New Grandaddy EP info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Grandaddy Reveal Exclusive Details of New EP
Rob Kleckner reports:
When bands go a few years between albums, it's sometimes nice to know what they've been up to before that next LP comes out. And now we can thank dear ol' Grandaddy for squeezing out a little taste of what's to come with a new EP entitled Excerpts From the Diary of Todd Zilla. The name, we're told by V2 Records, comes from a name lead daddy Jason Lytle saw on the "vanity license plate of a grossly oversized, giant tire-style pick-up truck while vacationing in Lake Tahoe."

Todd Zilla was recorded at Lytle's home studio in Ceres, Calif., on older equipment-- none of that "glitzy 24-track" business. Its eight tracks will not appear on the band's forthcoming fifth full-length. Eight tracks? That's a hell of an EP.

Finally, we hear that "in a move that should permanently squelch the first question that European journalists always ask him, Jason has shaved off his trademark beard in a step that drew a collective yawn from his bandmates."

>>EP Tracklist:

01 Pull the Curtains
02 At My Post
03 A Valley Son (Sparing)
04 Cinderland
05 Fuck the Valley Fudge
06 Florida
07 Goodbye?
08 Hidden Health Announcement

http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-07/13.shtml

I like how Pitchfork didnt include any information on when it's coming out (or when the album is coming out)..... I looked around and couldnt find any more info on it anywhere else either. Track 5's title is quite fancy. :wink:

Anyways, looking forward to new Grandaddy :up:

Who cares when it comes out? JASON SHAVED HIS BEARD. IT WAS HIS TRADEMARK. GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT.

Nice. Pretty good
I don't think I've ever heard a Grandaddy song rock like this.

It's good. Maybe it comes a little too close to sounding 90's alt-rock...but that ain't so bad

Basstrap said:

I don't think I've ever heard a Grandaddy song rock like this.

Yeah, that's the same thing I thought. A little repetitive, but what isnt? Fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom