Nelly Furtado!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heard the new song the other day, I liked it.

Timbaland can't fail.

she made nice songs, now she's made a shift over to whore-pop.

...and i like it.

I was wondering, have more people heard the new album, and what is your impression of it?

(and yeah, she's definitely growing hotter),

Zoomerang96 said:
she made nice songs, now she's made a shift over to whore-pop.

...and i like it.

I can't disagree with her growing hotness or her musical expression of that but it is in all seriousness it's kind of sad to see a talented artist give in to whore-pop. I just want to say I love that term.
Women shouldn't have to be ultra-sexual for the sake of selling records. I think Fiona Apple might have a word or two on this subject. Speaking of which, look at Fiona Apple and Dido who don't use sexual tactics to sell albums.

I think it's more of a reaction to the fact that her second album didn't sell well, didn't have any big singles, and that she had a kid. Seems like a planned "change" to get herself popular again and/or validate her own ability to sell records and still be considered attractive after becoming a mother.

In related news, Timbaland still rules at producing.

I haven't dug into the new stuff quite yet as I recently got Woah Nelly!, which is just excellent through-and through.

I can't speak enough for the production, whether it's the bombastic Hey Man! with soaring vocals over string samples, the smooth and slick Shit on the Radio, or the masterpiece that is Turn off the Light.

Turn off the Light has one of the coolest intros ever, and to transition that into the laid back first verse is just magical stuff. Puts you in a completely different place.

You know, she's always been a fan of pop music, and I don't believe this is a sellout in the slightest. It's not like she was Jewel before or something. There are tracks on Whoa Nelly that are closer to this vein, like the ones Canadiens1160 mentioned above. And who the hell WOULDN'T want to work with Timbaland?

Anyway, screw Gnarls Barkley's Crazy, because I think Promiscuous is the song of the summer. I said that when I DLed the leaked album back in April, and I still feel that way.

Solid album with surprisingly little filler.

nelly-furtado-1024x768-23084.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

She's got quite the Blue Steel look going on there doesn't she. Meh, I don't think she's very attractive. She's got a nice bum, but I wouldn't really like to make out with Ben Stiller thank you very much.

blankgi7.jpg

He looks all emo in this pic. At least the :| smiley has a friend now. He's so antisocial. Almost as anitsocial as the :madwife: smiley...

blankgi7.jpg
+ :| = :love:

The CD is pretty good. No Hay Igual, Afraid, Te Busque and All Good Things are the best ones

'Loose' is great - but 'Folklore' just tears it a new a hole. 'Forca', 'Try', 'The Grass Is Greener', 'One Trick Pony', 'Powerless', 'Fresh Off The Boat' - why oh why was this album overlooked?

i really cannot stop talking about how awesome this album is.

:dance: yes it's showtime :dance:

Back
Top Bottom