New Guns N' Roses songs leak: Here they are. Have a listen - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallucination

Nobody does that. Does Bono do that? I think I made my point.
Bono doesn't wait 12 years, change line up after line up, or fire the original line up of what was one of the biggest bands at the time because they didn't have his vision. And then after all that, release something that sounds very much like what you were doing 12 years ago.

I'm not saying it's bad. I've heard the released "demos" and many of the live songs from the tour. I like some of them. I'm just saying that none of it sounds like it's worthy of 12 years of work. It sounds like something they could have released in 94 or 95. That's all.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 AM
There Was A Time sounds promising too..theres a lot going on, but its good I think, although aren't all these leaks 2003 demos?

Old 02-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by doubleU

Bono doesn't wait 12 years, change line up after line up, or fire the original line up of what was one of the biggest bands at the time because they didn't have his vision. And then after all that, release something that sounds very much like what you were doing 12 years ago.

I'm not saying it's bad. I've heard the released "demos" and many of the live songs from the tour. I like some of them. I'm just saying that none of it sounds like it's worthy of 12 years of work. It sounds like something they could have released in 94 or 95. That's all.
Well nothing no matter what band was making the album would live up to 12 years of wait time for the fans. Just because it takes longer doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be better. Also Axl didn't fire the other members they all left on their own. Yes he made it difficult to the point where they felt they had to leave but he didn't fire them. And He hasn't really changed the lineup all that much since 1999: Brain(drums) Richard Forteus(guitar) Buckethead(guitar) Robin Finck(guitar), Tommy Stinson(bass), Dizzy Reed(Keyboards), Axl Rose(Vocals). That lineup minus Buckethead(he quit) is still intact. So really the lineup hasn't change as much as people are led to believe it has. Sure any of it sounds like it could've been released in 1995 or 1996 but it wasn't. I don't think we should judge the album based on how long it took to surface, though many people will. Judge it on wheather the songs are good or not. It doesn't matter how long a song takes to come together. Wheather it's 12 years or 12 weeks, if it sounds good that's what matters.

also in some small way you gotta respect Axl. He was the biggest rock star on the planet in the early 90's and he managed to disapear almost completely. He stayed out of the tabloids, there were no real controversies surrounding him over the last 12 yeasr or so other than the goings on in his band and the failed tour of 2002. Yes he's waited along time and it really sucks for fans like myself but in some weird way I think it's cool what he's managed to do. Live his life free off the prying media, paperazzi and fans too for the most part. It's almost unheard of.

having said all that Bono stays away from tabloid garbage and he's the biggest rock star on the planet now, yet he's not a recluse. Different strokes fo different folks I guess.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #19
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleep Over Jack
There Was A Time sounds promising too..theres a lot going on, but its good I think, although aren't all these leaks 2003 demos?
Pretty much That's the conclusion everyone has come to on the Guns N' Roses sites. Wheather old demos are a good sign or not I don't know.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #20
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:

Also Axl didn't fire the other members they all left on their own. Yes he made it difficult to the point where they felt they had to leave but he didn't fire them. And He hasn't really changed the lineup all that much since 1999:
Um, yeah a little bit of revisionist history going on here, but I'm not going to get into an arguing of facts. For the members of the band and Axl can't even agree as to what happened to who. That goes for all line ups.
Quote:

I don't think we should judge the album based on how long it took to surface, though many people will. Judge it on wheather the songs are good or not. It doesn't matter how long a song takes to come together. Wheather it's 12 years or 12 weeks, if it sounds good that's what matters.
I'm not judging it based on time. That would be stupid. But I can say these songs are unimpressive ESPECIALLY given the time he's had to work on them.
Quote:

also in some small way you gotta respect Axl. He was the biggest rock star on the planet in the early 90's and he managed to disapear almost completely. He stayed out of the tabloids, there were no real controversies surrounding him over the last 12 yeasr or so other than the goings on in his band and the failed tour of 2002. Yes he's waited along time and it really sucks for fans like myself but in some weird way I think it's cool what he's managed to do. Live his life free off the prying media, paperazzi and fans too for the most part. It's almost unheard of.
Um, sure, but he's also done enough stupid shit to make me lose respect too.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by doubleU
Um, sure, but he's also done enough stupid shit to make me lose respect too.
You're damn right there. I mean I think he's a flake and he takes his fans for granted. Honestly this little conversation we're having is the most Axl Rose flattering I've done in years by a long shot. I mean I have very little respect for him aside from the music.