New Adventures in Hi-Fi-R.E.M.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't like it for a while, but I really dig it now. I'm not sure if that's because I'm getting older or my tastes are changing or it sounds a lot better compared to Around the Sun or what.

Their best album full stop! Beats the hell out of the shit they are making today. Untertow and Binky the doormat are 2 of their finest songs. I think they have forgotten to play the guitar on their past 2 shite albums. Also a wonderfully macabre song on that album is E bow the letter.

Tight album. Almost every song is good here. Great ending too.

I'm not scared... I'm outta here.

great album! fave song: LEAVE
my fave R.E.M albums:
1 Monster, 2 Automatic, 3 New Adventures, 4 Up

used to be my favourite REM album a few years ago. But now when I listen to some of the songs I used to love so much some of them have withered a bit.

I used to be head over heels in love with Electrolite, now it's just a good song.

I hope it comes back.

for some reason, i haven't ever been able to get into rem. but i do have one of their cd's, and it's this one. :up:

:heart: leave :heart:

the soundtrack version of leave from the life less ordinary soundtrack is awesome.

:up: :drool: :up: :drool:

Their last great album. But I still prefer Automatic by a thread.

I think it's an underrated album (although it seems to be getting the praise it deserves in this thread!). I love it...

wow, i thought everyone in the music world forgot about it. anyone who was :drool: for 'leave' i couldn't agree more.

2nd best behind out of time....

Awesome....Leave, Call Me A Leper, Departure, BLINKY THE DOORMAT is perfect.... EBOW is brill too...

Classic album...Particularly if you cut 2 or 3 tracks from it, it is one of the most sensational works of the 90's

Judah said:
Never understood why this album never caught on mainstream wise...guess the public had moved on. [I believe Rollingstone gave it five out of five stars.]

They didnt tour for it, and didnt do "normal" promotion for it either as I remember.

This is one of my favourite REM albums, went back to it recently and have played it a lot :up:

Im really loving this band again right now, after seeing them at Hyde Park!

REM themselves consider it one of their best, I believe.

I rate it highly but slightly prefer Murmur and Automatic FT People

YAY FELLOW Hi-fi-ers!!!
i absolutely think "leave" is underrated, it's one of my favorite REM songs EVERRRR. i was very surprised it wasn't on the compliation: "In time - the very best of R.E.M. 1988 - 2003". but yeah the other songs on this album kick butt as well.
although I haven't heard the soundtrack version of leave, but that sounds really exciting and cool.

Back
Top Bottom