New DMB: Busted Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
I got the new DMB album Busted Stuff. It'll really good, but it sounds like it's straight from 1996. I would recommend it, though. Anybody else hear it?

This has been quite a year for me and rock music... new Silverchair, new Oasis, new Weezer, new Counting Crows, new CHILI PEPPERS, now new Dave...

The album is great, though I don't like the title track too much. I've heard most of this stuff when it was bootlegged as the Lillywhite sessions. Anyway, I really really like Big-Eyed Fish and Bartender.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I've heard most of this stuff when it was bootlegged as the Lillywhite sessions. Anyway, I really really like Big-Eyed Fish and Bartender.

Most of this is from the Lillywhite sessions?

Damn I was hoping for something brand spanking new. Oh well I will be getting it today either way I guess

DiGi said:

Most of this is from the Lillywhite sessions?

Damn I was hoping for something brand spanking new. Oh well I will be getting it today either way I guess

That's what I thought so too. I'm thinking of getting it. I think they have a free cd promo if you get it from Circuit City.

dave makes me happy.

i got it last night. i really like it. i listened to grey street five times this morning. i :heart: grace is gone, bartender and big eyed fish.

i think if you get it now it comes with a free dvd. mine did. this is lovely if you have a dvd player. i don't. :|

sula hates everything i like. lovely.

we've had the i hate dave matthews conversation approximately eight million times in here. for those of you who hate dave quit raining on our parade. he's a nice boy.

*throws all dave haters in gigantic reject box and tosses it off a cliff

I like a couple songs over their whole career but I hope there's room for me in the box!

Haven't heard bartender or any of the new stuff, however, so maybe I shouldn't go ahead and judge yet!

I preordered it from the web site, so I could enter the contest for a trip to a concert. I just haven't made the trip over to the post office yet! I hope I get the freebie stuff with the preorder!! :) :drool:

*eats meggy's brains again

EPandAmerica said:
I preordered it from the web site, so I could enter the contest for a trip to a concert. I just haven't made the trip over to the post office yet! I hope I get the freebie stuff with the preorder!! :) :drool:

i preordered for the same reason. :eek: it came last night. you can get to the free stuff website from the cd i think. i haven't tried it yet.

I've also heard most of it and while I'm not overly excited about this material I love Dave and this will certainly be my lunchtime purchase.

I can understand people not liking his music, but the guy (and his band) is so great, so big-hearted and sincere, such a love dog with a hugely generous spirit, that it is hard for me to hear the Dave bashing. It hurts like if somebody said something nasty about a member of U2 and you just wanna go, 'aw, but you really don't understand...'

I am going to buy it at lunch. Dave is my number two band. The new album is like the old stuff like Crash and before. It is going to be more an old skool fan album ( aka not as radio friendly). It is the recordings from the Lilly White sessions that was scraped for the current release of Everyday. It will also have 2 (if I am not mistaken) more additional tracks. They were on letterman as well last night. They did the show from the roof and it was really good. You could see the city and they had crane cameras to catch it all. There is a pretty good review in FHM about it.

joyfulgirl said:
I've also heard most of it and while I'm not overly excited about this material I love Dave and this will certainly be my lunchtime purchase.

I can understand people not liking his music, but the guy (and his band) is so great, so big-hearted and sincere, such a love dog with a hugely generous spirit, that it is hard for me to hear the Dave bashing. It hurts like if somebody said something nasty about a member of U2 and you just wanna go, 'aw, but you really don't understand...'

Agreed. I love DMB. the guy writes some awesome songs.

ghetofabu said:
I am going to buy it at lunch. Dave is my number two band. The new album is like the old stuff like Crash and before. It is going to be more an old skool fan album ( aka not as radio friendly). It is the recordings from the Lilly White sessions that was scraped for the current release of Everyday. It will also have 2 (if I am not mistaken) more additional tracks. They were on letterman as well last night. They did the show from the roof and it was really good. You could see the city and they had crane cameras to catch it all. There is a pretty good review in FHM about it.

I saw the Letterman thing. Dave's lookin' good, lost a bit of weight since I saw him live. I'm happy this record is closer to the old stuff. I've just heard stuff here and there, and live, and so I'm looking forward to hearing the actual record.

I hated Dave Matthews until about a week ago. Now I seem to really like him, I dont know why.

you are feeling very sleepy....

u2popmofo said:
I hated Dave Matthews until about a week ago. Now I seem to really like him, I dont know why.

come over to the dark side. muwhahahahahahaha!!! :macdevil:

u2popmofo said:

He has a way of growing on you--I used to not like his music but then one day I woke up and I was in love with him.

But now that I've awakened from the nightmare of not liking Dave, when someone says "I hate Dave Matthews" to me it's as weird as someone saying "I hate The Edge"--I know what they mean is usually that they hate his voice or the music, but given that Dave is like one of the nicest guy in r&r, it's like really weird to hear someone say they hate him.

optical acrobatics couldn't fool the incumbent skepticism

i don't like dave matthews either.

i went to a concert. i didn't enjoy it.
i listened to all his cd's. i didn't enjoy them.
i even heard some of the new stuff the other night and found it no more interesting.

in the end he just...annoys me.

I have high cholesterol. :(

Kobe -- there is room in the reject box for you too. :D

Flower -- I have a stash of candy bars in the reject box. Since you aren't there, you can't take them. :p

It seems like there a lot of Dave fans that originally couldn't stand him. Myself being one. Though I prefer U2, DMB are vastly superior musicians.

UnforgettableLemon said:
It seems like there a lot of Dave fans that originally couldn't stand him. Myself being one. Though I prefer U2, DMB are vastly superior musicians.

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom