Nelly Furtado?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I think she is very groovy and cool and I really like her style of music- I really like her new song- 'Remember the days' anyway I am just curious to know what everyone else thinks of ther????
smile.gif

Ohh I love her. I think shes great, her album was awesome, I was going to go see her but the friend who had tix got Hep A so, he kinda disappeared off the face of the earth for a bit.
I thought her latest song was "S*** on the radio"? Or is this newer than that?

Ack. She annoys the hell outta me. She can't sing. Only whine in a really irritating voice, and her songs are about as deep as a wading pool.
tongue.gif

I've only heard her first two singles, but I like them. She seems to be pretty sweet and down to earth as well (however, I wouldn't know that personally...it's just how she comes off as being from what I've seen). She's very pretty as well.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

She needs some cheese to go with that annoying whine...

Didn't really care for her opening up for the boys in Atlanta back in March either. Very pretty girl though!

As quite a lot of you probably know by now (since I mention it every time she comes up) I went to school with her. So it's still a little weird to see her winning every award and likely to win some Grammys. As far as what I think of her music, I do think she's talented and has some good songs, but I also find her vocal style a bit annoying. If she toned it down a bit I would like it more.

I didn't know her very well, but we had English and Spanish classes together. She was one of the "popular" people but she wasn't one of the popular people who liked to pick on the not-so-popular people--she genuinely seemed quite nice. That's all I'm really qualified to say.

Actually, I have to add this--I WAS quite jealous when I found out she was opening for U2. Before that, I was just like "Oh cool, someone I went to school with has a music career." But when it came to opening for U2--jealousy.
biggrin.gif
Now she's up against them for Grammys, and I'm not exactly jealous. It would be silly because I have never wanted a career in popular music, nor am I qualified for one. But the fact that my favourite band, or almost, is up against a schoolmate for Grammys is very strange!!

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-11-2002).]

hi aurora, my bro-in -law loves her and wants me to have her albums. I'll be seeing him soon , so I'll find out then what I think of her music. One thing about her that caught my attention, she has the same heritage as Nuno Bettencourt(my dream man)which accounts for her beauty I think.
Cheers musiclover...you been playing stuck on your guitar?I hope so..i LOVE the C#m
smile.gif

I know this is about nelly futardo... but ...

When do you reckon U2 will get here and how much will they be? The money is getting too tight to mention, so I have to choose wisely. So much great music going on in summer.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 01-12-2002).]

I bought her album, not bad at all I think. I love that 'I'm like a bird' song! Can't say her song has any 'depth' but I kinda like the way she sings(although many people find that annoying)
smile.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif

I didn't really like her until i saw her at Slane 2, i thought she was REALLY good and really got the crowd excited

Same goes for Moby, i had saw his concerts on tv but at Slane he was EXCELLENT, me and all the ppl beside me were dancing away like lunatics, maybe this was because we were about to see u2....but he was great anyway, i even went out and bought his album afterwards
smile.gif

her stomach really looks great in the new FHM
oh no wait that's not her stomach!

i think scatteroflight said she should tone down her style, i would agree with that. god songwriter though, i'm assuming she has written her songs.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

Back
Top Bottom