once actually said he was making a new sound that would blow people away. In fact he's admited that some people won't like it at all. It's people who have built the album up themselves due to the time it's taken. Axl has never claimed anything about the album. I don't care for the way he handles it and how he's kept the Gn'R name or how he treats the fans but in all honesty he's not once ever said he was creating somthing new or revolutionary.
I'm talking way back in 94 when he dimantled the original lineup. He indeed said he wanted to create something new and the rest of the band wasn't in line with his vision.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

It's people who have built the album up themselves due to the time it's taken.

Anyway, let's see. For all I know, this album could be a yawnfest. But all I'm saying is let's not start bitching and moaning rightaway. Let's at least wait till the album gets released, listen to it and then bitch and moan.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 02:25 PM
I really like The Blues..it sounds like a UYI epic but somewhat shorter..this sounds like a remixed live version though.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:27 PM   #13
Refugee

Quote:

I'm talking way back in 94 when he dimantled the original lineup. He indeed said he wanted to create something new and the rest of the band wasn't in line with his vision.
Well sure he said that way back in 1994 but all artists say that when going into recording a new album. Nobody says we want to rehash the same old stuff again. Axl was like that with Use Your Illusion albums also. Axl also said way back in 1994 that he wanted a more industrial sound. That wasn't anything new back then. I don't think he's ever intended to turn the music world upside down with a new style. I think he just wanted the band to evolve. He's never claimed this album Chinese Democracy was going to be anything of the groundbreaking sort.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #14
Acrobat

Quote:

Well sure he said that way back in 1994 but all artists say that when going into recording a new album. Nobody says we want to rehash the same old stuff again.
So that doesn't count?

Ok

Of course no ones says "we want to rehash". But you can just say "I'm going to record an album" period. But he didn't do that.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:51 PM   #15
Refugee

Quote:

So that doesn't count?

Ok

Of course no ones says "we want to rehash". But you can just say "I'm going to record an album" period. But he didn't do that.
Nobody does that. Does Bono do that? I think I made my point.