new Aphex Twin record?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought it 1 hour ago
so I've only had time to listen to 70% of it

I have to say that I think I like this one a lot, more than a lot

it's almost as if he's pushed everything from "Selected Ambient Vol.1" up to "Richard D. James Album" into this one, shook it up, tore it apart, mixed it together and made it into one album

even though a lot of different styles are presented, it does sound like one album instead of a selection of tracks

I especially like how the 'clavier-tracks' just sound like Aphex Twin tracks to me, not just interludes
same sense of melody, other instruments

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 11-04-2001).]

I've never been into AT much, windowlicker was pretty addictive, but I do like a recent song of his..Avril 14th, beautiful piano melody..very evocative

I thought the children's voices were a little freaky, cos I heard the record straight after watching The Others!

The techno parts were very nice; it was like a deluge of sounds, almost never repeating in terms of arrangement. Although I thought that all those kinds of techno sounds, as a whole, sounded the same, if you know what I mean. Of course, I know that if I paid more attention and heard them more often, I'd be able to spot the differences. The piano interludes (that's what I call them anyway) were welcomed.

That's about all; I've only had a cursory listen to it (once) thus far.

foray

any more opinions on this fantastic album ?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom