New Bob Dylan CD to be sold exclusively at Starbucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is quite odd.

In Canada, HMV pulled all of Alanis Morisette's discography off the shelves when she made an exclusive deal with Starbucks. I wonder if they will pay Bob the same favour, seeing as they have both pandered in the worst degree.

:shh:

Better than only at Victoria's Secret perhaps. :yikes:

I know a lot of people think Starbucks is the evil empire, and hell, they might be right. But an entity called Hear Music has some sort of contractual agreement with Starbucks (or Starbucks owns Hear Music) and that's why certain discs (e.g., Alanis's acoustic Jagged) end up debuting in Starbucks.

All I can tell you is that the Hear Music store in Santa Monica, CA has a very nice selection of jazz and world music. And, this particular Santa Monica store did one thing that Tower and Virgin and even Amoeba never did: they let you rip open any disc in the store (except box sets) and listen to it on the spot. They've moved beyond that and now they have every single disc in the store digitized and available at the listening stations on command. That's more that can be said for Tower, which has maybe half (if that many) of their discs in their database.

That post was very stately. Almost studly, I would wager.

Thats about as bad as releasing a CD only available at Target.

Oh wait...

pub crawler said:

All I can tell you is that the Hear Music store in Santa Monica, CA has a very nice selection of jazz and world music. And, this particular Santa Monica store did one thing that Tower and Virgin and even Amoeba never did: they let you rip open any disc in the store (except box sets) and listen to it on the spot. They've moved beyond that and now they have every single disc in the store digitized and available at the listening stations on command. That's more that can be said for Tower, which has maybe half (if that many) of their discs in their database.

And at some stores (I thought perhaps the one in Santa Monica but I'm not sure) you can create and burn your own mix on the spot, too.

Why all the hate against Starbucks?

To me, and pardon my ignorance, Starbucks is a company that truly transformed America's substandard taste in terms of coffee and created a true culture. Before Starbucks, all we had in the U.S. was 'standard' American coffee which, in my opinion, was pretty much flavorless. Now we have caramel macchiato, frapuccino, moccha, etc. :drool:

I read Howard Schultz' book (Pour Your Heart Into It) and saw how a guy from the Brooklyn projects was able to realize his American dream and, at the same time, create a culture with it. Maybe I am being naive, but I see no harm in that. Overexpansion maybe?

I am a big fan of Starbucks but would like to hear your views on it to better understand why there is so much hate against it.

Thanks.

I personally think the espresso sucks but otherwise I have no problem with Starbucks.

martha said:
But will the album sound better than this last tour?

That is the question, darlings.

allthough i think his tour is pretty good the album is 10 bootlegged songs from the gaslight cafe in 1962 so you dont have to worry

Back
Top Bottom