Neutral Milk Hotel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom in Boston

The Fly
Any Neutral Milk Hotel fans here? If you haven't heard them (him), go out and get In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. It's just about the most beautiful, interesting album you will ever hear. I can't say enough good things about it.

Pretty cool. have listened to it several times. If you like it, be sure to check out the Decemberists

I like it. I got hooked on "King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1" when it showed up on a CD mix I got from the Interference CD Exchange and then I bought the CD. I confess I don't listen to it much for whatever reason, but I do like it.

yertle-the-turtle said:

at the end of the day it's a catchy guitar and some very silly lyrics

hmm, I don't think King of Carrot Flowers is silly...I think it's actually kind of poignant. I don't know about the rest of it since I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics or listened to the whole record that much.

It's funny you bring them up. Magnet Magazine (one of the only music magazines I really like) rated 'Aeroplane Over the Sea' as the best album of the 10 years. (Magnet usually only reviews indie/experimental/underground/truely alternative music)

I've downloaded a few of the songs from it, and I really like them. I'm planning on buying it sometime soon hopefully.

i read somewhere jeff mangum (who is essentially neutral milk hotel) isn't recording anymore.

the only girl i ever loved
lalalalala
since they buried her alive
one evening 1945
with just her sister at her side

man i sounded really grumpy just now

but it's actually quite fab

Back
Top Bottom