New Album news from Ed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Radiohead plan to go back into the studio in May to record a new album according to Radiohead's Ed O' Brien. The guitarist told worldpop: 'The band are planning a get-together in May in the studio. We're putting all gigs on hold at the moment to concentrate on writing new material.'

Speaking at yesterday's NME/Carling Awards where the band won the award for Best Video for Pyramid Song, O' Brien said the new album may be a return to a guitar based format, ditching the electronica the band experimented with on Kid A and Amnesiac. 'We're listening to a lot of guitar music at the moment,' said O' Brien. 'I like a lot of the new bands like Electric Soft Parade.'

'It's a bit embarassing to pick up an award for Best Video,' continued the guitarist, 'because it wasn't made by us.'

O' Brien also refuted the band's critics who claim they make depressing records. 'We don't make unhappy records. We make uplifting ones,' he said.

Radiohead's guitarist Jonny Greenwood has also contributed to a new Bryan Ferry solo album entitled Frantic. The album is released on 15 April and Greenwood played on the track, Hiroshima.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
O' Brien said the new album may be a return to a guitar based format, ditching the electronica the band experimented with on Kid A and Amnesiac.

The Bends pt 2??

biggrin.gif

no sicy, radiohead are creative enough to come up with yet another unique sounding record -- this time structured around guitars

why bother to make a sequel to a record that every new band in Britain has been trying to duplicate for the last decade?

ummmm, dont hold your breath people. sure they may start a new record soon, i believe that, but remember what ed said before kid a...

back to straight forward rock... um ok. thats what HE wanted. apparently only phil was really on his side on this one and look what came out.

another thing to burst your beautiful bubbles is a colin interview from beginning of the new year... colin was quoted as saying the band has shipped in a pile of new electronic equipment to their studio. hint hint. they have by NO means come close to discovering the end of the line for which they have set forth on.

------------------
-deathbear

i hope the new album is trip-polka. as only radiohead knows how to make it.

i read this on nme.com this morning. not really new news but i thought i'd share.

RADIOHEAD have told NME.COM they will begin recording the follow-up to 'AMNESIAC' next month.
Guitarist Ed O'Brien and bassist Colin Greenwood attended the NME Carling Awards last week (February 25), where they won 'Best Video' for 'Pyramid Song'.

Greenwood revealed that work will begin on new music in just a matter of weeks. He commented: "We're going to start work again in April. We're going to give it a bit more of a break than the last time."

O'Brien added: "We don't know what it will be like yet. You get asked this question before you make a record and we just don't know. So many times you say it's going to be the three minute pop song record, and other times you say it's the prog rock record and it never turns out that way. We'll just get back into rehearsal and then back into the studio and we'll see what happens."

NME.COM also understands that the band may experiment by recording parts for their album live when they play later this year. They have previously sampled themselves playing live and then used the results during the gig.

Greenwood told NME.COM: "We're planning to play some shows in Europe in the summer and we'll take it from there."

Back
Top Bottom