New COLDPLAY single on the radio now!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
In My Room

Ahhhh.... not a new song, and I even have it burned to CD, but it's so awesome to hear new music from a band you love on the radio!!!! :D Can't wait until their new album comes out.
This version kicks ass on the one I have!!!!

:heart:'s Coldplay........

Yay!! I love Coldplay too!!

Angel, do you know the name of the song? Cuz I wanna try and d/l it. :)

lol, I guess I made it sound like I was in my room, but actually the song is called-

In My Room :D

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 83
Great Band! Saw them at their first show ever in Philadelphia in June 2001!

Ohh... I want to hear!! :)

I saw and heard them for the first time ever at Slane last year. Now I've been waiting for them to come and play in Sweden and when they do, don't you think it's the same day I leave for Ireland, july 2nd. :mad:

The single is actually called In MY Place

I don't know where my head was at. I should know better.

Oh, and btw MissZooropa--> That pic is from Slane ;)

kariatari the live version you downloaded is OLD. It's not the new single. It's the same song, but they have reworked it in the studio and changed it slightly. Try and find the new version. :) I think you'll like it better.

I haven't heard it yet!!
I can't believe I have to wait until August to get the cd!

Just heard "In My Place"... Good Sweet Merciful Lord, it's beautiful. The guitar part alone...

I mean, I've heard some great stuff in the last few months - new Jewel, new Bowie, stuff that reminds us what MUSIC should be, rather than what it has become. But THIS, this song...

...is it too early to say it's as good as With or Without You?

:)

The good news is, the song (the video, actually) is also easily available online.

http://launch.yahoo.com/ (may require free registration)

And here are the lyrics.

I was scared
I was scared
Tired and underprepared
But I wait for you

And if you go
If you go
Leave me down here on my own
Then I wait for you, yeah

In my place
In my place
Were lines I couldn't change
And I was lost, oh yeah

Oh yeah

Thank you Bubba so much for the Launch link! Watching the video + hearing the song for the first time is a total mind overload. I'm definitely buying the album when it comes out, A Rush Of Blood To The Head coming out on August 27th. August! I love the song and I've only heard it once, I'm sure it'll grow on me... This thread deserves a bump.

I wouldn't put it on the level of 'With or Without You' yet, but it certainly is a fine piece of music. But perhaps in the future...

:heart: Chris Martin...

Chris Martiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

Thx for that link Bubba! That was awesome. Wish I had a faster computer with a clear pic, but I'll take a blurry Coldplay over nothing. :D

*Can't believe she has to wait two months.

Citric said:
I wouldn't put it on the level of 'With or Without You' yet, but it certainly is a fine piece of music. But perhaps in the future...

Certainly too early to say whether it'll have the impact as WOWY, or whether it will always sound as good as it does now, but my initial reaction is, yes, this song is as good as With or Without You in at least one respect.

Allow me to give you an idea as to how BIG that statement is, coming from me. I believe that With or Without You is not only among my favorite U2 songs, but their single GREATEST song, and perhaps the greatest song in all of pop music.

It is, simply put, a PERFECT song. The wails of Bono and Edge's infinite guitar contrasted against Adam and Larry's insistent rhythm section. The slow burn beginning that leads up to the passionate cries and the release of the final falsetto.

More than that, and this is where it gets hard to describe, it's a very emotionally big song. The ONLY reaction is to throw out your arms, tilt your head to the heavens, close your eyes, and let it sink in.

Granted, there are other songs - notably U2 songs - that have the same emotional power: New Year's Day, All I Want Is You, One, Gone, Walk On.

And there are also other ways to reach the soul: the small, heartbreaking songs (The First Time, Jewel's "Foolish Games", David Gray's "Shine"). The high-energy releases (Out of Control, Where the Streets Have No Name, Elevation). The diabolically dark songs (Exit, Numb). The irresistibly happy songs (Wild Honey, Coldplay's "Yellow").

But the "big" songs like WOWY are few and far between. If you try to force it, it comes out wrong (see also: Creed). But if you just let the power of the song come out on its own, it can overwhelm everyone.

And - particularly because of the vocals and the chiming guitar (a cascade of the single notes one hears in An Cat Dub/Into the Heart) - this song REALLY overwhelms me.

As with With or Without You, there is only one reaction: throw out your arms, tilt your head to the heavens, close your eyes, and let it sink in.

Love it!!!!!!!!

I heard this song on the radio yesterday, a little while after I had been reading this thread actually. I love it, and I'm not even a huge Coldplay fan (I think their first album is OK.) I'm really excited about this new album now. I think I'm going to have my ears glued to the radio all the time now listening out for it again :D

PS - Bubba, where are the lines in your sig from? They sound so familiar but I can't for the life of me remember where I've heard them before :scratch:

Re: Love it!!!!!!!!

Truly said:

PS - Bubba, where are the lines in your sig from? They sound so familiar but I can't for the life of me remember where I've heard them before :scratch:

It makes me think of a perfume commercial.

Diemen said:
I believe they're from Moulin Rouge.

Thanks Diemen! I'll take your word for it, because I haven't seen Moulin Rouge for ages :)

Yup. Moulin Rouge. It's just one of those things that I really responded to - some secular phrase that, I believe, can be applied in a very spiritual way.

Looking in the places where no flowers grow, I suppose.

(If anyone wants a more detailed explanation, ask, and I'll try to oblige.)

Honestly, I've found quite a few words of wisdom hidden among great movies and television. My other favorites?

"Your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and a good thing never dies." - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

"Get busy living, or get busy dying. That's G-- d---- right." - Red, Shawshank

"If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!" - Carl, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, "Chambraigne"

Okay, maybe I'm joking about the last one. :D

Just heard it again. All I can say is WOW. Loved Parachutes, but if this new single is any example of how amazing their new album is going to be, Coldplay is gonna kick some major booty this year. This is one hell of a track. :D

Chris Martin has truly got one the most beautiful voices around.

Back
Top Bottom