New Arcade Fire Song - "Intervention"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, so i just listened to the 'morning becomes eclectic' version and the new version back-to-back.

this song is really good, and i LOVE the organ.

i too, would prefer an mp3 without zane lowe nattering on at the end.

just bumping this thread to say i just bought the single off itunes and it sounds fantastic.

seriously, what a gorgeous song.

Yeah it's out on iTunes since the 28th I think.
Though I still don't like music sold with digital rights management attached - I'll gladly pay 99 cents for these hometown heroes.

i wonder why no one has posted their emails yet.

the song is ok, but i hope the rest of the album is a bit better.

The single version sounds more like The Polyphonic Spree covering The Arcade Fire (sans the choir)... maybe just The Phonic Spree then. I hope that the organ does not become an over-the-top gimmick for Neon Bible. The church pipes are masking what is an otherwise beautiful song (re: KCRW semi-acoustic performance).

~Surf City Eastern Block

Considering the other song that they accidentally leaked (Black Wave/Bad Vibrations), I don't think the organ should be too big of a gimmick for the album.

Anyone out there care to share these two tracks with me? We don't have itunes store in mexico.

coach.u2 @ gmail.com
happy new year!

Pinball Wizard said:
The single version sounds more like The Polyphonic Spree covering The Arcade Fire (sans the choir)... maybe just The Phonic Spree then.

I've felt that there's a similarity between the Spree and Arcade Fire since first hearing AF. Of course, AF lack the Richard Simmons-esque lead singer...:wink:

Back on topic... Curious to hear the album in full. Guess I'll have something to spend my itunes card on.

Now that I hear the song in full stereo, I quite like it. Not up to par with the KCRW version, I fear. It's not nearly as good as some of the stuff on Funeral, but that's tough to do. Regardless, I think it's a great song and loads better than anything else that's going on right now.

Seriously, 2007 is going to be amazing what with the new AF, Wilco, and Radiohead records. I'm quite excited.

the second album is always a tough one. the two songs that have leaked sound very promising, though.

actually its three now. has anyone heard black mirror, the first single?

its not nearly as good as the other two.

IMO

Last edited:
Black Mirror is available to stream at arcadefire.com under Win's Scrapbook, for reference.

Like U2Man, I don't think it's quite as good as the other two, but at the same time, in a similar fashion to BW/BV, the more I listen to it, the more I like it. Definitely a bit of a grower.

Black Mirror is good, but I'm absolutely in love with Black Wave/Bad Vibrations. :drool:

I'm sensing that this may be a dark album.

Woah, Black Mirror is pretty cool. First impressions, the attitude of the song hit me more than the music itself. I'm not sure what I think of the actual song yet, but I like the vibe going on here.

And I finally downloaded the Intervention single over iTunes. And yes, that song's friggen amazing. :drool:

I might shit my pants out of sheer joy.

Especially because of "No Cars Go".

I just got around to buying the David Bowie & Arcade Fire Live at Fashion Rocks EP, and it's friggen amazing! I'd heard the version of Wake Up Before, but it's nothing compared to Five Years, and even THAT'S nothing compared to one of the utterly breathtaking version of Life On Mars? on this EP. Definitely worth the 3 bucks.

Five Years makes that whole thing worth buying.

I love how Bowie's involved with artists like The Arcade Fire and TV on the Radio. It gives me hope for the future.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I might shit my pants out of sheer joy.

:lol:

I just might have to run out for some Huggies...run, run. :ohmy:

That ad was hilarious, and I really love the song titles. Ocean and lighthouse references especially turn my crank. Island living will do that to you.

I posted this last year, but I'm betting that some here haven't seen it. Great AF concert from Amsterdam in 2005 that gives you sense of their incredible live energy: http://www.fabchannel.com/the_arcade_fire

No Cars Go. :drool:

Er, I hate doing this but whatever you guys got please send it - I love you long time....

mike the hockey fan at gmail dot com

Okay, I'm confused?!

I haven't looked at the Arcade Fire site for a long while, and I downloaded that charity single from iTunes, and on his scrapbook it says that they uploaded the wrong song and that this tune I have isn't actually Intervention but BlackWave/BadVibrations?!

Sorry for my ignorance...but what's all that about?
Is the song I'm liking really called BM/BV?

And is that why it's not up anymore on iTunes?

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom