New Coldplay Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
predictions on what it will sound like?

I think it's a make or break album from them; they need to change their sound a little so they don't sound like a one trick pony imo.

Interesting thoughts.

I personally think their last album was the make or break period, and it more than 'made' them.

I'm sure it will be good, they really seem like they've grown with each effort.

Whatever it sounds like, I'm eager to hear it. I'm sure it will have some beautiful songs on it. :yes:

u2popmofo said:
Interesting thoughts.

I personally think their last album was the make or break period, and it more than 'made' them.

Agree, I would expect that the band will be taking a different direction with their sound.

I dunno, I like them, but I'm really on the fence with them....it's like, if they put out a stellar record, I'd say "oh, ok...right on", and be more inclined to say they'll be arounf awjile and be a productive band, but if it just sounds the same, I'll say "well, they're boring now".

really, I'm routing for them, because God knows we need more great bands.

they're a one trick poney right now, but that's not say they can't change.

if they put out something really different next, i'll be more than a little interested to hear it.

I agree that they need to try a few new things this time. The last album was great but they dont need to do a Part II. I would like to see them give a bit more of a harder edge to their sound and pick up the pace on a few songs. I think that would make for an interesting album.

I thought their second album was a pretty significant growth from their first one, so I don't think the third will simply be Another Rush of Blood to the Head.

u2popmofo said:
Interesting thoughts.

I think the last album and the next one are both make or break. The last one had to prove they were not one-hit wonders and now they have to prove that they can consistently be great. Lot of pressure on them but I have faith in them. The first two albums were pretty different from one another so hopefully they can keep evolving.

they need to write more songs like shiver from the one before the last one. it had a creativity to it musically but still had their "gentle" touch ... especially with the falsetto during the edgy chorus. "don't shiver...." (still my favorite coldplay song)

uwwedoogie said:
it wont be out for a while there not making it for a while he hasnt finished his "year off" yet

It is finished or almost finished. They have been working on it since January or so. Billboard reported it would be released in March.

I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'm not the biggest Coldplay fan on the planet, but they're not bad. I especially love "Shiver" and "Clocks" :yes: That said, it's essential for them to evolve a little on their next album. They still sounded like an amalgamation of U2 and Radiohead on A Rush of Blood to the Head. I hope they head off in a direction that's more of their own.

GibsonGirl said:
They still sounded like an amalgamation of U2 and Radiohead on A Rush of Blood to the Head.

I think that is why I like them, though I think there is a little Pink Floyd in the mix as well.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the new album. I also hope they try some new things and maybe go for a harder edge as well. They are masters of the slower paced moody songs (although Clocks isnt really slow paced). They need to expand from that.

They "fell in love with the guitar again"...
...it'll be "the sound of 4 man chopping down the Joshua Tree"...
It's their "most rockiest album since the early days"
..and of course "it'll be their best CD ever since..."
:wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

(And I WILL see them live this time!!)

I just hope their tour doesnt conflict with U2's. Ideally I would want them to tour N. America this summer while U2 are in Europe. Then again, maybe they will do some stadium shows with U2 in Europe. That would be quite a double bill.

I havent listened to Coldplay for a long while, I know when the new album comes out I will be in coldplay mood again! I love their gigs as well :up:

Blue Room said:

I just hope their tour doesnt conflict with U2's. Ideally I would want them to tour N. America this summer while U2 are in Europe. Then again, maybe they will do some stadium shows with U2 in Europe. That would be quite a double bill.

This is really my only concern, them conflicting with U2. If they do, oh well, they're young and I'll always have another chance. U2, I won't.

Back
Top Bottom