New Alarm Video on Youtube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
me too!! :love: they seem to be touring a lot here even with Mike's illness. I wish I can catch them here on the east coast but the couple of times that they were in nyc I couldn't make it. I live in MD.

me too.. he is definitely beating this cancer...from what I gather.. I am on their email list so I get stuff all the time about what is going on..

FYI! hey...just found this.. on their website.. apparently they are gonna be in NYC on Wednesday, July 12..

Here's the link: http://www.thealarm.com/newsdisp.asp?id=1371

tickets are still available! only 20 bucks! I wish I could go!:sad: It's in the middle of the week and I am here in Maryland.. and I gotta work..

Here's a cool little blurb from the past that was on their website.

U2 - The War Tour, with special guests The Alarm

The Alarm supported U2 both in the UK & the US on their worldwide " War Tour", playing 6 dates in the UK & 18 dates in the US.
The tour inluded the legendary "Red Rocks" show in Colorado, where U2's "Under A Blood Red Sky" album and video were recorded, but the Alarm were unable to play on the day of the show due to bead weather.
Mike Peters regularly joined U2 during their set to play "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" - the song that Mike taught Bono how to play.

hehehe..very cool that Mike taught B how to play that song...:wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
me too.. he is definitely beating this cancer...from what I gather.. I am on their email list so I get stuff all the time about what is going on..

FYI! hey...just found this.. on their website.. apparently they are gonna be in NYC on Wednesday, July 12..

Here's the link: http://www.thealarm.com/newsdisp.asp?id=1371

tickets are still available! only 20 bucks! I wish I could go!:sad: It's in the middle of the week and I am here in Maryland.. and I gotta work..

I just saw that! Come none of my friends like them

:scream:

one4u2 said:

I just saw that! Come none of my friends like them

:scream:

I wish I could!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to go if it weren't for that dang work thing.. it sure gets in the way! :mad: I will keep my eyes open if a show pops up on the weekend I will try and go.. I will definitely go with ya if I can. Let's keep in touch..:wink:

OK Now they are everywhere!

The Alarm-mmvi Free Show This Wednesday NYC
Body: The Alarm-MMVI Live
Virgin Records Union Square
Wednesday 12, July at 1:00 p.m.

As the band continues in it's 25th Year celebrations,
We cordially invite you to join us on Wednesday July 12th, at NYC's Virgin Records Union Square at 1pm for an intimate live acoustic performance by The Alarm.

Pick up the new c.d. "Under Attack" and have it signed by the band.
And don't miss the Alarm later in the evening for their only U.S. east Coast tour date at the Bowery Ballroom NYC.
We look forward to seeing you there!

I hearby dismiss you from work!:wink:

Hey this was posted today from Mike Peters...! Woohoo! I am so happy he is doing so well.
Check this out:

July 09, 2006
A PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM MIKE PETERS
Hello Everyone,

This is the letter I have been wanting? to write to you all since I was diagnosed with Leukaemia (CLL) last December 8th 2005. After an incredible six months, I am now in a position to share with you the news that I am in complete remission.

As some of you may already be aware, I was able to release this news publicly? during the Manchester Academy concert. The reaction to the news was and has been overwhelming. Obviously, I wanted to post this news on the website a.s.a.p. but held back for a few days because of other 'siginificant' news that I will share with you later in this letter!!!

I did have a good idea that remission was coming while I was in the USA for the Joey Ramone Lymphoma Research Benefit Concert last month, but was unable to go public because I was waiting on the results of a bone marrow biopsy to be confirmed by the All Wales Lymphoma Board. This confirmation came through last week.

In the words of my Haemotologist Dr. Edwards, I had the "worst blood diagnosis he had ever seen", when he first looked at me in December with a white blood count of over 500,000. Now, he says I have "the best blood result he has ever achieved in a cancer patient", with a very normal white blood count of 7.5.!!!

I have to put this amazing recovery down to the skill of Dr. Edwards and his prescription of exactly the right drug / chemotherapy regime for me as an individual and the complete love and support of my wife Jules, who designed and supervised an amazing change of diet for me that has also played a huge part in my recovery. I was also encouraged and inspired by the thoughts and affection of fans from all over the globe who kept in almost daily contact via emails with messages of support, goodwill, advice and hope.

Of course, I am hoping that this will be the end of Leukaemia for me and my family but although I am now in remission, I cannot say that I have been cured. The history of this disease says that it will come back. Only last week in the days leading up to the Manchester show, I was in hospital having a Stem Cell Harvest as a safeguard for the future just in case the disease returns and I build up a resistance to the Rituximab / Cyclophosphomide drugs that have worked so well for me this time. Over the next few months my brother and sister will be having their blood typed just in case I need to have a Stem Cell Transplant from a donor and who knows, at some point in the future I may need to look for a donor from outside of my immediate family......

From now on, I will be working to maintain my remission for as long as possible, hopefully forever. To do that, I am going to have to protect my health as a first priority and although there will be more shows and new music I am going to have to be selective about the work I undertake. I think I have shown throughout the last six months how important my music is to me and I believe it has also played a significant part in my recovery. The 'Saturday Gigs' gave me a focus while I was undergoing chemotherapy and each of them was memorable for a variety of reasons. As a result we are all set to continue the theme and in the coming days more shows for the remainder of the year will be announced via www.thealarm.com?? ?

When I wrote that initial letter to you all back in December I honestly did not know how things would turn out. Of course I was hopeful / positive that things would turn out well in the end, but not even I could have dreamt up a better 'happy ending' than this. Last night, Jules and I had it confirmed that we are expecting a new baby to arrive in January 2007.

here's a pic of him and his family
petersfamily0706.jpg

Back
Top Bottom