New Damien Rice tour dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am happy that I will see him play in front of a massive crowd here in Atlanta. :D Such a change from the first time I saw him when there were only 25 people in attendance.

Damien Rice

Why won't he come back to DC????

I'm so stupid....I should've gone to his show here last year. :banghead:

Justified said:
I am happy that I will see him play in front of a massive crowd here in Atlanta. :D Such a change from the first time I saw him when there were only 25 people in attendance.

Same here. Next week's show in Seattle is sold out whereas I saw him here in Santa Fe back in November and there were maybe 75-100 people there. It was only $13 and it just all seemed wrong.

I just saw him and The Frames in concert last night at The Wiltern in Los Angeles.

It was absolutely unbelievable!

I've never seen an LA audience so well behaved and respectable! Of course, you don't see talent like Damien Rice and his band very often...

If you get the chance to go peeps in yer town, GO!

I am speechless from last night's show in Seattle.

Really, I have no words. Even having seen him before a few months ago did not quite prepare me for the mind-blowing intensity of last night.

I'm kinda worried about him actually. I'm afraid he might spontaneously combust. I don't understand how he gets into that headspace night after night. He's kind of a genius. And the shows are nothing, nothing, nothing like the record.

And Seattle is one of the greatest cities with some of the greatest people in the world, period.

Yay! :D I'm glad you guys loved it. I'm going to have to figure out where I am and when and go. Yeah, live is so different, huh? I was won over after a live show, not the record.

I've been trying to come up with an adequate comparison of what he's like live. This morning it occurs to me he's kind of like Jeff Buckley meets Thom Yorke with a fair amount of Jimi Hendrix thrown in. The audience was dazed. People came expecting a sweet mellow folksy singer-songwriter and instead got their minds blown. They just sat there with their mouths open at the end. Applause seemed inadequate and a coarse way to show appreciation for what was just experienced. He has major rock star potential.

Jeff Buckley meets Thom Yorke is probably a good comparision..

I think his concert was one of the best I've ever been too. I really would like to see him again

It's so weird how his show is so much different than his records. I mean, his VOICE sounds 1000 times better live.

So weird.

He shaved his head! The performance on Letterman was great--very generous of him to let Lisa sing "I Remember," giving her the spotlight.

I saw two shows this past weekend...amazing. :up: He really shocked some people in the crowd who were expecting a very mellow, laid-back person. :laugh:

Two shows?! :jealous:

The Housemate had a delayed response to the show we saw. The minute it was over he turned to me and said "I liked the Frames better than Damien Rice." I of course loved the Frames but thought that Damien Rice was brilliant and a bit of a genius. Then the other day he said that Damien's peformance had been haunting him and the more he listens to the record the more he remembers the show and gets it. He said it was too intense to take in all at once and he didn't like all the distorted sounds at first but now those songs have become his favorites. Interesting how that guy just kind of gets under your skin and you can't quite shake it.

Here's a link to some videos and live performances I stumbled across--really good stuff:

http://www.irishmusiccentral.com/damienrice/videos.html

Last edited:
Having seen the frames do a full, headlining performance in the past, I have to say that I think I like them better....although Damien is quite amazing. Glen is just such a charismatic lead singer, and surprisingly accessible - he talked to any fan who wanted to say something to him at the shows. Very little matches Damien's glasto '03 performance though.... :heart:

jkayet said:
Having seen the frames do a full, headlining performance in the past, I have to say that I think I like them better....although Damien is quite amazing. Glen is just such a charismatic lead singer, and surprisingly accessible - he talked to any fan who wanted to say something to him at the shows. Very little matches Damien's glasto '03 performance though.... :heart:

I guess I see the Frames as a really great fun show, a party, while I see Damien as a more complex artist and his shows are more like theatre to me. More introspective, more to think about. Hard to compare the two really because they do such different things.

I'm watching this KCRW video now and Damien's playing Radiohead's :heart: Pyramid Song :heart: saying it's a song he wished he'd written. It is one of my top 3 favorite Radiohead songs.

I just started listening to the KCRW show too. :heart:
All great musicians love pyramid song... ;) (megan, you seeing this? "pyramid song RULES!") :laugh:

Yeah, it makes me sad that the frames didn't really get to display everything they have in the short time opening. You're right that Damien does seem far more introspective. I saw the frames in London once though, at a chapel, actually. I definitely saw a more serious side - although a joke does get thrown in there to dispel the seriousness quite often. ;) It's just a bit odd b/c the frames have been around for ages and Damien would open for them. Yes, I suppose it's impossible to compare! They both have their reasons for being so amazing. :)

Damien is now going on and on about Glen and The Frames. It IS weird that they would open for Damien, having been around longer than Damien. He certainly seems in awe of them. And he's playing one the best Frames songs ever and one I reallly wanted to hear live. :mad: (I won't spoil the surprise for you).

joyfulgirl said:
he's playing one the best Frames songs ever and one I reallly wanted to hear live
:heart: I love this song. I also really wanted to hear 'headlong' again.
I really liked all that Damien said about them.

Damien looked rather cute with that shaved head of his.

I need to buy my Music Midtown tickets before Tuesday. *must remember!*

Back
Top Bottom