new belle and sebastian cd/dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
from http://www.jeepster.co.uk

Belle and Sebastian's sixth album "Dear Catastrophe Waitress" will be released by Rough Trade Records in the UK/Europe on October 6th 2003 on CD and Gatefold Double Vinyl. The track listing is as follows:-

Step Into My Office, Baby
Dear Catastrophe Waitress
If She Wants Me
Piazza, New York Catcher
Asleep On A Sunbeam
I'm A Cuckoo
You Don't Send Me
Wrapped Up In Books
Lord Anthony
If You Find Yourself Caught In Love
Roy Walker
Stay Loose

The album will be released in the US by Rough Trade America on October 7th, in Japan by Toshiba-EMI on September 29th, in Brasil by Trama on October 6th and in Australia by Spunk Records on October 6th.

-------------

We are pleased to confirm that Belle and Sebastian's retrospective DVD compilation will be released by Jeepster Recordings on October 20th 2003. The title of the compilation is 'Fans Only and the catalogue number will be JPRDVD001.
The DVD is a record of the development of Belle & Sebastian during their time with Jeepster, from '...Sinister' to 'Storytelling'. Featuring all the videos, live performances, interviews, out-takes, tv appearances, early documentary footage, exclusive material and behind the scenes insights into the evolution of the band.
It was compiled by Glasgow-based film maker Blair Young and the band over the last 8 months.
The Jeepster edition of the DVD will be regionally encoded for region 2 and will be available from our usual distribution partners throughout Europe. Toshiba EMI will release the DVD in Japan. We are currently negotiating a US release for the DVD, as soon as we have any news about this we will add it here.

I guess I never heard they were no longer on Matador.

I need to pay attention to things.

Step Into My Office, Baby
Dear Catastrophe Waitress
Piazza, New York Catcher
Asleep On A Sunbeam
I'm A Cuckoo
Wrapped Up In Books

Awesome song titles :up:

here's the album cover:
dcwsleevesm.jpg

Isobel Campbell's solo album is out Oct 7.

More assorted news from their official site (http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk)

Belle & Sebastian have contributed a track to the forthcoming Rough Trade 25th Anniversary album "Stop Me If You Think You?ve Heard This One Before?" and have recorded a fabulous cover of the Young Marble Giants track "Final Day". The Anniversary album is released by RT UK on October 20th and RT USA on October 7th and is only ?5 / $9.98 - what a bargain!! The record also features covers of old RT artists songs by current RT artists including our mates The Tyde (covering Galaxie 500), Adam Green (YMG too), British Sea Power (also Galaxie 500) and The Delays (Mazzy Star).

-----------

Details of all Belle & Sebastian's confirmed forthcoming shows with ticket information are listed below. As soon as any further gigs are confirmed, they will appear here, and the details will be announced to the mailing list.

We are pleased to announce the following confirmed tour dates for Belle & Sebastian in the US for this fall. We wanted to announce all the ticket details in one go, but unfortunately the promoter in DC has jumped the gun and forced our hand. We should have ticket information for all other venues on Monday, the hurricane has prevented us from supplying you with these details today.

Sun-Oct-26 Atlanta, GA Tabernacle
Mon-Oct-27 Durham, NC Carolina Theatre
Tue-Oct-28 Washington, DC 930 Club
Thu-Oct-30 Chicago, IL Congress Theatre
Sun-Nov-02 Austin, TX The Backyard
Tue-Nov-04 Lawrence, KS Liberty Hall
Wed-Nov-05 St. Louis, MO The Pageant
Thu-Nov-06 Columbus, OH Mershon Auditorium
Fri-Nov-07 Detroit, MI State Theatre
Sat-Nov-08 Toronto, ON Massey Hall
Mon-Nov-10 New York, NY Town Hall
Tue-Nov-11 New York, NY Town Hall
Wed-Nov-12 Northampton, MA Calvin Theatre
Thu-Nov-13 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
Fri-Nov-14 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre

I finally got Dear Catastrophe Waitress the other day. I love it. Early favorites include "Step into My Office, Baby" and "Piazza, New York Catcher."

Back
Top Bottom