New Eagles Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
Once upon a time, these guys put together some great music. It will interesting to see if this record is any good.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070131/music_nm/eagles_album_dc_1

LOS ANGELES, Jan 30 (Reuters Life!) - Fans of Southern California's classic rock group the Eagles may soon be getting that peaceful, easy feeling all over again.
Don Henley, one of the group's founding members, said during a private weekend concert appearance he and his old bandmates were nearing completion of their first album of all-new music in nearly 30 years, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported on Tuesday.
"It's coming out in 60 to 90 days, if we don't kill each other first," Henley was quoted as telling his audience on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Neither Henley's publicist nor his manager had any immediate comment on the report.
The group's last collection of all-new studio material was 1979's "The Long Run," which produced the Grammy-winning No. 1 hit single "Heartache Tonight."
The Eagles' 1976 greatest-hits collection, including such favorites as "Peaceful Easy Feeling," "Take It Easy" and "One of These Nights," became the biggest-selling U.S. album of all time, with sales of 29 million copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The Eagles officially disbanded in 1982 and its members all went on to release solo recordings. In 1994, the group reunited for their first full-scale comeback tour with Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Timothy Schmit and Don Felder.
The band appeared together again, with past members Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner, when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

have they ever written a song worth listening to that isnt hotel california?

Maybe Wasted Time, Tequila Sunrise...a couple of others.

Wasn't their Greatest Hits collection the best selling album of all time at some point?.....not that that means anything...:eyebrow:

Hotel California was released in 1976... I was 13 at the time.

It's now 31 years later. So I guess this would be the equivalent of band from 1945 trying to reinvent themselves with a new album in 1976. My reaction as a teenager would be probably be WGAF.

I guess they're just trying to suck every last penny out of their remaining fan base.

U2Man said:

That pronouncement in rather harsh, is it not? The Eagles have a lot of classic songs. Hotel California, Tequila Sunrise, Desperado, Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Woman, etc.

U2Man said:

They definitely have enough good material that can at least cover one whole disc. I have the 2 CD set that came out in 2003. It covers all the good stuff!

df52a2c008a0bf7d007fa010.L.jpg

s06485back.jpg

Ultimate soundtrack to the drive from LA to Vegas thru the desert. :drool:

ETA: That second picture is apparently from the guitar tab book. The CD set definitely does not cost $30, only about $15!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I like a couple of their songs. Desperado is a good song (esp if you're drunk). New York Minute, I Cant Tell You Why, New Kid In Town, um....

New York Minute is actually a Don Henley solo song, although it showed up on that live Eagles thing from the 90's.

Yes, it's sad that I know that.

The Eagles were a hell of a hits band, but once you get past that, there wasn't much of anything else.

And I agree Zoot, if their new material is anything like that Hole In The World song from a few years back, prepare to run.

Back
Top Bottom